We are investigating an issue around players not receiving their Grade Rewards today, we will give more information as it becomes available. Apologies for the inconvenience.

What do you think should happen to Ebony memento moris?

Options
Carlosylu
Carlosylu Member Posts: 2,948

What do you think should happen to Ebony memento moris? 146 votes

Nothing, they're fine as they are
32%
darthtimsterSupernautdragobvAdelookodiakyMister_xDBlueberryFrenziedRoachkatoptrisDaddyTrappersGirlShugori0h_DoctorKarltastiskInexcusable93A0603JayjayxllANDRESllxRainbowPatooieKenshinChaosMaster130 48 votes
Mori works after 2nd hook, not 1st
33%
DustinMc_HartyPandomFibijeanIhatelifeSpartagone45Stormhaven13BigWeeWeearslaNbrokedownpalaceRamxenoc445TinyKittenIncurable_BOFAgrtf47GrandkuramaBunnyTheHuttad19970hiCMert_MKAzurlynx 49 votes
Mori works at the end game only, regardless of number of hooks
4%
LethalPugydont_ask_me_againAshleyWBDoofy_GVagedbd_noobJillSandwichL 7 votes
Mori works at the end game only, after 1st hook (untouched survivors get a free pass)
3%
MewGodNappremiumRICETruffleTurtleMrTbagFace 5 votes
Take them out of the game
10%
GibberishzacmangamingPolarBearInnCognitomichaelrandom27TheGorgonmalloymkPandiferhumanbeing1704oTechnicliarcydanut1311ToxicboiiZackAndCody[Deleted User]Nyxis_Fier 16 votes
Other idea (comment)
14%
White_OwlArk_the_BonsaiVolantConch1719indieeden7JasonTrent1297blue4zionTheRockstarKnightTAGPrincessPoopxEaKarl_ChildersHailohliquidlightKsoniAhoyWolfMookywolfjustarandyruler33BleedissSebaOutbreak 21 votes

Comments

• Carlosylu
    Options

This is actually a good idea dude, have my upvote

• Carlosylu
    Options

@Mookywolf That's the second option of the poll, "works after 2nd hook", lol

• Mookywolf
    Mookywolf Member Posts: 907
    Options
    Other idea (comment)

i know, but i wanted to add more to it

• ruler33
    ruler33 Member Posts: 244
    Options
    Other idea (comment)

Honestly this is a really good idea this would keep the mori's in a position of worry but remove the urge to tunnel and solo focus survivors and the problem of getting zero bp while playing surv is removed and it give surv a chance to do something. Great idea

• AshleyWB
    AshleyWB Member Posts: 4,061
    Options

Moris kill the game. How about kill the game with Moris after the final gen is complete or on the start of the end game collapse.

Make secret offerings not appear so no-one will ever know if you could have brought a Mori into a match.

• AshleyWB
    AshleyWB Member Posts: 4,061
    Options

@Maggy_Fyers I genuinely like the idea of a time constraint on an ebony Mori. If people are likely to DC I think it would be funny and really quite interesting for the entity to block the 'Leave Match' button.

• Unicorn
    Unicorn Member Posts: 2,340
    Options

What he/she said. Mori's push tunneling to a whole other level.

• TAG
    TAG Member Posts: 12,871
    Options
    Other idea (comment)

1) Remove all the current Mori offerings.

2) Make the uncommon Bloodpoint offerings (except Hollow Shell and Survivor Pudding) give the Killer the ability to Mori one Survivor who has been hooked two times.

3) Make the rare Bloodpoint offerings (except Bloody Party Streamers) give the Killer the ability to Mori any Survivor who has been hooked two times.

• Jayjay
    Jayjay Member Posts: 16
    Options

Idk how many ebony moris u guys run into but i see maybe one every week as it stands now and i play every day.

• Nameless
    Nameless Member Posts: 859
    Options

Ngl, this is a pretty neat idea and these mories could still be worked around by a well organized team.

• MisterCremaster
    MisterCremaster Member Posts: 614
    Options

Not a fan of Mori after the 2nd hook unless they remove the animation. In my typical game play, if I'm on the 3rd hook its major end game time, and I don't have time for that animation. Let me just snap their neck, and keep running for the next guy. That turns the mori basically into an end game play that avoids having to slug or carry people to the hook when time is of the essence.

• lynelmane
    lynelmane Member Posts: 549
    Options

I play every day and I don't face Mori's that often, and I've played in every rank in the past 2 months.

I'm red ranks now and I don't see them any more or less than before. I just accept my fate and do my best. Yes they are annoying, but they aren't happening every single round.

I am an immersed player so maybe I have better luck staying alive than most?

• BenZ0
    BenZ0 Member Posts: 4,125
    Options

They are ultra rares and you dont see alot of them, I dont see a reason for a change.

