Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

What are some reasons Killers hit hooked Survivors?

I'm thinking it's to pass time during struggle, or to practice aim, or to practice lunging? I very seldom play Killer, so I was just wondering what some Killer mains' reasons were for doing so, if you do it.

To clarify, this is smacking the heck out of the last on-hook Survivor or two, so there's no pressing chase to be done, no camping, etc., just killing time.

Comments

• joker7997
    joker7997 Member Posts: 899

Oh just saw the very end of your post. Definitely an infant in that case.

• scarslookgood
    scarslookgood Member Posts: 157

Thanks, guys! I was just curious some ideas behind the occurence and this helps explain some alternative reasons.

I've had some Clowns and Huntresses do it and assumed it was for aim (I'm usually yellowish rank and on PS4, so practice seemed logical). Although a good "smack" because I was annoying makes sense too.

I don't mind when it happens because it's not like it affects the outcome or hurts anything -- I'm the last Survivor and I'm hooked and not going anywhere, so it's like the DBD equivalent of a Snickers, I thought maybe.

Thanks for the input!

• TragicSolitude
    TragicSolitude Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 7,140

When it happens, I figure it's because I annoyed them.

Had a really bad match against a Myers a couple days ago, where the other three survivors died quickly so I just gave myself up. He dropped me a good distance away from the hatch and motioned for me to crawl towards it. I put my controller down. He finally gave up, hooked me, and smacked me until the entity finished taking me away.

The only time I've hit survivors on the hook at the end of the game is because they held me hostage and forced me to find them rather than do gens (before the EGC became a thing, one survivor could do it if fewer than 2 gens had been completed; since the EGC, it takes at least two survivors to do this). Otherwise, I go off to quickly break a pallet or kick a gen or something if I can.

If I'm Plague, I might vomit on them for fun to pass the time, but mostly I don't do that stuff because it can come across as BMing. I know when I play survivor, if a killer hits me on the hook, my instinctual reaction is, "What did I do to you?? Why are you mad at me??" I don't want to cause that reaction in others when I play killer. Unless they held me hostage; then I'm pissed.

• se05239
    se05239 Member Posts: 3,919

If a killer hits you right away after hooking you, its probably to cancel the loud screaming every survivor do when they get hooked.

If they hit you continiously and there's more than you left in the trial, they're probably salty as #########.

Hitting the last survivor on the hook is basically just a "please die already damnit" thing.

• UlvenDagoth
    UlvenDagoth Member Posts: 3,535

The only thing i do is hit the last guy with FF cause it lets me do the animation as I run off for more points.

• blue4zion
    blue4zion Member Posts: 2,773

Personally, I'll hit them once after hooking to stop the scream, or if they did something ######### like unhook right in front of me or sandbag a teammate

• NoShinyPony
    NoShinyPony Member Posts: 4,570

If Huntresses + Clowns throw their hatchets/bottles at the hooked person, then yes, this can indeed be just some practicing.

• UlvenDagoth
    UlvenDagoth Member Posts: 3,535

I mean you should be happy if a Clown does it. It's part anesthetic so it dulls the pain.

• Mr_K
    Mr_K Member Posts: 9,184

Its a pat on the back for such a good chase. 🤗

• CrowFoxy
    CrowFoxy Member Posts: 1,310

Jeff's scream is too loud, and hitting him stops that.

• BrendanLeeT
    BrendanLeeT Member Posts: 272
    edited October 2019

For the same reason survivors t-bag at exit gates or just flashlight macro spam, just to BM and rub it in your face. I find it quite funny that survivors are allowed to BM and we're told "it's just crouching, get a thicker skin" but if the killers BM we're salty. I love throwing around the saying what comes around goes around, so if survivor BM me then I'll rub it in their face and BM them back and then usually get told to get cancer, etc. Well any form of salt is a victory for me.

• humanbeing1704
    humanbeing1704 Member Posts: 8,967

well if a killer camps me because I pissed them off that much then I'm proud of myself

• BrendanLeeT
    BrendanLeeT Member Posts: 272

Oh I've had proud moments when I loop killers for multiple gens just to be face camped by them at the end. 2 days ago I got a head-on save and was camped to death by a Myers because "Head-on is toxic!" when I was running meme builds.

• Johnble
    Johnble Member Posts: 175

Honestly out of habit. I watched YouTubers play it a lot before I got it and saw killers doing it in videos. Once I started playing it, I started doing it just as a "Yay! I got one!" thing. Still do it on occasion. It never occurred to me that it could mean one is salty though. I'll have to keep that in mind.

• Starbricks19
    Starbricks19 Member Posts: 74

Because a survivor teabag my doctor and nope, nobody do that while my sexy lough is on. So hook him and bash him like a pinata!

• hocrux
    hocrux Member Posts: 212

I usually do it either to acknowledge a good chase/attempt or if the survivor was doing something disrespectful like sabo teammates, breaking hooks/insta med etc

• Hoodied
    Hoodied Member Posts: 13,018

To hear jake scream

• stridor

it worked well if you shut up the screaming so you could hear other survivors/ footsteps

but now that cant be done anymore.