The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Now that medkit addon got deleted (nerfed)

jeyers
jeyers Member Posts: 275

Only keys left now devs, cmon how long will it take before the last good survivor item has no good addons left ?

Place your bets now, me personally would say a few months and then all good survivor addons have been nerfed or removed from play entirelly.

Comments

• NinoV1
    NinoV1 Member Posts: 382

Keys and moris, then there’ll be no more game breaking mechanics that rob people of fun.

• PolarBear
    PolarBear Member Posts: 1,899

Did you forget toolboxes still exist?

Also, good =/= overpowered.

• ad19970
    ad19970 Member Posts: 6,356

Survivors still have plenty of good items and addons. Heck, medkits allow survivors to heal themselevs at the same speed another survivor would normally heal you. You are pretty much cutting the time you normally would have to waste on healing in half, and it allows you to heal where ever you are. Toolboxes on the other hand increase the speed at which you are doing your main objective, repairing gens. And gen times aren't long to begin with. That's pretty powerful.

Insta heals were nerfed because they were op, not just good. Being able to heal one health state immediately with a button press, just makes the killer waste more time, and a killer doesn't have a lot of time. Healing two health states with one button press was even more crazy. That's just one chase to down a survivor pretty much negated. That's not really balanced. And they are still really good after the nerf. Borrowed time you can use whenever you want? That's pwerful. And healing over 8 seconds passively is also pretty damn strong. Used well in a chase, that addon will still grant you an extra health state, which once again costs killer a lot of time, extra time killers don't really have.

So I'm a bit confused why you think that survivors only good items are keys now. Medkits, Toolboxes, Maps and Flashlights all have their good uses. Flashlights and Maps not as much but still.

• Boosted_Dwight
    Boosted_Dwight Member Posts: 3,059

Good and OP aren't the same. The new "insta heals" are still pretty strong.

Purple = Insta down protection

Red = 8 seconds and then fully healed

Now all we need are moris and keys to be changed (maybe a few killer add ons) and I think all will be fine.

• NinoV1
    NinoV1 Member Posts: 382

Yeah I wouldn’t lose any sleep if they were removed aswell.

• PiedPiper365
    PiedPiper365 Member Posts: 231

We killers get nerfed and our add-ons but hey who's keeping count

• GamerBoiHours
    GamerBoiHours Member Posts: 6

One question, why? They all have their downsides. Keys are useless unless you can find the hatch before everyone else dies, med-kits, sure are one of the best items you can use, have specific amount of times you can heal before depleting, flashlights are useless if you don't know how to use it and can't aim good enough for the blind, and toolboxes are only useful for doing gems without ruin, which is pretty rare because most killers mains have it, or if you're trying to sabotage hooks, even though there are just a bunch of hooks around the realm, see they all have downsides. So they all have downsides and have counters. Nurse's counters med-kits, hangman's trick and ruin counter toolboxes, lightborn counters flashlights, etc etc.

• siyke26
    siyke26 Member Posts: 81

I would say killer mains to be fair because they can say as they just a one of the most uncounterable killers slightly touched so but looking at the history survivors have had more things knocked a peg or 2 some to the point of unusable MoM for one. So I can see why some would have something to say.

• Cardgrey
    Cardgrey Member Posts: 1,454
    edited October 2019

@ad19970

also didn’t point out they added a anti one shot item to med kits ....

• StarMoral
    StarMoral Member Posts: 938

I hope that they do adress Ebony Moris if they do rework keys.

I'm fine with a pink key letting ONE survivor escape, and purple having extra time and aura reading.

Ebony should not be first hook kills, if anything, it should be final hook AFTER you hook another survivor.

• Cardgrey

@StarMoral

let me get this right.you want me to camp till struggle. Slug you on save. Down your would be saver then after I hook them. Go over to you after u slug for 2 mins getting no extra points and being forced to wait?

you sure that’s what you want?

• Yung_Slug
    Yung_Slug Member Posts: 2,238

The problem with keys is that they are no-risk, high reward due to their add-ons that let you keep the key after dying or using it and they can completely break the game. All gens are done? All survivors can escape instantly through hatch, no need to worry about Remember Me or a trapped exit gate.

Now, that's not so bad, but how about this: 1 gen is left, and you just killed one survivor. Now the rest of the survivors can escape for free and you depip.

