Do you prestige or do you not prestige?

GrootDude
GrootDude Member Posts: 14,110

^^

Do you prestige or do you not prestige? 226 votes

Yes
57%
Science_GuyMc_HartyrhaArk_the_BonsaiGibberishPhantomMask20763CamoRangericemancatkodiakyInjiMister_xDBigyo369Blueberryliv071981PeasantWoodywoolJetTheWaffleCatVESSELLethalPugydrimmalor 131 votes
No
34%
BossStevoAdeloomintchapstickJoelux1Spartagone45AcesthetiicFennAlexMenacebrokedownpalaceBravo0413xllANDRESllxRainbowPatooiese05239thrawn3054ad19970smappdoodaJawsIsTheNextKillerBlazelskiwhammigobambam 77 votes
I am GrootDude and I hate seeing the symbol in my bloodweb
7%
RattmanPandomFibijeangrayon444OMagic_ManOGrootDudedfrenchieehumanbeing1704fluffymareep8obot1cViceusAggressiveFTWEliskaMM_NIGHTMARE_JackAttackCatDemoFroggilgamerjeffypeffy 18 votes

Comments

• Acesthetiic
    Acesthetiic Member Posts: 1,077
    edited October 2019
    No

I did on my old account, but don’t have the time to commit on my newer one.

EDIT: Grammar bug

• Mc_Harty
    Mc_Harty Member Posts: 3,293
    Yes

Got most of my characters P3 so might as well.

• Fibijean
    Fibijean Member Posts: 8,342

I am Groo- I mean, a completionist.

• Ark_the_Bonsai
    Ark_the_Bonsai Member Posts: 867
    Yes

I was gonna take that option too for the same reason. But unlike you, I am not a groot dude. No, just a simple bonsai.

• TragicSolitude
    TragicSolitude Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 7,146
    Yes

I'm a completionist. I'll probably never prestige all my survivors, but I need to prestige all the killers. Each time I reach P3, I get a sense of relief.

• Elk
    Elk Member Posts: 2,267
    Yes

I only prestige 3 one character. I didn't prestige 1 or anything after that. She is the only one i ever thought of doing it it for. Everyone else didn't seem to need it. The person i prestiged was..........Fen-Laurie. Yes it was Laurie, not even Feng. It is because I didnt care for prestige for anyone. They have cosmetics, Laurie didn't.

• humanbeing1704
    humanbeing1704 Member Posts: 8,970

the only survivor I p3ed was ash and I realized it's pointless also the only killer I p3ed was legion

• Todgeweiht
    Todgeweiht Member Posts: 3,666
    Yes

I like the bloody cosmetics.

• se05239
    se05239 Member Posts: 3,919
    No

I used to but there's literally no point in it.

• BunnyTheHutt
    BunnyTheHutt Member Posts: 1,773
    Yes

I prestige because the blood cosmetics are cool. I only do it for killer because Survivors have literally nothing going for them when prestigeing. Plus, up until recently, most licensed killers didn't get cosmetics, so the Prestige gear was the only way too customize them.

• xEa
    xEa Member Posts: 4,105
    edited October 2019
    No

First i wanted to Prestige, because of better chances in the bloodweb. Then i read, it almost had no effect soo.. no prestige for me.

• Boosted_Dwight
    Boosted_Dwight Member Posts: 3,059
    No

Nah I don't find it worth it. :/

• SebaOutbreak
    SebaOutbreak Member Posts: 399
    Yes

I only did it like 5 times in my 400+ hours of game, but I'll keep doing it at my own pace and only with survivors/killers I really like to use. If I have the perfect build and some really good items, add-ons and offerings, I see no need to prestige until I give that character some good use in a fair amount of matches.

• drimmalor
    drimmalor Member Posts: 909
    Yes

I prestige survivors whenever there's a cool cosmetic I wanna use on them. I don't feel good putting in points past lv50 unless they're p3. As far as killers, I p3'd a few of the ones I like to play the most but that was just to get solid builds on them and have perk variety to choose from.

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614
    No

I got my blood on the only character that matters.

Btw, BHVR, can we get rid of the "You reached LVL 50" message already?

I mean when you complete a Bloodweb when already LVL 50.

• Yung_Slug
    Yung_Slug Member Posts: 2,238
    Yes

Only if I main the character and better cosmetics aren't available. Also Claudette.

• Dicklaycia
    Dicklaycia Member Posts: 147
    Yes

I prestiged my main but that was about it. I may do more characters one day, but I don’t feel a need to right now. My priorities lie with unlocking more perks first!

• Rydog
    Rydog Member Posts: 3,275
    No

I think prestiging a character is the most profoundly wasteful decision you can make in this game, given how many Bloodpoints it takes to unlock stuff.

Mind you, I'm coming at this from the perspective of someone who wants every teachable perk unlocked, and stacked on a small handful of "main" characters, which I think is a reasonable goalpost that the game makes as player-unfriendly as possible to reach.

If I ever prestige anyone, it will be after I've accomplished this goal, all survivors are at 40, and all killers are at 50. But I really don't see the point to it, outside of the bloody clothes (and I would much rather engage fully with the cosmetic store on any character that I like enough to consider prestiging).

If prestiging a character took away everything EXCEPT perks (i.e. item/add-on/offering inventories get erased, but you keep all unlocked perks), it would be way more tempting. As-is, it's way too punishing and I really don't get why anyone would waste their Bloodpoints like this.

