We are investigating an issue around players not receiving their Grade Rewards today, we will give more information as it becomes available. Apologies for the inconvenience.

Why do you play your main killer(s)?

Options
mrmeowskeeen
mrmeowskeeen Member Posts: 7

Of course people play the killer(s) they do because they like the power, but anymore reasons?

Why do you play your main killer(s)? 102 votes

I play 'high tier' killers, no tryhard swf is getting past me!
11%
myers_obsessionruktWickedMilk03Financial_Stability18dwhyteThetainted1ImpalaMysticAdvisorRydogRin_is_my_waifuSinisterDogasdw 12 votes
I play 'low tier' killers, to prove people wrong on how good the killer is/like the challenge
9%
BongRips4WraithWINTERSVolantConch1719brokedownpalaceAssassinZodiacBunnyTheHuttxEaHailohCreepingcam1070ghostface_tryhard69 10 votes
I like the killer(s) cosmetics/how they look
16%
FallenRanger0StevoInji0h_DoctorPluSN1P3R5G3TH3ADshepherd404YoukonunadventuresAkarate_DolphinSome_Dood64premiumRICERaven014Shapedanonymous31337Dicklayciabillymyers_art 17 votes
I play killer(s) hardly played to surprise survivors
7%
AshleyWBMicheal_MyersOmegaXIIMedicSpirit7RIP_Legionjasonq500LambdaGuy_without_a_plan 8 votes
I like the killer(s) lore
8%
DaddyTrappersGirlElkNullSp3cRicardiBacardin2njauwuLentoroHellbentChiTenshiBloodyBunny 9 votes
No other reasons, just like the power
45%
Mc_HartyBossGuiltronArk_the_BonsaiAdelooCamoRangerpopolesPandomMister_xDFibijeankatoptrisPeasantZarStocherSpartagone45CrazewtboyRamxenoc445RainbowPatooieExerlinKnex4545Captain_Spaulding 46 votes

Comments

• mrmeowskeeen
    mrmeowskeeen Member Posts: 7
    Options

I forgot to add I play all/most killers cause I like variety option cause I had to remake this poll, but just pretend that's an option too

• Carlosylu
    Carlosylu Member Posts: 2,948
    Options

If I'm having a good day I'll switch between them, if I'm having a bad day, say hello to Spirit and Freddy

• Financial_Stability
    Financial_Stability Member Posts: 466
    Options

I like knowing that the character I have won't limit me, only my skill will (Spirit is debatable, I'm a Nurse main). And winning due to that is fun.

Actually, winning is just fun.

• BluePharoh
    BluePharoh Member Posts: 13
    Options

I just like to stab stab stab stab stab

• AshleyWB
    AshleyWB Member Posts: 4,061
    Options

I honestly get so excited when I think I've scared someone. Other than that I just play for Variety and to understand each killer a little more.

• ZarStocher
    ZarStocher Member Posts: 59
    Options

I play the Nurse because it feels rewarding to outplay a good survivor. There's no better feeling in dbd than that.

• Dr_Loomis
    Dr_Loomis Member Posts: 3,703
    Options

I just like killing.

• PyroDude
    PyroDude Member Posts: 454
    Options

I simply enjoy playing the pig.

If another killer had her power I would main that one then, probably.

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,613
    Options

"BING BONG, mr. Make Your Choice, no running away at all for you!"

• Acesthetiic
    Acesthetiic Member Posts: 1,077
    Options

I play all the killers. All killers deserve some love! (Hag gets most of my love though).

• Captain_Spaulding
    Captain_Spaulding Member Posts: 587
    Options

I chose this option because just loving the character in general isn't one. My "mains" are Daddy Myers, Clown and Bing Bong Boi. I just really love everything about them. Power, cosmetics, lore, hell even role playing as them. It's just enjoyable.

• Rin_is_my_waifu
    Rin_is_my_waifu Member Posts: 963
    Options

Try winning against my stridor spirit, toxic SWF

• rukt
    rukt Member Posts: 13
    Options

Mine would be "I tried to play every killer but in the end you can only play Nurse at rank 1 since gens get done in 3 mins, everyone has a 2nd chance perk and loops waste so much of your time."

