We are investigating an issue in the game that causes strobing/flashing lights, and are focused on fixing it as soon as possible. Some players may be impacted by this issue and experience discomfort from it, so we recommend taking proper precautions.

And until we fix this issue, we recommend that players with photosensitivity, or who have an epileptic condition or have had seizures of any kind consult their physician before playing.

A PSA to Killer mains, from a Survivor main.

Options
No_Mither_No_Problem
No_Mither_No_Problem Member Posts: 1,476

I respect you in full. I really do. But outside of the game and within the community, it’s really hard to respect Killers when left, right and center there are posts of them being so needlessly insulting towards anyone who doesn’t play Killer primarily.

If you think a lot of Survivors are whiny salt mines, that’s fine. Even P3 Squadettes have mountains of evidence archived somewhere in favor of that statement. But it doesn’t help anybody when Killer mains choose to hate ALL Survivors, branding them as “entitled” and being more holier-than-thou than a Reddit atheist.

Not all Survivor mains are entitled, whiny brats. Far from it. There are plenty of Survivor mains in full support of Killer buffs and Surv nerfs. I myself have an in-game honor code listing Perks and tactics that I simply refuse to utilize out of respect and empathy for the Killer and yet I’ll still get hate for playing as Jake.

It’s infuriating when you try to be the solution and people brand you as the problem.

Even if we play different teams, we’re still one community. I refuse to hate Killer mains outright for playing Killer. I see a lot of the toxicity I mentioned above, but I refuse to brand all Killers as that. I’m return, please don’t brand me as that purple flashlight SB DS P3 Squadette from that one match. Because what’s the point in trying not be the thing people hate when they treat as it anyway?

Comments

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675
    edited July 2018
    Options

Personally, when I say "Survivors are entitled", I mean "most vocal Survivors", or "most Survivors I've seen". It's just easier to say "Survivors" than to type out either of the (admittedly more correct) alternatives. I appreciate what you're trying to say, though.

• powerbats
    powerbats Member Posts: 7,068
    Options

@Orion said:
    Personally, when I say "Survivors are entitled", I mean "most vocal Survivors", or "most Survivors I've seen". It's just easier to say "Survivors" than to type out either of the (admittedly more correct) alternatives. I appreciate what you're trying to say, though.

This is true for both sides yet I found an easy solution was to have it on a text document when I needed to call out someone entitled rather than tarring and feathering an entire group.It kept the discussions more respectful generally except for the most extreme ends which are in every group.

Most killers are great just as most survivors are but like in politics it's those that scream the loudest that get the most attention. Well that and have to the most money to throw around while screaming the loudest.

Why not make a text document with that entitled bit in it directed specifically for that vocal minority?

• ChesterTheMolester
    ChesterTheMolester Member Posts: 2,771
    edited July 2018
    Options
    Killers can often be just as entitled. Hell i've even seen some complaining about buffs to some perks that are either niche or just useless like Ace in the Hole or suggested No Mither buffs.
  • No_Mither_No_Problem
    No_Mither_No_Problem Member Posts: 1,476
    Options

@ChesterTheMolester said:
    Killers can often be just as entitled. Hell i've even seen some complaining about buffs to some perks that are either niche or just useless like Ace in the Hole or suggested No Mither buffs.

I’ve seen that all the time too. But despite acknowledging all stereotypes as having a kernel of truth in them, I will not look at any random Killer main and immediately decide, “Oh yeah, he’s the Stalin to the Survivor’s Soviet working class.” just because they main Killer.

It’s a problem on both ends of people trying to be the good guy when the words “bad guy” are written in neon ink on their forehead.

• MegaWaffle
    MegaWaffle Member Posts: 4,172
    Options

@No_Mither_No_Problem said:
    I respect you in full. I really do. But outside of the game and within the community, it’s really hard to respect Killers when left, right and center there are posts of them being so needlessly insulting towards anyone who doesn’t play Killer primarily.

If you think a lot of Survivors are whiny salt mines, that’s fine. Even P3 Squadettes have mountains of evidence archived somewhere in favor of that statement. But it doesn’t help anybody when Killer mains choose to hate ALL Survivors, branding them as “entitled” and being more holier-than-thou than a Reddit atheist.

Not all Survivor mains are entitled, whiny brats. Far from it. There are plenty of Survivor mains in full support of Killer buffs and Surv nerfs. I myself have an in-game honor code listing Perks and tactics that I simply refuse to utilize out of respect and empathy for the Killer and yet I’ll still get hate for playing as Jake.

It’s infuriating when you try to be the solution and people brand you as the problem.

Even if we play different teams, we’re still one community. I refuse to hate Killer mains outright for playing Killer. I see a lot of the toxicity I mentioned above, but I refuse to brand all Killers as that. I’m return, please don’t brand me as that purple flashlight SB DS P3 Squadette from that one match. Because what’s the point in trying not be the thing people hate when they treat as it anyway?

I'd classify myself as a "Killer main" (play both, just killer more frequently) and I don't hate you. I get annoyed when facing "toxic" players be they either side, but you paid for the same game I did and you have a right to play the game as you wish within the available mechanics.

TLDR: I love you all. ;)

• ItsDaEmuDood
    ItsDaEmuDood Member Posts: 192
    Options

I love everyone here.

• pauloandrade22
    pauloandrade22 Member Posts: 697
    Options

@No_Mither_No_Problem said:

people say that to "the intentionally ignorant and/or toxic survivors" mostly. Sorry for the insults tho.

• PhantomMask20763
    PhantomMask20763 Member Posts: 5,176
    Options
    I do always appreciate the nice survivors. I remember I played a really good game once with the pig and I killed everyone but one since he escaped at the hatch but instead of sending me hate messages saying EZ GIT GUD NOOB and OMG TUNNLING AND CAMPING HOW BAD ARE YOU LUL I got good game dude you had my heart pounding when i just ran into you by accident, I was astonished as I've never had someone compliment me in-game I said that he played well too as he rescued and repaired and healed teammates. Then he replied that I did good too keeping pressure on gens and downing survivors quickly and we simply just ended our conversation with a gg ,probably my favorite moment in this game. But yeah I know all survivors aren't douchbags and I really like it when they're not cause it just seems rare at this point for me. Anyway sorry for the long comment lol.