Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Should borrowed time affect yourself if you unhook yourself?

MegMain98
MegMain98 Member Posts: 2,913
So let’s say that you are being facecamped by Leatherface’s chainsaw or you are the last one left for dead. If you manage to pull of a 4% unhook, do you guys think that if you have the perk borrowed time it should affect your character if you unhook yourself? It would counter the facecamping Leatherface’s and give yourself a chance of escape if you are the last one left. Wouldn’t be a common occurence however since it is only a 4% chance.

Comments

• Runiver
    Runiver Member Posts: 2,095

Wouldn't make the perk viable for solo.
    Would make a nice trolling perk for SWF with Salty Lips & Up the Ante stacks with Slippery Meat.

I'm not too fond of this idea.

• darktrix
    darktrix Member Posts: 1,790

Do you even get points for unhooking yourself? Seems like you should.
    I think BT ought to, make things interesting and a good story - even with all the luck, it is still pretty low chance.

• darktrix
    darktrix Member Posts: 1,790

@Runiver said:
    Would make a nice trolling perk for SWF with Salty Lips & Up the Ante stacks with Slippery Meat.

Yeah but not many are going to roll with that just to bet on a kobe at the expense of better perks.

• MegaWaffle
    MegaWaffle Member Posts: 4,172

@MegMain98 said:
    So let’s say that you are being facecamped by Leatherface’s chainsaw or you are the last one left for dead. If you manage to pull of a 4% unhook, do you guys think that if you have the perk borrowed time it should affect your character if you unhook yourself? It would counter the facecamping Leatherface’s and give yourself a chance of escape if you are the last one left. Wouldn’t be a common occurence however since it is only a 4% chance.

You were hooked by the killer, who most certainly worked hard, why should the fact that you got a 4%, essentially ruining his work of hooking you, also give you a "free hit" perk? It seems unfair that 4% even exist let alone to add a perk effect to it. I know people will most likely argue that 4% is rare but with how many killer games I use to play I've had way more then feels right. It doesn't make sense that along with DS that can negate all your chase of that person that that same survivor can then potentially save themselves.
    I don't believe 4% should exist but its something we have to deal with anyway.

• MegMain98

@MegMain98 said:

You were hooked by the killer, who most certainly worked hard, why should the fact that you got a 4%, essentially ruining his work of hooking you, also give you a "free hit" perk? It seems unfair that 4% even exist let alone to add a perk effect to it. I know people will most likely argue that 4% is rare but with how many killer games I use to play I've had way more then feels right. It doesn't make sense that along with DS that can negate all your chase of that person that that same survivor can then potentially save themselves.

Seriously? It is a FOUR PERCENT. You HAVE to have some way of survival if your teammates are idiots. Why are you complaining about something that rarely happens in the first place? I was only suggesting for the possibility of insidious killers or Leatherfaces who rev up their chainsaw and face-camp. It’s not a game breaking suggestion. It is super rare to kobe without offerings anyways, it’s infurating to get yourself off the hook and just be knocked back down again.
  • ItsDaEmuDood
    ItsDaEmuDood Member Posts: 192

@MegaWaffle said:

@MegMain98 said:

Yea, Survivors get enough chances. They really don't need more. I'd understand if you had a better shot by making a dedicated Kobe build, but for those who use more meta perks: nah.

• MegaWaffle
    MegaWaffle Member Posts: 4,172

@MegMain98 said:
    MegaWaffle said:

@MegMain98 said:

Seriously? It is a FOUR PERCENT. You HAVE to have some way of survival if your teammates are idiots. Why are you complaining about something that rarely happens in the first place? I was only suggesting for the possibility of insidious killers or Leatherfaces who rev up their chainsaw and face-camp. It’s not a game breaking suggestion. It is super rare to kobe without offerings anyways, it’s infurating to get yourself off the hook and just be knocked back down again.

Don't think you read everything I wrote mate.

• No_Mither_No_Problem
    No_Mither_No_Problem Member Posts: 1,476

@MegaWaffle said:

@MegMain98 said:

Don’t know what kind of luck stacking SWF groups you’ve been killing but in the couple hundred hours I’ve played Killer I’ve literally only ever had one singular person Kobe on me.

