Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Why doesnt Iron Grasp counter D-Strike?

Global
Global Member Posts: 770
edited July 2018 in General Discussions

It makes sense instead of making the only good laurie perk useless just make a perk that counters it.

Comments

• Global

Instead of normally getting off they would make iron grasp to were it would just freeze them in place for a few seconds like d-strike will new when it gets nerfed anyway.

• Ihatelife
    Ihatelife Member Posts: 5,069
    edited July 2018

It counter for non-obsessions

Post edited by Ihatelife on
  • Global

@Ihatelife said:
    It counters for non obsessions

I know but im talking about her perk in general its her only good perk and i used to main killer and i got really annoyed by it but it make laurie's perks completely useless.

• MegaWaffle
    MegaWaffle Member Posts: 4,172

@Visionmaker said:
    It kinda does for non-obsessions. Wiggle bar still has to hit 35%, yet is slower and harder to reach.

You absolutely must have someone help you bodyblock unless the killer gets greedy and goes for a far hook.

Agree though. Laurie's perks are getting so crappy.

Iron grasp 3 adds 4 seconds to the wiggle bar, its not a counter.

• Ihatelife
    Ihatelife Member Posts: 5,069

@MegaWaffle said:

@Visionmaker said:
    It kinda does for non-obsessions. Wiggle bar still has to hit 35%, yet is slower and harder to reach.

You absolutely must have someone help you bodyblock unless the killer gets greedy and goes for a far hook.

Hooks are kinda close together so it's pretty good counter, stop complain

• DocOctober
    DocOctober Member Posts: 2,230

That would make Iron Grasp pretty much a mandatory Perk to have as Killer. That is not a solution.

• Global

@DocOctober said:
    That would make Iron Grasp pretty much a mandatory Perk to have as Killer. That is not a solution.

Hex ruin is basically mandatory but people still use and dont complain about how mandatory it is. I dont think iron grasp which is a fairly common perk would be to bad.

• DocOctober
    edited July 2018

@Global said:

@DocOctober said:

Hex ruin is basically mandatory but people still use and dont complain about how mandatory it is. I dont think iron grasp which is a fairly common perk would be to bad.

Hex Ruin is not mandatory. I don't use it and I'm doing mostly fine since I tend to play Killers that have map pressure capabilities.

And even it isn't a fix/solution to the problem of gen-rushing, it gets destroyed within 30 seconds way too often.

• Global

@DocOctober said:

@Global said:

@DocOctober said:

Hex Ruin is not mandatory. I don't use it and I'm doing mostly fine since I tend to play Killers that have map pressure capabilities.

And even it isn't a fix/solution to the problem of gen-rushing, it gets destroyed within 30 seconds way too often.

if you are doing just fine without a DS nerf then does it really need a nerf at all?

• DocOctober
    Global said:

@DocOctober said:

@Global said:

@DocOctober said:

if you are doing just fine without a DS nerf then does it really need a nerf at all?

I didn't say that at all. DS needs to be nerfed, that's out of the question.
  • MegaWaffle

@Ihatelife said:

@MegaWaffle said:

@Visionmaker said:

Hooks are kinda close together so it's pretty good counter, stop complain

Didn't complain, stated a fact.

• MegaWaffle

@Global said:

@DocOctober said:

People do "complain" about it. Have you not heard/read any post/video about gen speeds?

• Baphomett
    Baphomett Member Posts: 394
    Global said:

@DocOctober said:

Where is this magical land where no one complains about it and what kind of drugs do I have to take to get there?
  • Mechkiller3425
    Mechkiller3425 Member Posts: 55
    Ruin is semi-mandatory for weaker skilled Killers,or for killers who are trying to hit high rank, because of how strong survivors are at the high tiers without ruin youre most likely going to go through 5 minutes over and over, but with ruin as long as they look for the Totem you can make a 5 minute match last as long as a rank 20 match
  • DocOctober

But there's already a perk that semi-counters it. It's called Enduring.

Don't come at me with the argument of "Oh, why would I waste my perk slot just to fight off 1 surv perk?". You know what? Enduring works on pallets too, something killers fear.

That's not a counter, please look up the definition if the word.

A reduced stun time changes nothing about the fact that the Survivor is back on their feet and you have to catch them again.

There are so many loop spots that even the reduced stun gives them enough time to reach one.
  • Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,590
    Anyone that thinks enduring is actually a “counter” to DS clearly doesn’t play killer anywhere near rank 1. 
  • SovererignKing
    SovererignKing Member Posts: 1,273
    Blueberry said:
    Anyone that thinks enduring is actually a “counter” to DS clearly doesn’t play killer anywhere near rank 1. 
    It’s a Soft Counter. Lessens the blow, but so little effect that it’s more or less pointless. DS needs a Hard Counter. Something that negates it outright. So far, Killers only have Soft Counters. The only thing I’ve found that is a powerful Soft Counter is Enduring on Clown with Flask Of Bleach add on. The DS user gets 3 meters, if that and down. 

I dont really consider Dribbling a Counter, as DS is not used, and doesn’t even come into play (technically, you’re just delaying its use, not countering its use.) 
  • White_Owl
    White_Owl Member Posts: 3,786

Balancing a perk by giving a counter in the form of another perk is bad design because all it does is to promote a strict meta. The nerf should be global and accessible to everyone, not only the ones that don't care about perk variety.

• White_Owl

@Hillbilly420 said:

@White_Owl said:
    Balancing a perk by giving a counter in the form of another perk is bad design because all it does is to promote a strict meta. The nerf should be global and accessible to everyone, not only the ones that don't care about perk variety.

But they already did that by adding Hangman's Trick that hard counters Saboteur.

Well, before Hagman's Trick they already nerfed sabo with the regenerating hooks which is a global nerf. HT just enhances the mechanic. It would have been different if they introduced the perk at the time when hooks could be sabotaged for good.

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200
    Global said:

It makes sense instead of making the only good laurie perk useless just make a perk that counters it.

It doesn't make sense because it would become a gamble. And in my opinion the game is already way too rng dependend
  • Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,590
    We don’t want to “fix” problems by adding counter perks, we should fix the actual problem itself. Doing otherwise just forces everyone to run the counter perks and that’s not fun either. People shouldn’t feel required to use certain perks.
  • White_Owl

@Hillbilly420 said:

@White_Owl said:

@Hillbilly420 said:

@White_Owl said:

But they already did that by adding Hangman's Trick that hard counters Saboteur.

Well, before Hagman's Trick they already nerfed sabo with the regenerating hooks which is a global nerf. HT just enhances the mechanic. It would have been different if they introduced the perk at the time when hooks could be sabotaged for good.

"Oh wow, what a travesty! They made it so it takes 2 minutes for a hook to come back! What an epic nerf to Saboteur!" Said fecking no one. 2 minutes in this game is a god damn eternity.

I guess you weren't there in the dark "sabo meta" times.