If you bring a key, you pretty much can't lose. If you find the hatch, you escape for free and get to bring your buddies with you. If your team dies, you pretty much escape no matter what because even if the killer closes the hatch you can just open it again. If you die before either of those things happen, don't worry, because you get to keep your key.

• siyke26

Yes I have several times but that doesnt matter because the game isn't like that anymore if it was I would understand the complaints but again I find killer main I think maybe there 2 different forums because I keep seeing killer main talking is there a survivor forum?

• StarMoral

No... Hook me twice, hook another person, then kill me. Continue that with the rest of the team. Mind you you are able to kill EVERYONE without the threat of having a hex destroyed or anything. Ivory Mori is okay as is, since it's just one person.

• siyke26

That's wrong I couldn't tell you how many times a key is brought to the game just for it to go to waste. A key is not a guarantee win but I guess 1 in 5 keys getting out justify removing the item.

• Cardgrey
    edited October 2019

@StarMoral

so what your saying is don’t unhook my friends until struggle and completely making that offering pointless?

why not just remove Moris 100%

• StarMoral

If they go into struggle, that's death hook.

If you hook another survivor, you can kill the death hook survivor.

Plus what strategy is benefited from forcing struggle state?

• UlvenDagoth
    UlvenDagoth Member Posts: 3,535

You.... really don't look around alot huh?

Well, you seem the type to not listen, so I should prolly not bother.

• Cardgrey
    edited October 2019

@StarMoral

also getting unhooked during struggle is final hook.

also your post 7 post up does not say 3 hooks it says final hook. No reason to be so hostile.

• Cardgrey

@StarMoral

we Will never be in agreement I’d argue the sky’s green just to not agree with you.

• siyke26

It's that I don't look around or I don't listen. I have tried to do both but what I find most is what I find most not saying other things are not there but they are not prominent. Either way it seems that you wouldnt want to see it on my side as seems you too are stuck in your own thoughts as most are I am guilty of it as well but I have made an effort to see thing from both spectrums.

• UlvenDagoth

Look through my comments, then say I don't see both sides. I look at the big picture, and try to keep both sides of the discussion civil. I defend Survivors and Killers, because the Survivor vs. Killer mindset is stupid in a forum where there should be constructive and good feedback.

What I meant, was that there is alot of whining from both sides. I do my best to not be biased and to see everything from every side. Frankly, I just have a hard time reading your posts cause they kinda are written oddly. I just assume you don't have english as a first language and do the best I can.

The point I was attempting to make was that old DBD was so heavily survivor sided it was silly. If they hadn't gotten "Taken a peg or two down" as you said, the game would have died. Seeing the old footage as you said, i don't see why you don't see that they NEEDED to be nerfed to have any kind of balance in the game at ALL.

• siyke26

What I meant was there is no need to keep hitting survivor side over and over I get some perks were a big deal but at same time people buy the character for that perk just have pooped on

• UlvenDagoth

Ohhh okay. I can kinda understand what you mean now. Though, the "strongest" killer got nerfed at the same time. So it's not exactly all on the survivor side here. They have to take from both sides, keep things even. That's what Balance is.

• Mochan
    Mochan Member Posts: 2,886

Keys don't have broken AddOns. It's the key itself that is broken.

• Mochan
    Mochan Member Posts: 2,886
    edited October 2019

This is only true in SWF, and you only keep the key for one game, the addon is consumed. That's not a problem really.

Bringing a key entails a lot of risk. It's almost certain you'll be tunneled, or killer will bring Franklin's. "No risk" my ass. Killer might even being a Mori. It is a high risk item to bring.

Similar to how if a Killer brings an Ebony Mori, there's a high risk survivors will DC or suicide.

• siyke26

But in my experience the nerfs tend to stack more heavy towards the survivor side they recently buffed up demogorgon survivors received no such buff so balance as say they should or take from both side equally and not what the killer mains whine about the most just periodically take from killers to save face

• BrendanLeeT
    BrendanLeeT Member Posts: 272

Just because a killer gets buffed doesn't mean a survivors should get buffed. Imagine we had a set of 2 scales with two little dishes on either side. Left side is survivor and right is killer. If you look at the video from 2016 that Tru uploaded the left side was weighting down drastically and for the balance to happen the devs had to nerf survivors more then the killer to even out the weight (balance).

With your mentality, a killer gets buffed so the weights balance out a bit but now a survivor buff needs to happen so now you buff the scales out and oh no back to square one where it's unbalanced again.

