We are investigating an issue around players not receiving their Grade Rewards today, we will give more information as it becomes available. Apologies for the inconvenience.

If you are solo survivor, are swfs irritating?

Options
whammigobambam
whammigobambam Member Posts: 1,201
edited September 2023 in Polls

I find in most of my solo queues, at rank one in particular, that swf teams have hidden agendas that usually come to light as you are dying. Like hatch escapes or farming. I find alot of the time in farming situations the killer is even in on it. A total disregard is given to me at times because I am not in their swf group.

If you are solo survivor, are swfs irritating? 38 votes

Swf queues should be separated from solo queues.
18%
GibberishBlueberryBunnyTheHuttKnucklesNickeleyeSinisterDogGozuthelivingdead 7 votes
Solo survivors should be given knowledge about swf teams.
18%
AdelooAshleyWBcamgaming_dbdTodgeweihtmrmeowskeeenSebaOutbreakChiky 7 votes
Solo survivors should be given the same info that swf are able to have.
44%
Mc_HartyArk_the_BonsaiIhatelifebrokedownpalaceRieSpiderTashCaptain_SpauldingReconeticad19970whammigobambamMysticAdvisorAhoyWolfYung_SlugDarootLeafstormIcewhisper[Deleted User]antag0nisticw0mble 17 votes
Everything is fine. Leave it as it is.
10%
ElkGrootDudeanonymous31337Veckman 4 votes
Other.
7%
BosspremiumRICEsurv43 3 votes
Post edited by EQWashu on

Comments

• Captain_Spaulding
    Captain_Spaulding Member Posts: 587
    Options

As a strict solo player, I just want to have the same information they have because they can communicate. I'm not saying I want to be able to know where killer is at all times, but built in kindred and MAYBE have a totem counter tied to small game would be a great start. Other than that, if I'm in a SWF group and I know it, I'm not very altruistic towards them because I know it'll be the same for me.

• Yung_Slug
    Yung_Slug Member Posts: 2,238
    Options

We need some better ways of getting information to solos. I don't think Kindred should be base, but the team's perks and item add-ons should be visible in the lobby. And all survivors should have smaller versions of the obsession claws around their icons so you would know when someone is being chased.

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,613
    Options
    Other.

I honestly don't really care as a solo-only guy.

I'm fine with how it is now, but if they want to properly get solos closer to the SWF level, go right ahead.

• whammigobambam
    Options

Knowing every survivors build pre match would be great. Everyone can at least have an idea of if there is a good runner in the group. And if not prepare yourself for that role. It is the rarest of roles, by far

• premiumRICE
    premiumRICE Member Posts: 798
    Options
    Other.

i hate it. They just play their own game.

no fun allowed.

that aside I don’t think any of the solutions you suggested would work

• whammigobambam
    Options

What do you think would work?

• HellCatJane
    HellCatJane Member Posts: 698
    Options

I don't get the difference between 2 and 3. Because not all SWF members actually have "bond" or are telling each other everything. Not all use comms either. So, I am not entirely sure what information you mean, unless that ?

I would like to know as a solo survivor if my teammates are SWF or not. And I think killer should be able to find out after the match as well.

This reminded me, there have been a few times I've been sandbagged etc by a SWF team while playing. It is rare, but frustrating. One was a streamer and I heard how they were talking about me (I watched it afterwards because of all the sandbag stuff)... At the end they didn't want to save me from a hook, and did the unhook "spam" until one of them felt bad for me and just saved me.... thankfully.. (his teammates yelled at him for it too...). sigh

• whammigobambam
    Options

2 is just knowing if there is a swf team pre match.

3 is knowing if there is a chase. Knowing if someone spotted ruin. Knowing if someone is going for a save. If there is a key in play. If the hatch has been found.

Sorry for the confusion. Wish you could edit poll options sometimes.

• HellCatJane
    HellCatJane Member Posts: 698
    Options

Ah. Thanks. No worries.

Hm. Well I think 2 is fine for sure. 3. Idk about. Every team would then essentially become a 4 man team, even if its only just 2 actual swf members. I'd have to think on that a bit.

• whammigobambam
    edited October 2019
    Options

You're welcome. I realize that 3 is alot to ask but I'm OK with just a smidgen of what swf teams are able to accomplish as a solo player who gets the short end of the stick in some scenarios. I play with a friend now and again and it is really a big difference the info you can and cannot relay to one another.

• Elk
    Elk Member Posts: 2,267
    Options
    Everything is fine. Leave it as it is.

It does suck that you may get a team of swf that don't help, farm you, the killer goes for you and leaves them, sacrifice you, let you die on first hook and whatever else. However, it doesn't happen often enough where, i hate them. I even had great swf where they helped me and saved me!

• Gibberish
    Gibberish Member Posts: 1,050
    Options

Absolutley. As long as the game has SWF as part of the queue, it will never be balanced unless they redesign the whole game from the ground up.

SWF should be removed from the main ranked queue, and KYF should be massively expanded and improved.

• Todgeweiht
    Todgeweiht Member Posts: 3,666
    Options
    Solo survivors should be given knowledge about swf teams.

As a solo player, i absolutely abhor SWF, specially 3-man, they usually dont do anything to help you.

• BunnyTheHutt
    BunnyTheHutt Member Posts: 1,773
    Options

Built in kindred would be a bad idea, since it can be run well already, and having it in base could completely ruin the balance of the game. Personally, I say seperate SWF and solo que's. That way information is always fair between the two, and the killer knows if it's SWF or not.

This discussion has been closed.