• PhantomMask20763
    PhantomMask20763 Member Posts: 5,176
    Yes

I prestige but only for the characters I like

• GrootDude

I will have every survivor p3! :v

• PhantomMask20763
    PhantomMask20763 Member Posts: 5,176
    Yes

Guess it's time for you to get grinding then ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• GrootDude

I shall do nothing but play dbd for the rest of my life! >:V

• Awakey
    Awakey Member Posts: 3,145
    Yes

Only if I want the cosmetics, like for Jake I never P3'd bc I don't want the head. I needed the pants.

• Mert_MK
    Mert_MK Member Posts: 674
    Yes

Only Survivors though. All of them.

For killer, i only prestiged Piggy to 2. In the future i might prestige Spirit too.

• BenZ0
    BenZ0 Member Posts: 4,125
    Yes

For my opinion as a Killer main, I have to prestige every Killer to 3 otherwise I dont feel like a Killer main. On survivors, just those characters that I like to play.

• AngryFluffy
    AngryFluffy Member Posts: 443
    Yes

Only the characters I main and only if I really want the bloody outfit. At the moment I only have Nea and Steve on P3 and I really want P3 Ghostface.

• Stevo
    Stevo Member Posts: 121
    No

I prestiged characters when I played on the PC version, and I also P3’d Ace (main) and Claudette (for the memes) after switching tin PS4, but I haven’t played prestiged any other character, despite the fact I do play more than just those two (don’t even use Claudette that often which is the sad part). I just don’t have the time or patience to get everyone P3, so I’ve resorted to going for all perks on the characters I Play, which in itself is taking a long time. Just ain’t worth it for some bloody cosmetics imo.

• Carlosylu
    Carlosylu Member Posts: 2,948
    Yes

Yes, but depends on if I like the bloody skin or not, for example, not on Claudette, yes on Bill

• RainbowPatooie
    RainbowPatooie Member Posts: 322
    No

I would if I didn't like hoarding items.

• Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669
    Yes

in my opinion prestiging is a crucial step in maxing out characters.

that is why i always get them to prestige 3 before i start leveling them for perks, otherwise i would lose too much progress by prestiging the character.

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 16,060
    Yes

Yes, long time goal is to get to P3-50 and all Perks on all Characters. I am smarter on Killer tho, I will first get the Perks I need for a Killer before levelling all the other Killers so that I dont end up with all available Perks from the start (like it happened with Survivor).

Also I would hate it to click away the Message that Level 50 is the Bloodweb Cap all the time.

• then4321
    then4321 Member Posts: 234

I used to, but now I don't.

I like the cosmetics, but the more very rare and ultra rare things in my bloodweb, the less cakes, puddings, and bps show up...

• 8obot1c
    8obot1c Member Posts: 1,129

>:(

• Saitamfed
    Saitamfed Member Posts: 1,620
    No

I am doing it but... not at the moment. I have characters without prestige and level 50 but too much offerings and objects. It will take a time to prestige them.

• Bravo0413
    Bravo0413 Member Posts: 3,647
    No

I don't prestige unless I love the character.. i don't feel the RNG increase is worth the grind.

• Liruliniel
    Liruliniel Member Posts: 3,047
    edited October 2019
    Yes

On console I specifically only have prestiged Feng Min and Spirit because I play them more then anyone else. I'll never prestige another female survivor i might do a Male survivor at one points, but unlikely.

As for killers I'm in a debate currently about my other 2 main killers. I created a poll about it.

• harry14141414
    harry14141414 Member Posts: 356
    Yes

the only reason I prestige is because im a perfectionist.

theres literally no reward for prestiging . I mean I get it you get bloody outfit. OK cool

• Nikkiwhat
    Nikkiwhat Member Posts: 1,378
    Yes

I'm about to Prestige Michael Myers after I use all his Addons & Offerings up. Gonna Prestige 3 Michael Myers, Leather Face and Freddy. Most likely those will be the only ones I ever Prestige as they are Legendary Horror Icons and lacking Cosmetics (Michael's Hospital Gown isn't my kind of cosmetic) so the Prestige Cosmetics are the only option. Not to mention they look REALLY good on those three, and if any Killers deserve some extra, it's def those three!

• Inji
    Inji Member Posts: 1,096
    Yes

I like having cosmetics, so having another cosmetic option is a must have for me.

• I_am_Negan
    I_am_Negan Member Posts: 3,756
    Yes

Yes I do.

• thrawn3054
    thrawn3054 Member Posts: 5,897
    No

I did Claudette for the achievement. After that no.

• OMagic_ManO
    OMagic_ManO Member Posts: 3,278

I am many things, one who prestiges Survivor is not one of them, I only prestige Licensed Killers or Killer I'll probably get no cosmetics for, cause I feel naked otherwise.

• Micheal_Myers
    Micheal_Myers Member Posts: 1,147
    Yes

I prestige characters who don't have Cosmetics.

• Timtom24
    Timtom24 Member Posts: 230
    Yes

I only prestige my main charackters that i play

• Laurie and Michael
    • Spirit
    • Plague
    • Nancy and Demogorgon
    • Kate
    • Jeff

and thats it (till a charackter comes that i actually wanna main too)

• TunnelVision
    TunnelVision Member Posts: 1,375
    No

Too many perks for me to unlock to even think about prestige. One day maybe when the never ending grind is over!

• Knuckles
    Knuckles Member Posts: 218
    Yes

Only if I have a stockpile of BP to get the perks back.

• Hoodied
    Hoodied Member Posts: 13,019
    Yes

I HIT THAT FAT P3

• fluffymareep
    fluffymareep Member Posts: 634

If I intend to make them a "main" of sorts. It supposedly gives better items/offerings.

• AggressiveFTW
    AggressiveFTW Member Posts: 1,049

I only prestige the characters that I like. I also hate seeing the prestige button in the middle of the bloodweb. I am a completionist.