Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Give us a reason to rank up

Russ76
Russ76 Member Posts: 306
Just an idea.  Looking for feedback, not toxicity.  

What about allowing perks based on ranks?  The better rank the higher level perks you can use. 

Rank 1 to 5 you can use any perks that you own.

Rank 6 to 10 purple color teachables (for that character)  and any green perks.

Rank 11 to 15 green color teachables (for that character) and any yellow  perks

Rank 15 to 20 yellow color perks only.

When I say teachables I am referring to that character specific, so if I want SB and SC  I would at least have to get to rank 15 and then even then one would have to be yellow. 

Would something like this get you to rank up? or would people just stay with lower perks?

(if I didn't explain myself well, let me know that as well.  Writing this up on my phone while I do a Continuing Education course on my computer)

Comments

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

The only reason to rank up is the achievment.
    And to be honest, even though im a 600 hour player now, maining killer I have never bothered to climb to rank 1, sure survivor rank 1 was done in my first month ranking as survivor lol :wink: but when I get too high as killer I always stop playing :angry:

And yeah, leaderboards and seasonal rewards are planned (check the big anouncement that happened before 2.0), but I guess devs realized during the offciialt ournament how broken their game actually is and try to think of some bandaid fix like bloodlust in order to compensate the massive flaws.

At the moment the whole game woudl become a shitshow if everybody wouly actually try to play competitvely in this game

• Russ76
    I heard that seasonal rewards would be offered and that is great and maybe leaderboards, however unless they put some thought into it that would just end up being another who is putting more time into the game.  IE, I would hate to see someone who has 90% kill rate but only plays 3 games a day score lower than someone who has a 10% kill rate but plays 100 games a day.

I guess my thought was, would allowing the use of better perks give people more of a reason to level up?  

Looking for a way to even the playing field a little bit without nerfs/buffs.  In my opinion nothing creates more uneveness than playing against domeone with full perks.  (this thought came out when I was trying to adept Kate and ran into a killer with all purple perks.)
  • switch
    switch Member Posts: 489

I WANT SHARDS FOR SEASON REWARDS REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

• Russ76
    switch said:

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

sigh.  there always has to be one.  

and I don't care what they do for seasonal rewards.  I just want some acknowledgment for those that get to high rank and stay there.  (hopefully I can get there one day as well.)
  • switch
    switch Member Posts: 489

@Russ76 said:
    switch said:

and I don't care what they do for seasonal rewards.  I just want some acknowledgment for those that get to high rank and stay there.  (hopefully I can get there one day as well.)

getting high rank doesnt mean anything in this game you just have to keep playing.
    Been rank 1 both killer/survivor since july 2016 and got nothing should i tell you how i feel.

• Russ76
    switch said:

@Russ76 said:
    switch said:

getting high rank doesnt mean anything in this game you just have to keep playing.
    Been rank 1 both killer/survivor since july 2016 and got nothing should i tell you how i feel.

but that is the catch.. I am trying to figure out a way to cause people to want to rank
    up.

RemoveSWF said:

What, survivors can only use yellow perks if I de-rank to 20?

No more tier 3 DS?

I'm never leaving Rank 20 again!

and that is your choice, but it would also limit your perk choices, but that is something valid to consider.  Also we all know the adjustment to DS is coming, it is now more of a question of when.

I will admit it isn't a perfect system and that is why I am asking for suggestions. 
  • fcc2014
    fcc2014 Member Posts: 4,388

@RemoveSWF said:
    What, survivors can only use yellow perks if I de-rank to 20?

No more tier 3 DS?

I'm never leaving Rank 20 again!

I don't think that will be a problem. What with your current attitude to playing against swf and deranking on purpose. Please tell us how rank 17 's are crushing you.

• Visionmaker
    Visionmaker Member Posts: 2,051
    switch said:

I WANT SHARDS FOR SEASON REWARDS REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

WHAT'S THE POINT IN LIVING IF WE CAN'T LOOK PRETTY
  • MegaWaffle
    MegaWaffle Member Posts: 4,172

@Russ76 said:

What about allowing perks based on ranks?  The better rank the higher level perks you can use. 

When I say teachables I am referring to that character specific, so if I want SB and SC  I would at least have to get to rank 15 and then even then one would have to be yellow. 

Would something like this get you to rank up? or would people just stay with lower perks?

(if I didn't explain myself well, let me know that as well.  Writing this up on my phone while I do a Continuing Education course on my computer)

The game isn't balanced for a ranking system and people already rage quit when the game isn't going there way. If you add a reason to rank you simply breed more "tryhard toxic" behavior with more rage quits and toxic de-pip squads. I think rank should be removed!

• Russ76

@Russ76 said:

The game isn't balanced for a ranking system and people already rage quit when the game isn't going there way. If you add a reason to rank you simply breed more "tryhard toxic" behavior with more rage quits and toxic de-pip squads. I think rank should be removed!

Do me a favor and tell me what you mean by tryhard toxic behavior.  I have a definition in my mind but want to make sure we are on the same page so we can have a real discussion.