Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

The Tunnel Vision is real!

Tunneling has always been an issue, but ever since this rank reset it seems to have tripled. The Killers have perks to incentivize them not to camp or tunnel, yet they still do. A new survivor perk to counter tunneling would be great, but I have no idea what it could be. So, in lue of that, I suggest the killer gets penalized just like a survivor would if he downs a survivor that's just been hooked. He should lose points everytime he does it, and if he does it over and over he runs the risk of losing tons of points. I do have a few exceptions to this though to make it fair for killers. You will not be penalized if there are two or less survivors alive/if it's your obsession/or the exits are powered. That's my idea. I don't care if every single killer here disagrees, so save your breath.

Comments

• Krueger1428
    Krueger1428 Member Posts: 76
    Lowbei said:
    Lowbei said:
    It is an issue for the person who just wants to play the game. Tunneling people out of the match is one of the shittiest things you can do to someone.
    tunneling is fine. git gud
    Exactly the response I'd expect from someone who tunnels. "Oh no, I'm so bad at playing killer I have to tunnel the person who just got off the hook and stands zero chance to win. Otherwise I won't 4k!" It's no wonder survivors teabag. Now, off you go. Go tunnel more people No-Skill. Be gone.
    you were an easy kill, thats your problem not mine.

I don't care what you think as I said in my original post. Think what you want, you're still wrong. K bye!
  • Lowbei
    Lowbei Member Posts: 2,637
    Lowbei said:
    Lowbei said:
    It is an issue for the person who just wants to play the game. Tunneling people out of the match is one of the shittiest things you can do to someone.
    Exactly the response I'd expect from someone who tunnels. "Oh no, I'm so bad at playing killer I have to tunnel the person who just got off the hook and stands zero chance to win. Otherwise I won't 4k!" It's no wonder survivors teabag. Now, off you go. Go tunnel more people No-Skill. Be gone.
    you were an easy kill, thats your problem not mine.

I don't care what you think as I said in my original post. Think what you want, you're still wrong. K bye!
    No worries. Nobody actually expects randos to git gud.
  • LunarPhoenix0
    LunarPhoenix0 Member Posts: 12

Go play killer and tell me you won't tunnel a survivor a bit when they ran you around after your ruin got broke and 3 gens got done in the span of a 4 minute long chase, used an insta heal. I play both sides and typically I try to go after the person who went for the save but if I'm cut for time and NEED to get someone out of the game I'm going to kill them whether they like it or not just like most killers do. Expecting fair play from killers is a luxury not a given, and usually that fair play works against them massively.

• deadwolfwalking
    deadwolfwalking Member Posts: 624

@LunarPhoenix0 said:
    Go play killer and tell me you won't tunnel a survivor a bit when they ran you around after your ruin got broke and 3 gens got done in the span of a 4 minute long chase, used an insta heal. I play both sides and typically I try to go after the person who went for the save but if I'm cut for time and NEED to get someone out of the game I'm going to kill them whether they like it or not just like most killers do. Expecting fair play from killers is a luxury not a given, and usually that fair play works against them massively.

i got tilted just reading it.... XD

• LunarPhoenix0
    LunarPhoenix0 Member Posts: 12

@deadwolfwalking said:
    i got tilted just reading it.... XD

I would mention swf too but...yeah.

• ObscuredbyFog
    ObscuredbyFog Member Posts: 94

Just remember... the light at the end of the tunnel just might be an oncoming train!

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095
    The killer has to remove 1 player as soon as possible. Otherwise gens will be done in no time.
    When a match takes 10 minutes, the killer can afford to go for someone else. But with 3 minute matches, he needs to kill fast, to slow the game down.
  • Dwight_Fairfield
    Dwight_Fairfield Member Posts: 6,895

The camping and tunneling was out in full force in the games I just had tonight. But the good part is most of us came out with more blood points than the killer.

• popoles
    popoles Member Posts: 831
    OP's logic: "Hey, I'll post my own opinion in the discussions section and when somebody won't agree, I just say that I don't care!"
    Like.... really?!
  • Lowbei
    popoles said:
    OP's logic: "Hey, I'll post my own opinion in the discussions section and when somebody won't agree, I just say that I don't care!"
    Like.... really?!
    kids these days
  • Mr_Jay_Stark
    Mr_Jay_Stark Member Posts: 539
    I know OP isn’t going to agree with this but to whoever else is wondering and thinking no tunneling isn’t bad! It’s a strategy! Remember as a killer you have to KILL anyway possible just like being a survivor you SURVIVE anyway possible so if the killer chases you when you get off a hook loop them to oblivion! If not, oh well, you died just find another lobby and boom you’re in another game!
  • Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

@Krueger1428 said:
    Tunneling has always been an issue, but ever since this rank reset it seems to have tripled. The Killers have perks to incentivize them not to camp or tunnel, yet they still do. A new survivor perk to counter tunneling would be great, but I have no idea what it could be. So, in lue of that, I suggest the killer gets penalized just like a survivor would if he downs a survivor that's just been hooked. He should lose points everytime he does it, and if he does it over and over he runs the risk of losing tons of points. I do have a few exceptions to this though to make it fair for killers. You will not be penalized if there are two or less survivors alive/if it's your obsession/or the exits are powered. That's my idea. I don't care if every single killer here disagrees, so save your breath.