I'm not the best at explaining but balancing doesn't work like that where one side gets buffed so the other side needs to get buffed. I'll agree survivors have been getting nerfed a lot lately but all of this is to even it out because of the game catching back up from the old times.

• UlvenDagoth

Bredan said what I was gonna. That's the best way to put it. Survivors were on a mountain. To get it back to balanced, they needed to be knocked down. It needs to even out yes, but only once it's even to start with.

• siyke26

To be fair in the low tier games things are pretty balanced as they were months ago I am not saying game wasn't broken when was released but those days have long since passed so holding on to those days as way justifying putting survivors down mean that survivors will never get to have anything nice because now it's med kits who knows what's next I know keys are popular right then what another perk because as survivors have anything that halfway works the killers will call for a nerf til game becomes one sided in the killers favor then there won't be a point to play survivor then game will die but luckily there are a lot of perks so I guess it will be awhile before survivor is completely unplayable.

• UlvenDagoth

But you have to remember the devs DON'T WANT THERE GAME TO DIE. Thinking like you are is silly. Why would they let the game get that way?

• siyke26

I have no way knowing why I am just saying based off how things work that's what will happen cause what gets nerfed is based off what people call for and when killers tend to call for something it happens. I am just saying and I know it makes no sense but it is what it is. Show me where I am wrong to think that based off the last few months.

• UlvenDagoth

People could argue that when survivors call for things it gets nerfs too. Nurse, for example.

This talk is really just going in circles. You can plainly see both sides are getting buffs and nerfs just by looking at patch notes.

• siyke26

I have been and how long did it take for nurse to get nerfed compared to how fast survivors get nerfed

• AChaoticKiller
    AChaoticKiller Member Posts: 3,104
    edited October 2019

my simple idea is that there should be an animation when using the key that takes like 5-7 seconds and during the animation the killer can interrupt the survivor for a free hook and after the survivor opens the hatch they dont immediately jump in. they could also decrease the time the hatch is open to balance out the fact that the survivor doesn't jump in to escape.

• UlvenDagoth

Yeah, I see it's pointless talking to you about this. Have fun in the Fog.

• Dr_Loomis
    Dr_Loomis Member Posts: 3,703
    edited October 2019

Well any nerfing to keys will no doubt make the 'Where Did They Go' trophy even more difficult.

• Laakeri
    Laakeri Member Posts: 835

Ebonies, keys, prayer beads, full blown gen rush toolboxes are all still on un fun list and i wouldnt mind if all of them got removed or nerfed.

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614
    edited October 2019

You make it seem as if insta-heals was all that Med-Kits have.

• BrendanLeeT
    BrendanLeeT Member Posts: 272

We don't even need to look at 2016, it was only like 1 and a half years ago, give and take maybe a couple of months, that dpip squad showed how the game is unbalanced and if survivors really wanted to win they can easily do so.

Don't forget that just because some aspects of survivors get nerfed they do receive some buffs. Sometimes people are just so used to using the meta which revolves around as many second chance/chase perks as possible that they don't feel like they can change it. The new Detective hunch will probably have a placement in my loadout because of how good it looks now but that's because I'm not focused on the meta.

To be honest, the last basekit nerf that was a game changer was the removal of the pallet vacuum. I'll be honest, most survivor perks are fine as they are when used by themselves but with the ability to use a combination of perks is what makes it strong. I might be the odd few who believe this but old MoM would have been fine ON ITS OWN but what made it broken was the ability to combine it with other second chance perks such as DS and to some extent DH for when they fail a loop. Most survivor nerfs need to happen because of the synergy when combining these perks but the perks on their own is not overpowered.

• siyke26

So based on that you survivors should have access to only 1 perk at a time? Because having synergy among perks is kinda the point when you multiple slots I am not going to run random junk just because if I try to make it work together it might get nerfed when I started I used spinechill and premonition together does that mean they should nerfed so they can't be used together? Look I didn't come me here to argue but it seems to me that unless it's a killer favorable thought everyone has a problem with it. Who it might be me because I am not a pro streamer bullying killers with all my amazing skill I don't have and I pretty much stomped on all the time and my team I play pretty have about 3-6 minute games before we are all dead on hook I don't maybe we are literally they only people who play that have this problem I don't know. All I am saying is that unless you those too tier people you kinda need all the help you can get just to make a few measly blood points. Maybe if the blood point gain was a little more balanced maybe more people would survivor and maybe it wouldn't be a problem as it is to die is just a few moments after match begins.