We are investigating an issue around players not receiving their Grade Rewards today, we will give more information as it becomes available. Apologies for the inconvenience.

Nurse change (SURVIVOR PERSPECTIVE)

Options
justarandy
justarandy Member Posts: 1,711

Disclaimer: this poll is only from a survivors perspective. If you want to vote from a killer perspective please go to this poll link

Nurse change (SURVIVOR PERSPECTIVE) 65 votes

I like her addon change but basekit change is to much
46%
Ark_the_BonsaiGibberishPhantomMask20763popolesValkyriaepicassassinCrazewtboyNoFaceDr_TrautsSpeshul_Kittense05239BunnyTheHuttCashelP14TragicSolitudeNurseMainBTWCrowFoxymusstang62kermit_snacc_chokeMysticAdvisorLentoro 30 votes
I like her basekit change but not her addons
6%
ChrisFuFuuSkeletalElitePennosuke[Deleted User] 4 votes
I like the new addons and new basekit
23%
Mc_HartyJEWberryFibijeanJetTheWaffleCatACEvHEARTSbrokedownpalaceRamxenoc445SblitcherRainbowPatooiead19970Leonardo1itathen4321MrPenguinKeelahnickofford 15 votes
I don't like her addons nor her new basekit
10%
OnryosTapeRentalsOmegaXIIxEaMarksmanSpecalDr_LoomisNekooasdw 7 votes
I don't care
13%
BossSpartagone45AshleyWBElkNuclearBurritoKsoniDecember_1863humanbeing1704Todgeweiht 9 votes

Comments

• justarandy
    Options

For some reason I can't create another poll. I will create a poll from killer perspective asap.

• humanbeing1704
    humanbeing1704 Member Posts: 8,734
    Options
    I don't care

I dont care because I'm on console

• Nekoo
    Nekoo Member Posts: 133
    Options

Even from a survivor POV, her add-ons are just stupid.

Especially the "ultra rare",

3 blink but can't go through solid object? With her movement speed being 95?

oh boy I can loop her forever.

And the basekit require charge time?

if nurse miss her first attack, it take 4 blink to catch up someone RUNNING STRAIGHT LINE, tru3talent tested it.

not to mention her ability to patrol gens is fked

• coppersly
    coppersly Member Posts: 2,318
    Options

You bring up good points. Overly punishing is an apt description for this "slight" change.

• NuclearBurrito
    NuclearBurrito Member Posts: 6,807
    Options
    I don't care

It's hard to notice a difference. I didn't play against many omega Nurses and basekit is still pretty similar to run from.

Yeah I could probably notice the differences if I tried, but if I'm not looking for them I wouldn't be able to tell.

• Yung_Slug
    Yung_Slug Member Posts: 2,238
    Options

I was fine with Nurse being the undeniable best killer in the game, mainly due to the amount of skill it takes to play her and the fact that she comes free with the game.

She was one of my favorite killers to go against (idk how it is now, since I have yet to get a nurse game as survivor in the PTB). Even against a 5-blink nurse or a slugging omegablink nurse I managed to have some fun.

Obviously, her add-ons were a bit much. Strong killers don't need strong add-ons. I personally like the new add-ons. They are interesting and can be used for unique builds. Her base power, however, was perfectly fine imo.

• Ramxenoc445
    Ramxenoc445 Member Posts: 1,359
    Options

it doesnt take a ton of skill. You blink twice and you are now on their butt and you hit them. Being slow does almost nothing when you can close the gap by so much especially with addons. She easily 4ks with typically used perks. Now she'll take a bit more thinking and knowledge and skill since you cant just spam blinks till you get an easy hit

• justarandy
    Options

Either you are a bad survivor or you versed bad survivors.

• Todgeweiht
    Todgeweiht Member Posts: 3,666
    Options
    I don't care

Well, this, you rarely see nurses on console.

But dont get me wrong, when i encounter one especially at higher ranks i get utterly obliterated, nurses on console are surprisingly good despite the stereotype.

• TragicSolitude
    TragicSolitude Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 6,685
    Options

As a survivor on PS4, I almost never see Nurses. It's disappointing, since they provide a completely different experience than other killers.

After this change, I'll probably see even fewer. That really sucks.