• OMagic_ManO
    OMagic_ManO Member Posts: 3,278
    Options

I play Michael cause I love him, most attractive man there is, coming from a man.

• WickedMilk03
    WickedMilk03 Member Posts: 624
    Options

Not only do I really like her power but spirit is also super strong.

I play her because she is the killer I can play and lose and blame it on myself instead of the other weaker killers in which I blame the game because the base objectives are so quick and boring and It is very difficult to beat a swf team that actually wants to win.

If only they just fixed the gens then all the other killers be better. They could then nerf spirit and I would be perfectly okay with it as long as she remains top (but w extra skill required)

Gens come first. Fix gens. I dont see why the entire community isnt going off about how stupid quick and boring gens are.

• BloodyBunny
    BloodyBunny Member Posts: 114
    Options
    I like the killer(s) lore

I wish we had the ghostface from the movies as a cosmetic option and his ability needs a bit of a buff but i like the first movie so i guess i like the lore

• RIP_Legion
    RIP_Legion Member Posts: 428
    Options

Nobody expects the Rank 1 Legion

• Yung_Slug
    Yung_Slug Member Posts: 2,238
    Options

I like to spook people. Nothing makes me happier than when a survivor tells me how scared they were in the post-game chat.

• Raven014
    Raven014 Member Posts: 4,188
    Options

I like the look of the Legion in general. It's generic, sure, but still distinctive compared to others in the roster, and I like running around stabbing people.

The information Frenzy has given has also been a lifesaver (or life-ender in this case) many a time.

I also like Julie a lot in general too, the concept of someone doing something so horrible for love... given to the wrong person... just sounds endearing... don't you think?

A variety of reasons is probably a more accurate description I guess.

That too. XD

• Raven014
    Options

You haven't seen this, have you?

• premiumRICE
    premiumRICE Member Posts: 798
    Options

Kimono spirit 😍

• Stevo
    Stevo Member Posts: 121
    edited October 2019
    Options

Used to main Leatherface and Wraith. Now main Huntress because of the outfit from last year’s Halloween event, though I still play other killers from time to time just because i like their powers.

• whammigobambam
    whammigobambam Member Posts: 1,201
    Options

I like to play LF because I like to rev my chainsaw everytime I spot someone

• Ramxenoc445
    Ramxenoc445 Member Posts: 1,359
    Options

I play the ones i actually like. AKA Freddy, Legion, Huntress, Demogorgon sometimes trapper and sometimes micheal. Thinking on learning spirit b

• RainbowPatooie
    RainbowPatooie Member Posts: 322
    Options

Hag has really good map control potential.

• BunnyTheHutt
    BunnyTheHutt Member Posts: 1,773
    Options
    I play 'low tier' killers, to prove people wrong on how good the killer is/like the challenge

I always enjoy playing the Non meta characters, why I originally mained Old Freddy. Now I'm playing Wraith and do pretty good at red ranks with him.

• Dicklaycia
    Dicklaycia Member Posts: 147
    Options

I don’t play Killer often, but a Killer usually interests me with looks and design before getting into how their power plays. My favorite is the Plague, mostly because of dem acrylics and her fierce strut that she has. Having a fun power and playstyle only solidifies a Killer as a favorite for me.

• Raven014
    Options

You should. With the nurse nerf you'll need a new good killer to have up your sleeve. : P

• Raven014
    Options

I used to play old Freddy a lot. Now... not so much. It felt so rewarding to get a 4k where they nearly get out...

• BunnyTheHutt
    BunnyTheHutt Member Posts: 1,773
    Options

Yea, Freddy has gotten so strong it never feels earned unless it's an optimal SWF group.

• xEa
    xEa Member Posts: 4,105
    Options

Yep, i like the challange. At this point i am avoiding the holy trinity Billy, Nurse and Spirit. People saying that those 3 Killers are the only one to be successful with in red ranks.

