We are investigating an issue around players not receiving their Grade Rewards today, we will give more information as it becomes available. Apologies for the inconvenience.

Luck mechanics and Killer power

Options
Pennosuke
Pennosuke Member Posts: 100

In my perspective, Luck mechanic is really weird in the current state.

For every new chapter come to this game, Trapper still the only killer that affected by luck mechanic.

I have some ideas that to buff him by remove the RNG from his bear trap and make it more constant but if I do that, luck mechanic will only affected to the hook.

So I'm not sure that luck mechanics in the current state is fine or not, should it affected to more killer power?

For example, make Jigsaw's box affected by the luck mechanic.

When the survivor start to search the first jigsaw box,the chance that survivor can take off the RBT is 25%.

Everytime that survivor can't find the key from the current jigsaw's box, the chance will be increased by 20% when search the next jigsaw box.

The pig will have add-ons that decreased the chance and survivor's luck bonus can also increased chance too.

The last jigsaw's box always have 100% chance and can't affected by add-ons or luck mechanics.

what do you think?

Luck mechanics and Killer power 34 votes

Every killer's power should affected by luck mechanic.
5%
Leonardo1itasurv43 2 votes
More killer's powers should affected by luck mechanic.
14%
SpacingLlamasbrokedownpalaceToxicity23Bigbootiejudy666SinisterDog 5 votes
Luck mechanic is fine, nothing need to change.
2%
Critical_Fish 1 vote
Remove luck mechanic from Trapper's power and rework him, Luck should only affected to the hook.
52%
BossArk_the_BonsaiGibberishBravo0413AnthonyC2014Elkad19970BenZ0NullSp3cMysticAdvisorAhoyWolfJokerIsLokiMookywolfJillSandwichLChiTenshigaydavidking[Deleted User]GreentheNinja 18 votes
Remove luck mechanic from the game, rework Ace's perks and hook mechanic (or more).
23%
Stormhaven13WitasKralleT0xicTylerNeverdwellerErshWTBaconYung_Slug 8 votes

Comments

• Elk
    Elk Member Posts: 2,267
    Options
    Remove luck mechanic from Trapper's power and rework him, Luck should only affected to the hook.

I think the luck mechanic should effect hooks, chests and not killers. If it were killers the only one i can think that it would effect beside Trapper, is Pig. I don't want it to effect Pig, even if it seems small to me. So i would take away Luck with Trapper and have it RNG too then. So really no killer should be effected by it. Even if Chests got a small buff with RNG since the Christmas event. Luck should effect Hooks and Chests.

• xEa
    xEa Member Posts: 4,105
    Options

I am kinda fine with how it is, but i wish luck would effect

• Chests (better chance you get a better item)
    • Lockers (small chance that if you rush a locker, that it does no noise
    • Gens (very small chance that if you fail a skillcheck it wont blow up)

• Ark_the_Bonsai
    Ark_the_Bonsai Member Posts: 867
    Options

I want luck to effect chests like it always should have. Chests and hooks.

• BenZ0
    BenZ0 Member Posts: 4,125
    Options

I hate it when ppl get on the first box the Key, it ALWAYS happens to me when I play pig, I had a nice idea how to easily fix that. In the first box you search there is a garantied chance to NOT get a key.

That makes since all the pig nerfs her traps more effective and more time wasty, just a lil bit.

On trapper you could darker the traps abit by default for my opinion, the yellow addon should be baseline for my opinion, the traps are waaaay to bright.

• 8obot1c
    8obot1c Member Posts: 1,129
    Options

Where is the perks should be affected by luck option? Talking about technician

• Bravo0413
    Bravo0413 Member Posts: 3,647
    edited October 2019
    Options

Imo luck should go against certain status effects such as mangled, exhaustion etc..... it shouldnt affect certain aspects of the pvp all that much...

• Gibberish
    Gibberish Member Posts: 1,050
    Options

Playing as Trapper: Survivor escapes on first attempt.

Playing against Trapper: Takes 30 attempts to escape.

Yeah, nah. Luck based mechanics are garbage.

Trapper's traps should be reworked to be more like Doctor's Snap Out Of It.

A fixed-duration channeled action that requires passing multiple Skillchecks, failing them makes you start over again. Should take way longer than Snap Out Of It though.

• AnthonyC2014
    AnthonyC2014 Member Posts: 91
    Options

Idea for rework on Trapper's traps:

1. Make it skill based. @Gibberish described a perfect mechanic, Trapper's traps are like Snap Out of It from Doctor. I'd love this change.
    2. Please buff the trap setting speed, or just built in Trapper Bag.
    3. If another survivor attempts to get you out of a trap, they have to hit 3 skill checks in quick succession.

Not only does this buff Trapper, it makes certain add-ons more viable, and for survivors, it makes the game more skill based. Currently Trapper sits at the top of D tier.

Instead you'd be less focused on "Please let me out." And more focused on "I have to hit these skill checks!"

And nice bonus, indirect buff to Unnerving Presence.