We are investigating an issue around players not receiving their Grade Rewards today, we will give more information as it becomes available. Apologies for the inconvenience.

Killer tactics

Options
Knuckles
Knuckles Member Posts: 218

Survivors complain about "abusive" killer methods towards a 4k. As a survivor, which one is the most annoying to deal with?

Killer tactics 35 votes

Camping the hook
34%
FibijeanAcesthetiicJasonTrent1297ad19970HailohRIP_Legionpalletsryummyjasonq500DicklayciaandyollollollSebaOutbreakSinisterDog 12 votes
Tunneling
37%
StevoBlueberryJetTheWaffleCatKnucklesGrootDudeJoao_BandicootAngryFluffyNullSp3cAhoyWolfCarlosyluYung_SlugZackAndCodymrmeowskeeen 13 votes
Slugging
8%
BossKralleDarootLeafstorm 3 votes
Overpowered add-ons
20%
White_OwlbrokedownpalacewhammigobambamBoosted_DwightMysticAdvisoroTechnicghostface_tryhard69 7 votes
Hex ruin
0%

Comments

• MysticAdvisor
    MysticAdvisor Member Posts: 453
    Options
    Overpowered add-ons

Sorry accidentally clicked, the most annoying is either being face camped the whole match or being tunneled to death.

• Yung_Slug
    Yung_Slug Member Posts: 2,238
    Options
    Tunneling

Getting tunneled gives me the big sad. Except when I run them for 5 gens :P

• Awakey
    Awakey Member Posts: 3,145
    Options

None.

Because those are all legit.

• RIP_Legion
    RIP_Legion Member Posts: 428
    Options
    Camping the hook

Face Camping from the start when the killer is in a really good spot (very early, no gens/ruin still up).

• GrootDude
    GrootDude Member Posts: 14,110
    Options
    Tunneling

Tunneling and getting hit through pallets are the only things that frustrate me in this game, tunneling is legit though.

• Stevo
    Stevo Member Posts: 121
    edited October 2019
    Options
    Tunneling

I wish I could select two here to be honest. Slugging and Tunneling are both lame and boring for the survivor targeted, but all of the things listed are still valid tactics, all of which can be punished.

Camping = do gens

Tunneling = use DS to either get off shoulder or stall for a minute

Slugging = use No Mither and / or Unbreakable.

Hex Ruin = destroy the totem or just hit great skill checks. This one I find amusing when people complain about it, since it’s usually because they either aren’t good enough at skill checks or they can’t be bothered to find the totem. Not even the killer’s problem tbh.

Addons are an iffy one. Prayer Beads are BS, I’ll give you that, though I’ve never had a huge problem with a killer using OP addons. Sure, it may sway the game in their favour, but that’s kind of the point. They’re meant to make it harder for survivors or at the very least give a different experience to the norm. With instaheals being nerfed, I imagine the outcry to get some killer addons nerfed will be about as bad as when BNP got nerfed to oblivion, I’ve seen that one thread where the comparison of One Hit Downs to instaheals was made (lol) and I wouldn’t be surprised if something dumb came from it. Anyways, back on topic, a lot of addons are usually identifiable and play styles usually can be adjusted to suit it without too much difficulty.

TL;DR - Slugging and Tunneling are lame for the person targeted but all of the above are perfectly legal and can be punished in some way or another.

• Dr_Trauts
    Dr_Trauts Member Posts: 704
    Options

These are all legit means for the killers to get kills

• Fibijean
    Fibijean Member Posts: 8,342
    Options
    Camping the hook

All the others are fair game imo, but camping is just no fun for anyone. Frustrating for survivors, boring for killer, and no one gets to have fun actually playing the game.