• Carlosylu
    edited October 2019
    Options

@lynelmane @BenZ0 I don't know about everyone else, but the reason I made this post is on the killer's side. I'm a killer main, red ranks, the problem here is that I like moris for the animation, that's it, and I'd love to see the Ebony reworked cause of the DCers, you have no idea (ok, maybe you do) how many times I've saved up to 10+ ebonys and everybody DC as soon as I do the first kill... I don't get moris "too many times" as survivor, but when I use them as a killer the DC is just something that makes me angry.

I want them reworked just to lower the DC rates of survivors whenever I use an Ebony. This is why I created the post, not cause I believe Ebonys are OP or I dislike them, but because I want survivors to learn "to take a hit" every now and then

• lynelmane
    Options

Yeah, survivors need to chill out and accept it.

• Carlosylu
    Options

Yes they do, but we both know it's not gonna happen, so I preffer the Ebony to be reworked to lower the DC rates for me to be able to have a full game without any DC crying babies

• PrincessPoop
    PrincessPoop Member Posts: 919
    Options
    Other idea (comment)

Same idea as randy. Moris are bad right now because they promote killers who camp and tunnel and are too easy to activate. This change would force killers to actually have to play the game and not just get easy wins.

• lynelmane
    Options

I only use a mori if there's a streamer in my lobby. Sometimes I bring one if I feel like being mean. otherwise, I only use them for dailies.

• Boosted_Dwight
    Boosted_Dwight Member Posts: 3,047
    Options

That's a thumbs up from me 👍

• MegaWaffle
    MegaWaffle Member Posts: 4,172
    Options

I honestly don't care what happens to Moris on a personal level because I just don't use them. I'm not a fan of the fact that they completely skip a large portion of the game (Ebony specifically). While I'm fine with the Ivory and the yellow one no one uses, I'll use them only as my daily rituals require.

• Gibberish
    Gibberish Member Posts: 1,050
    Options

Take both Moris and Keys out of the game.

• VolantConch1719
    VolantConch1719 Member Posts: 1,150
    Options
    Other idea (comment)

I was originally going to vote for 2 hook, but I like justarandy's idea far better.

• Ark_the_Bonsai
    Ark_the_Bonsai Member Posts: 867
    Options
    Other idea (comment)

Mori potential is tied to gen progress. One mori per gen completed and the mori is only available to a previously hooked survivor.

It's still incredibly strong but if you want that 4k mori you have to let them complete 4 gens

Hell, maybe make it so that it's the above idea but survs also only have to complete 4 gens for that match if you bring an ebony.

My biggest problem with Moris isn't the fact that you can kill people but that they're stronger than Devour Hope which is a destructible perk that you have to work to get the mori ability on. An offering should never ever be stronger than a Hex: Perk

• SebaOutbreak
    SebaOutbreak Member Posts: 399
    Options
    Other idea (comment)

Having the power to kill every single survivor in a match is something the game should have, but with a little more balance.

My idea: You can mori as much survivors as gens have been completed, and of course with at least one hook. So, if 1 gen finished = 1 mori available, 2 gens - 2 moris... you get the idea. That's the best I can think of right now, sorry if it seems dumb haha.

I had another idea of a 120 seconds cooldown between moris, but I dunno, didn't seem to change much. So I stick with my first idea.

• Adeloo
    Adeloo Member Posts: 1,448
    Options

you know after the second hook you are already dead so if any changes should be done is that there is no more mori offering but you can mori after second hook for free.

• JasonTrent1297
    JasonTrent1297 Member Posts: 34
    Options
    Other idea (comment)

Ebony memento mori's should activate after everyone has been hooked once (with the exception of disconnected survivors).

• Bleediss
    Bleediss Member Posts: 129
    Options
    Other idea (comment)

Make it work after everyone has been hooked once or make it work for a maximum of 2 survivors.

1st option would prevent stuff like tunneling and work well with the many killer players who like to run BBQ.

2nd option would still make the offering very strong, just not nearly as broken.

• BunnyTheHutt
    BunnyTheHutt Member Posts: 1,773
    Options

Second hook, that way it's not so oppressing like it is now, and hopefully would reduce the dc count with it.

• BloodyBunny
    BloodyBunny Member Posts: 114
    Options

That is actually a good idea most of the ideas people have for nerfing ebony moris is removing them entirely or making them useless but if you could work fine

• Micheal_Myers
    Micheal_Myers Member Posts: 1,147
    Options

They are fine, and are 85% Avoidable.

You can loop a killer who has a Mori and get away just fine.

-shrugs- plus it does take more skill than Insta-Heals...

• Raven014
    Raven014 Member Posts: 4,188
    Options

I'd rather see hex perks get a buff than see the only "Killer have fun" option be nerfed into the ground.

