We are investigating an issue in the game that causes strobing/flashing lights, and are focused on fixing it as soon as possible. Some players may be impacted by this issue and experience discomfort from it, so we recommend taking proper precautions.

And until we fix this issue, we recommend that players with photosensitivity, or who have an epileptic condition or have had seizures of any kind consult their physician before playing.

The rush theorem

Options
MysticAdvisor
MysticAdvisor Member Posts: 453

Remember when survivors could sabotage hooks and then they wouldn’t regenerate?

I believe today the game is tied between 2 evils ( gen rushing and the old sabo meta)

You have to trade one for the other.

Since survivors don’t have anything else to do in a trial besides a generator why won’t they gen rush? ( Don’t say bones)

The whole point of this is to point out that survivors can’t rush something if they’re not focused on it.

What if we incentivized sabotage or another objective to help slow games down?

What would you recommend?

The rush theorem 31 votes

Revert sabo changes to permanent but make it take around at least 30-60 seconds to break a hook.
6%
Science_GuySpiderTash 2 votes
Don’t touch this at all, we don’t need the old meta coming back!
38%
BosskodiakyBlueberryTheLegendDyl4n1GrootDudeCarlosyluCreepingcam1070KerbertZackAndCodyJillSandwichLmrmeowskeeenSebaOutbreak 12 votes
Adjust gens in some way ( Explain)
22%
Hail_to_the_KingGibberishWickedMilk03NullSp3cghostface_tryhard69DarootLeafstormTellmewhy1233 7 votes
Your own method/ idea( explain)
9%
NuclearBurritoRIP_LegionSmokeyRetro 3 votes
Adjust sabotage “a little” bit.( explain)
0%
Sabotage needs a rework as a mechanic.
22%
brokedownpalaceJacoby2041ad19970KeezopremiumRICEYung_SlugSinisterDog 7 votes

Comments

• WickedMilk03
    WickedMilk03 Member Posts: 624
    Options

https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/84313/is-this-why-the-devs-are-scared-of-balancing-no-offense-devs-ha#latest

My own idea^ totally not bias.

And after hearing someones badass suggestion, Saboteur should show the progress of damaged hooks based off of the color of their aura within 28 meters.

• Science_Guy
    Science_Guy Member Posts: 1,943
    edited October 2019
    Options
    Revert sabo changes to permanent but make it take around at least 30-60 seconds to break a hook.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: Sabo never should have been nerfed the second time.

• Kerbert
    Kerbert Member Posts: 415
    Options
    Don’t touch this at all, we don’t need the old meta coming back!

I never encounter people Saboing hooks. I don't see it as a problem at all.

• ad19970
    ad19970 Member Posts: 5,895
    Options

I would love if sabotaged hooks didn't get destroyed but just increase the Bleedout timer of survivors that get hooked on those hooks. Right now, if you destroy the hooks, the killer just slugs. You are making it harder for them to do their objective, but you're not helping your team fulfill your objective.

• ghostface_tryhard69
    Options

in my opinion, the optimal way to nerf gens without survivor mains being up in arms would be to add a new side objective. This new objective could be something that is not necessarily required to win the game, but would give survivors a worth while bonus. This could be something like a special gen that, when completed, shaves a couple seconds off the time it takes to open the gates, however it takes longer to repair but it still counts towards one of the five gens that must be done. This example would give survivors one thing to do other than normal gens. The point being that a healthy way to slow gens without actually slowing gen repair speeds is to add an optional objective that motivates survivors to do it for a small, but useful bonus that gives them enough of an advantage to motivate killers to try to defend it but not to hard patrol it. Ultimately, I don’t think another objective will ever be added. however this should make killers and survivors happy with gen speeds, in theory.

• Gibberish
    Gibberish Member Posts: 1,047
    Options

Sabotage is fine as it is, its still very strong, just not many people do it because it requires planning and strategy. Its not just a effortless ez win strategy, so not many do it.

Generators need some kind of rework. Maybe require having the parts of the generator scattered around the map, and require installing them before you can repair the generator.

This both slows down the early game gen rush and makes maps more varied.

What I mean by maps being more varied is that usually Survivors have no reason to search around the map. You just stick to Generators and loops. This results in a large portion of the map being basically unused.

However if you needed to search around the map for generator parts, it would give Survivors more reason to explore usually-ignored portions of the map.

• RIP_Legion
    RIP_Legion Member Posts: 428
    Options

Not my own idea (Farmer John) but it's a good one, why not make dull totems have a gen speed penalty, for every dull totem up it's a certain percent off like Thana. This would make Ruin less of a requirement for weaker killers as it slows the game down at the start. It also gives people a reason to do totems other than "he might have noed".

• NuclearBurrito
    NuclearBurrito Member Posts: 6,807
    edited October 2019
    Options

Rather than trying to slow down survivors, boost Killer power effectiveness up to where they need less time in order to win given optimal or close to optimal Killer play.

Remember the only reason why gens are too fast is their speed relative to chases, if chases can be expected to be faster then the problem is solved even if gens still fly by quickly.

Plus everyone says "pressure gens" and you do that by downing people. So making the worse off Killers better at downing them means more gen pressure means slower gen progress and also faster sacrifices means less gen stall needed to win. Once that's done we can rebalance perks like ruin accordingly.

In general buffs are better than nerfs due to being more exciting.

• Keezo
    Keezo Member Posts: 452
    Options

If BHVR wants emblems/rank to represent how good you are(HAHHAHAHAHHAAaaa), Sabo's existence is flawed. Hold M2 to deny Devout points. Either the way you rank up or Sabo need a complete rework.