If you were affected by the Grade Reset Bloodpoints not being awarded properly, you will receive any missing Bloodpoints shortly. You may need to restart your game for the rewards to appear. Thank you for your patience!

Pig Proves How Miserable the Survivors Situation Is

Options
DKOuToFConTRoL
DKOuToFConTRoL Member Posts: 59

I believe the inclusion of the Pig and her macabre boxes shows how truly dreary and heartbreaking a situation it is for the survivors.
The Saw movies were known for putting people in brutal situations, where they had to overcome fear and push through immense amounts of pain to get out of the “game” with their lives. Not all “participants” would even be able to bring themselves to start the act they were told to commit due to the thought of the act being too painful for them to handle (the guy with the key behind his eye could not even bring the scalpel all the way to his eye to start cutting it open, so he died).
Now, in Dead by Daylight the survivors just run right up to the macabre boxes and stick their arms into them despite doing so causing significant pain (exemplified by the survivors grunting in pain and the blood shooting out of the box). Then if that is not the correct box, they run right up to the next one and start again.
Imagine being told to blindly stick your arms into a box full of knives, it is a brutal thing to ask and envision; like people in the Saw franchise many people would likely not be able to bring themselves to do this, even if their life depended on it. Now imagine your arms have been ripped apart by blades with blood actively running from your new open wounds and you have to stick your arms into another box full of knives. A small cut can hurt to touch for days; so to have gaping wounds and to convince yourself to go through the pain again, made only worse that you are worsening existing wounds, is basically unbearable.
Meanwhile our poor survivors run right up to these contraptions, injuries and all, and go right to suffering again without a second thought.

Comments

• MoltenBlade
    MoltenBlade Member Posts: 11
    Options

I think that, compared to a rusty hook through the shoulder or your face pulled apart, it's a risk they're willing to take XD

• rj1567
    rj1567 Member Posts: 50
    Options

To be honest the survivors got cut in half by chainsaws, strangled to death, stabbed multiple times until they die by various weapons so i, don't think that putting your hands in some boxes with knives is a big problem for them as it saves their lives by just cutting themselves a bit

• Detective_Jonathan
    Detective_Jonathan Member Posts: 1,165
    Options
    I would take that over having my throat torn out by a monsterous female cannibal any day. 
  • MojoTheFabulous
    MojoTheFabulous Member Posts: 2,015
    Options

Think about it this way, Survivors go through trials endlessly. So I think it's fine that they'll just go right ahead and stick their arms into the Jigsaw Boxes. Also, there is the looming threat of the Killer that wants to hook them to be sacrificed. So it'd be a little easier to go through with the pain of the Jigsaw Boxes.

• Irisora
    Irisora Member Posts: 1,442
    Options

Clearly all survivors are descendants of Chuck Norris.

• MegaWaffle
    MegaWaffle Member Posts: 4,172
    Options

@DKOuToFConTRoL said:
    I believe the inclusion of the Pig and her macabre boxes shows how truly dreary and heartbreaking a situation it is for the survivors.
    The Saw movies were known for putting people in brutal situations, where they had to overcome fear and push through immense amounts of pain to get out of the “game” with their lives. Not all “participants” would even be able to bring themselves to start the act they were told to commit due to the thought of the act being too painful for them to handle (the guy with the key behind his eye could not even bring the scalpel all the way to his eye to start cutting it open, so he died).
    Now, in Dead by Daylight the survivors just run right up to the macabre boxes and stick their arms into them despite doing so causing significant pain (exemplified by the survivors grunting in pain and the blood shooting out of the box). Then if that is not the correct box, they run right up to the next one and start again.
    Imagine being told to blindly stick your arms into a box full of knives, it is a brutal thing to ask and envision; like people in the Saw franchise many people would likely not be able to bring themselves to do this, even if their life depended on it. Now imagine your arms have been ripped apart by blades with blood actively running from your new open wounds and you have to stick your arms into another box full of knives. A small cut can hurt to touch for days; so to have gaping wounds and to convince yourself to go through the pain again, made only worse that you are worsening existing wounds, is basically unbearable.
    Meanwhile our poor survivors run right up to these contraptions, injuries and all, and go right to suffering again without a second thought.

Don't forget that in addition to all those injuries the air in the fog realm has become so polluted with salt that every cut stings that much more.