• MegMain98

@MegMain98 said:
    MegaWaffle said:

@MegMain98 said:

Don't think you read everything I wrote mate.

You must’ve been against some OP SWF groups with four salty lips. I’ve been playing regularly since March and I think I’ve kobed maybe six times. All I’m saying that if you managed to pull off a 4% then you should be rewarded if the killer happens to patrol/camp you.
  • P3Myers
    P3Myers Member Posts: 58

@MegaWaffle said:

@MegMain98 said:

worked hard lmao. its not hard pressng m1 and chasing a survivor. every killer gets 4 stacks of bbq and hooks survivors every game that doesnt mean he is entitled to the kill yet.

• Runiver
    Runiver Member Posts: 2,095

@darktrix said:

@Runiver said:

Yeah but not many are going to roll with that just to bet on a kobe at the expense of better perks.

The "not many" will be trolling SWF that will keep unhooking themselves over and over and be rewarded for it tho, that's why that's a "no" for me.

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

You are not supposed to kobe when the killer stands in front of you

• MegMain98
    Master said:

Well sometimes you don’t have a choice if he is camping or if your teammates aren’t coming to help you
  • Sin_A_Man_BunZ
    Sin_A_Man_BunZ Member Posts: 11

Honestly, I think having BT activate if you get yourself off a hook isn't a bad idea at all, especially since it only activates if your within the killers terror radius anyway while doing the unhooking. I'm for it, sounds fun.

For those against it, if you honestly think that a single person (or even a full team) is going to run a build of Borrowed Time / Up the Ante / Slippery Meat plus Salty Lips offerings for EVERY MATCH... you're far to negative. That's an entire build each match set up for just ONE chance at possibly getting yourself off a hook and taking an additional hit against a killer. Also, they will probably need to run Self Care in that situation so they can heal to get out of the BT state before falling down.

Sure, people MIGHT run that full build once in a while as a troll or to try it out, but I really don't think anybody would run that full perk build for every single match. I mean they could already run Up the Ante / Slippery Meat and offer Salty Lips for every match RIGHT NOW and get themselves off the hook, but how often do you run across it currently?

However as a killer, you should love that build because then they wouldn't have DS or any exhaustion perks. :-P

• Jack11803
    Jack11803 Member Posts: 3,930

@Sin_A_Man_BunZ said:
    Honestly, I think having BT activate if you get yourself off a hook isn't a bad idea at all, especially since it only activates if your within the killers terror radius anyway while doing the unhooking. I'm for it, sounds fun.

For those against it, if you honestly think that a single person (or even a full team) is going to run a build of Borrowed Time / Up the Ante / Slippery Meat plus Salty Lips offerings for EVERY MATCH... you're far to negative. That's an entire build each match set up for just ONE chance at possibly getting yourself off a hook and taking an additional hit against a killer. Also, they will probably need to run Self Care in that situation so they can heal to get out of the BT state before falling down.

Sure, people MIGHT run that full build once in a while as a troll or to try it out, but I really don't think anybody would run that full perk build for every single match. I mean they could already run Up the Ante / Slippery Meat and offer Salty Lips for every match RIGHT NOW and get themselves off the hook, but how often do you run across it currently?

However as a killer, you should love that build because then they wouldn't have DS or any exhaustion perks. :-P

There’s a hard cap on luck.... it’s near 80%. No team is gonna do this. Unless their all Ace mains with big brains

• Baphomett
    Baphomett Member Posts: 394
    If any survivor wants to give up 3 perk slots for a kobe build, I'm all for it.  I say yes, impliment this.
  • Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

@MegMain98 said:
    Master said:

Well sometimes you don’t have a choice if he is camping or if your teammates aren’t coming to help you

Especially if he is camping, you should not reward him for that playstyle by killing yourself even faster

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095

If you get face camped by Leatherface you´re #########.
    No perk in the world should be able to save you.
    But you can buy your team some time, so they do the gens.