They are wrong.

• Raven014
    Options

It's not that he feels strong to me, it's that he feels... off for me. It doesn't feel like the same Freddy I earned my Adept on, the one that basically shows off your skill at the game. He required a different skill set. Instead of just tunneling, you check up on survivors, bobbing, weaving, pinging from one to another and you'll eventually get people down and... well, that's how I found him most effective.

• SinisterDog
    SinisterDog Member Posts: 48
    Options

Couldn't find the "i like the unique ones" so I had to go with this because most of the fun ones tend to be higher tier

• Crazewtboy
    Crazewtboy Member Posts: 1,242
    Options

I was drawn to Billy from the get go just because of his amazing map pressure. The fact that he is a high tier killer is just an added bonus.

• Ramxenoc445
    Options

I have my sweater boi. I don't play nurse either 😂 she was fun though but just not something that has me like :0 I love this killer 100%. Freddy is freddy and I love it, Legion are edgy leather teens, demogorgon is demo. Basement trapper is fun for trapper when you can get it. Spirit seems to be fun just has a little learning to it first and when I was on console I said I'd play her as another killer to main but gave up.

• Guiltron
    Guiltron Member Posts: 149
    Options

I like Ghost Face more than Myers tbh, since GF has an easier early game prep.

• Raven014
    Options

I used to like Freddy when he was weak... he's kind of lost me though, tbh.

I do love a good Julie game, and Demo and trapper can also have good games with the right setups. : )

• Ramxenoc445
    Options

I'm fine with freddy as is or how he was. Though him now I have a lot more mind games potential at least it feels that way.

• Rydog
    Rydog Member Posts: 3,275
    Options

I feel like the summary there doesn't adequately reflect my process.

My top 3 "main" killers are Spirit, Nightmare, and Hillbilly -- in vaguely that order, at least in terms of total play time.

They are all considered high-tier killers, but I would not play a killer solely for that reason if I did not enjoy them (Nurse is a good example of one I don't enjoy playing, though I'm hoping the rework makes me feel differently).

I evaluate and then accept or reject killers based on how much I like them, and also how well I perform with them. I like Doctor, Ghostface, Huntress, and Wraith on paper, but I don't do very well with them. This more-or-less happens to align with their relative gameplay strength, which I don't think is coincidental. I would rather devote time to killers that I enjoy, AND that I can consistently kill many survivors with, which is the perfect Venn diagram of "fun" for me when playing killers.

The Shape is the killer that's been on (and off) the bubble for me, for a while now, because of how feast-or-famine his play style is (he's also my favorite slasher film icon). Maybe he'll make his way into my stable of "mains." I will probably revisit once I have Hillbilly's perks all caught up.

• Liruliniel
    Liruliniel Member Posts: 3,032
    edited October 2019
    Options

These are my PS4 mains. I got cosmetics for them because I like them. I'm currently in the process of attempting Adept so excuse the bad rank.

Spirit

Huntress

Pig

Hag

• BongRips4Wraith
    BongRips4Wraith Member Posts: 87
    edited October 2019
    Options

I like giving survivor's a fun match with spooky add-ons that aren't good at all but still make the game fun for both sides (Iri Clapper, Coxcombed, 6 seconds of surpressed terror radius after cloaked). Wraith is also incredibly easy to farm points without really trying.

Of course I'm going to get bullied in some matches depending on the team/map combo. But it really isn't that bad and it also makes victories more fulfilling as opposed to bullying survivors with spirit/nurse.

• Raven014
    Options

I had a game on The Game with old red paintbrush, and it was funny how many times people would run into me. One even sent me a message asking where my heartbeat was. XD

But yeah, he does have more options than just juggling.

• Creepingcam1070
    Creepingcam1070 Member Posts: 330
    Options

Legion needs love man!

• MrDardon
    MrDardon Member Posts: 3,855
    edited October 2019
    Options

I play every Killer, but every now and then I have one which is my favourite. It switches up every time. At the moment, it's Trapper and Billy.