We are investigating an issue around players not receiving their Grade Rewards today, we will give more information as it becomes available. Apologies for the inconvenience.

Power Cosmetics?

Options
Ark_the_Bonsai
Ark_the_Bonsai Member Posts: 867

Would you guys support power cosmetics?

List of things that could be affected:

• Billy and Bubba's chainsaws,
  • Wraith's bell,
  • Clown bottle and the gas it creates,
  • Huntress hatchets,
  • Nurse's fairy lights,
  • Trapper's traps,
  • Pig's, traps,
  • Doctor's lightning
  • Plague vomit
  • Krueger Pools (or maybe just the clocks since he has that pallet addon)
  • Demo Portals

List of things that would need looking into to be affected

• Spirit Phase
  • Legion Frenzy
  • Stalking
  • Hag traps

Power Cosmetics? 26 votes

Yes, absolutely
53%
myers_obsessionFibijeanBlueberrykatoptrisYamiTheFurrybeatddbChubsterTheGameZpro3rd_dexSpooky13premiumRICEDr_LoomisthekateMookywolf 14 votes
Yes, if they can find something for everyone
23%
BossArk_the_BonsaiAzurlynxRaven014ghostface_tryhard69Quol 6 votes
I'm neutral and could care less one way or the other
3%
Mc_Harty 1 vote
No for now but I could be convinced
3%
LethalPugy 1 vote
No. No. No.
15%
AcesthetiicHellCatJaneNightmareRebornKikki 4 votes

Comments

• Ark_the_Bonsai
    Options

I'll go first.

I'd love this (part of why I made the poll) I'd just want them to find a way to do it for the stalky bois, Legion, Spirit, and Hag

Also, I feel these could either be their own cosmetics or they could be attached to the weapon cosmetic, making it so that if you get, say, a new clown knife you also get a bottle and a gas color for it.

IE: Hallowed Blight Knife could = Ooze bottle with yellow gas

Of course I wouldn't mind a completely separate cosmetic for powers though. That'd just be harder

• beatddb
    beatddb Member Posts: 565
    Options
    Yes, absolutely

Other thing they could add is another customization slot for every killer power, maybe unlockable at prestige 4?

• Raven014
    Raven014 Member Posts: 4,188
    edited October 2019
    Options

I like the idea, since charms are added, I think there could be ways to customize that. However, you risk making the game too complicated, because with powers like Plague, which need a color difference to be obvious to survivors what type of vomit she has, being able to change her vomit to orange or black would not help survivors understand the situation and cause more confusion in the long run.

With things like huntress hatchets, they could make the design of the hatchet based off of Addons, since Iridescent head is described to look a certain way, etc.

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,613
    Options

It's probably gonna be pretty hard to do with Shape.

Not just cause he has nothing visually, but it took this long to finally get some more cosmetics for the guy, which is still movie-related.

• Ark_the_Bonsai
    Options

I'll be honest, I didn't even really think about the plague vomit... Hm... They could follow a rule of the "infectious" vom being bright colors only and make it so that the vile vom is always the deep red no matter what. But yeah, they'd have to be extremely careful there

And yeah, his power and his license are tough to work with

On an upside, I've thought of a potential "cosmetic" for the other stalky boy. The cloud of darkness that sucks inside of him when he Shrouds and explodes when he leaves shroud could have it's effect customized... Maybe. That might not be appealing enough for people to get it though