• Ramxenoc445
    Options

im not the best survivor but im rank 3-4 and i havent gotten very high on killer yet im at 6 or 7

• Yung_Slug
    Yung_Slug Member Posts: 2,238
    Options

Have you actually tried playing nurse? That's like saying "Bubba doesn't take skill, just chainsaw them and they go down."

• Ramxenoc445
    Options

yeah i've played her and she doesnt take much skill i came from ps4 to pc and was able to 4k here. Its not hard. Bubba is hard and i hate playing him though

• RainbowPatooie
    RainbowPatooie Member Posts: 322
    Options

It's nice having a chance.

• BunnyTheHutt
    BunnyTheHutt Member Posts: 1,773
    Options

Her basekit is just horrible too both play and fight. Counterplay has been turned into "walk in a straight line" like old Legion. Nurse never deserved these nerfs, and its sad too see the queen fall.

• then4321
    then4321 Member Posts: 234
    Options

Killers that main Nurse can do well with no addons anyways, they aren't complaining.

True survivor mains aren't moaning about it, because the changes aren't that drastic. Also, whose ever heard a survivor main complain about a nerf.... 'oh no! I wish old Legion was back...' pfff

The only people that are gonna b*tch about it are those who play her occasionally because she has the best map pressure out of any killer.

It's not an overhaul or overnerf, she's still flying around, get over it.

• Raven014
    Raven014 Member Posts: 4,188
    Options

Um... you should care because these changes will be effecting console nurse as well. I'm glad I got the Nurse achievements before these changes.

• humanbeing1704
    Options
    I don't care

Why should I care it's a killer I only play for dailys

• Raven014
    Options

Just watch this... I can tell you don't play killer much.

The New Nurse absolutely needs to use addons to do well, since that recharge time just is not nessisary. Everyone complained about OmegaBlink, not base nurse. These changes will kill her off on console at least.

Basekit nurse had counterplay: Stealth (which survivors don't like to do) or juking (which many weren't good with). I actually learnt to master both, and helped make nurse easier to counter.

• se05239
    se05239 Member Posts: 3,919
    Options

New add-ons are fine. They needed change but the changes to her base-kit was unwarranted.

• Raven014
    Options

Nurse was one of the top tier killers in the game. Being good with Nurse allowed you to actually do well with killer without needing ruin...

...but you're unconcerned anyway. It means you'll play against her less, you won't be able to get her achievements as easily, and ultimately, you'll have less experiences against her. Making you weaker as a survivor.

• humanbeing1704
    Options
    I don't care

bold of you to assume I care about achievements

• Raven014
    Options

Well, I care about them. Maybe you don't. People are different. I just listed reasons why it might affect you.

• Endstille
    Endstille Member Posts: 2,246
    Options

even easier survivor games.

• xEa
    xEa Member Posts: 4,105
    Options

I hated the Nurse! Every time i had to play against her, i was already sick and tired from the start on. As playing Killer, i completly avoided her after a while. She was always an easy win, not much effort really, and because i like challanges, nurse was clearly not in that category. And as Survivor.... if the nurse player was not totally dogshit, you are dead no matter what.

And i still must say, with all the hate i feel for the Nurse: These changes are really bad. The basekit changes make her very unfun to play, it feels super clumsy.

If it was about me, i would have just took some simple nerfs:

• Megablink Addons RIP
    • Reduce blink range by 1,5 Meters (scaling with charge and movement ofc)
    • Fix her overpowered lunge

.... AND SHE WOULD BE FINE

• justarandy
    edited October 2019
    Options

@Peanits can we please get a statement from you guys finally? What's going to happen with Nurse? The image is very clear, majority doesn't like the basekit change and it would be really bad if you ignore us and keep the basekit changes.

Post edited by justarandy on
  • then4321
    then4321 Member Posts: 234
    Options

XD that video just proved my point entirely, so thank you for that.

First off, he complained about her base cooldown because of the walking speed, saying 'how am I supposed to catch up to survivors?' Not something a nurse main would say. The answer, uhhhh, teleport speed? She's still the fastest killer, and you can go through walls, durp. Not to mention, her cooldown is in effect along side her fatigue animation.

Secondly, he mentioned multiple times that he didn't play her yet, because he made the video before the ptb was even out. Also, underlining tones of 'now I'm upset because she's not a guaranteed 4k, I have to work for it now... sad face'.

• justarandy
    Options

@not_Queen any statement from you guys? Please don't remain silent.