• Ark_the_Bonsai
    Ark_the_Bonsai Member Posts: 867
    Options
    Other idea (comment)

The only "killer have fun" option? That's the only way that a killer can have fun? Really? By cutting their objective down by a third?

And you're right, it shouldn't be nerfed into the ground and some hexes should be buffed. But Devour Hope is one of the most well balanced Hexes in the game. It's a Hex that's incredibly powerful if used correctly, takes some work to accomplish (IE, doesn't hand you a win on a platter), and has counterplay.

Most other Hex: Perks do nothing for you and can be destroyed, wasting a slot but Devour is definitely not in the category of bad perks. If you're bad with Devour, it's definitely not the perk's fault.

Mori's should remain strong but they should be as strong as other iridescent items. As strong as BNPs, the new (and improved) styptics, the rainbow map, the skeleton key.

All of those are strong without being a free win for someone with a brain cell (except for the key, the key takes no thought and deserves some slight changes just like moris do)

Presently an Ebony cuts all survivor lives down by a third, if you're only looking at health states. That means that survivor play time is cut down by one third overall. Killers can't have fun if gens pop at the speed of light. Survivors can't have fun if the amount of time the game is balanced around for them to play gets a giant chunk of it removed with no counterplay at all.

For a better example, lets imagine survivors had an offering that cut the gens down to 4 and one gen started slightly above 50% completed and couldn't be kicked down below that amount. That is the equivalent of a mori. 1.66~ gens is a third of your time stripped from you with no say in the matter.

So yes, they shouldn't be nerfed into the ground but they definitely shouldn't be as strong as they are. Especially given we haven't even talked about the extra time lost by the fact that mori animations are faster than sacrifice animations and don't require the killer to risk a decive, flashlight save, etc or waste time carrying the survivor anywhere else, giving the killer significantly more down time than they'd normally have.

Killers who think that moris are perfectly fine as is, are no different than survivors who thought that the old BNP was okay.

• MrsGhostface
    MrsGhostface Member Posts: 987
    Options

I’d say they’re fine if some killers didn’t Mori someone instantly after their first hook

• Raven014
    Options

It's the only offering that lets a killer relax in a game instead of tryharding with the meta build to stand a chance.

A game can go where a mori is wasted. The same cannot be said for some of the tools that survivors have access to.

My perspective is more about that the item itself shouldn't have limitations because scummy people use it that way. People will turn and say: "What about instaheals?" Well, they needed to be nerfed because there was no counterplay to them. Moris can be used, but it's not a guaranteed win. Sure, the game is shifted heavily to killer, but survivors can still use stealth, outrun and lose the killer: and still win. They require wasting killer time, they punish them by making certain great perks less useful, give less BPs, and the best a killer can do if they mori off first hook is just a black pip. It doesn't reward killers the same way perks like DS/BT can for making poor choices. If you mori at the wrong time, then survivors will absolutely punish you for it.

Survivors can easily find another game too, so it's not like they lose as much time loading or anything like when a SWF ruins the game of a killer.

That's why I advised Hexes be buffed before giving killers another nerf. Because Hex perks have the potential to be strong, but as of right now there is no downside to cleansing them (unless it's H:HG, but I don't see that often).

You're also comparing a one time offering to survivor items which can be used in multiple games if used correctly.

No, not really. A mori is about skill, where gens require way less skill to fix.

The only real argument I see against moris are against players who use them as 1 hook moris, which are just... boring. There's less skill involved playing that way with a mori, but I wouldn't force people to play a certain way.

Let's face it, survivors can absolutely ruin a killer's game more easily than a killer ruin a survivor's game.

• humanbeing1704
    humanbeing1704 Member Posts: 8,734
    Options

should be completely removed from the game

• xEa
    xEa Member Posts: 4,105
    Options
    Other idea (comment)

Someone here had a good suggestion: Moris only work after every Survivor was hooked one time.

• Dr_Loomis
    Dr_Loomis Member Posts: 3,703
    Options

I'm open for the second hook idea.

But if it became implemented, the Blood On Your Face trophy just got a whole lot trickier.

• Hailoh
    Hailoh Member Posts: 83
    Options
    Other idea (comment)

Here's my thought process on moris:

Make the Ebony act like the Ivory.

Remove the Ivory.

Keep Cypress the same, but make it common.

• White_Owl
    White_Owl Member Posts: 3,785
    Options
    Other idea (comment)

Personally I like the idea of tying the mori to the amount of hooks or gens, but I'm not sure on which one.

In 3 years I have never seen a killer with an Ebony Mori being relaxed. They all use them with their most powerful builds available.

• Raven014
    Options

Well, I see it as an offering to let me use bad builds for a change, but a lot of people take their cues from monto's toxic vids.

• Carlosylu
    Options

Yes, the urge to kill is amazing, lol