Tunneling is just playing effectively. There is literally no reason not to tunnel.
    Penalize the killer for tunneling would be forcing the killer to 2 hook everyone and then start killing by 3rd hooks. Might aswell remove killer from the game :wink:

Oh and some advice against tunneling, if you got hooked, you should be aware that you are closer to death and shouldnt be some of the clicking tbagging idiots and play stealthy instead :wink:

• Speshul_Kitten
    Speshul_Kitten Member Posts: 1,861
    Tunneling sucks, no one likes it, not even the killer believe it or not. BBQ was encouraged to stop killers from tunneling, but when you catch a survivor on high ranks and two gens are already knocked out, it’s really discouraging to try to go after someone else so far away with the chance of not even being able to catch them in time, that’s why tunneling exist, or it should really be the only reason people tunnel. If you’re tunneling for any other reason I suggest you at least use Make Your Choice to grab another stack to BBQ.
  • Master

@Speshul_Kitten said:
    Tunneling sucks, no one likes it, not even the killer believe it or not. BBQ was encouraged to stop killers from tunneling, but when you catch a survivor on high ranks and two gens are already knocked out, it’s really discouraging to try to go after someone else so far away with the chance of not even being able to catch them in time, that’s why tunneling exist, or it should really be the only reason people tunnel. If you’re tunneling for any other reason I suggest you at least use Make Your Choice to grab another stack to BBQ.

As killer I like to tunnel because it makes me complete my objective. Give me a single reason not to tunnel

Not sure what you understand about tunneling, but BBQ is supposed to stop killers from camping, it doesnt do anything against tunneling

• jeridan
    jeridan Member Posts: 77

Oh and some advice against tunneling, if you got hooked, you should be aware that you are closer to death and shouldnt be some of the clicking tbagging idiots and play stealthy instead :wink:

And this works how when the killer runs right back to the hook because he was "patrolling" nearby and tunnels you? How do you even get the chance to play stealth?

• Vortexas
    Vortexas Member Posts: 757

Reads OP's post

I found the entitled Survivor Main!

• Insensible
    Insensible Member Posts: 4

@Vortexas said:
    Reads OP's post

Aren't you the entitled killer main that ######### about everything and on every post? Or are you the sad kid with no friends that thinks you shouldn't be able to play with friends a god damn video game?

• only1biggs
    only1biggs Member Posts: 1,178

@popoles said:
    Like.... really?!

That's what every person does here, killer or survivor.

"What should I do about looping?" - Gets advice and answers on what to do, screams like a baby because they can't.
    "It's impossible to counter flashlights and swf's!!" - No it's not, get better...screams like a baby because they can't.
    "Tunneling and camping is annoying, here's a stupid idea to counter a human beings choice of playing a game a certain way, douchey or not" - Your idea is stupid and will now be ridiculed, cries like a baby because they don't like mean people.

Fvck off.

• fcc2014
    fcc2014 Member Posts: 4,388
    Lowbei said:
    I agree. Killers are meant to kill. That is why yoy have ds and borrowed time. Along with flashlight saves and saboteur. Does it suck yeah but it is a strategy.
  • Delfador
    Delfador Member Posts: 2,552

@Krueger1428 said:

Yeah tunneling generators instead of switching between them when they are half completed is horrible. It kills the fun for the killer.

• RSB
    RSB Member Posts: 2,258

@Krueger1428 said:

Very nice idea! Everybody knows, that killers are there for survivors to entertain them. You paid for this game, not the killer, and you demand, am I right?
    Like if running around killer, tbagging him, rapidly clicking flashes, and at the end insulting him in the every way wasn't enough, let's punish the killer for killing you. How dare he, that ######### noob, to kill such pr0 like you.
    You know what? Less points isn't too good. Let's ban them. Yeah, that is right - you are so special, so pr0 and good, that only cheater could kill you. And here, we ban cheaters.
    Or when he dares to kill you, his nickname should be permamently changed to "son of a #########", and groups of 12 years old kids like you, should visit him in his house, humiliate him, and he should be forced to suck your tiny willy, so you could make a video of it, place it on DbD forum, or YT, and at the end the killer should apologize, suck it again, and then kill himself in a painful way. That will teach those #########!

WHO IS WITH ME?!2!21??1213445556

• qpwoeiruty
    qpwoeiruty Member Posts: 98

I play survivor, tunneling is fine. Either your teammates rescued you to close too the killer without borrowed time, or you are unable to lose the killer. If I was killer I would go after the injured person 100% of the time. It's called logic.

• Dwight_Fairfield

@Vortexas said:
    Reads OP's post

Aren't you the entitled killer main that ######### about everything and on every post? Or are you the sad kid with no friends that thinks you shouldn't be able to play with friends a god damn video game?

Can't he be both? 😉
  • Raccoon
    Raccoon Member Posts: 7,693
    edited July 2018
    Getting off the hook is a privilege, not a right.

Don't get caught and  don't make bad saves. 

You're literally asking for someone to be penalized for actions that are not their own. 

Literal entitlement. 
  • pauloandrade22
    pauloandrade22 Member Posts: 697

@Dwight_Fairfield said:
    Insensible said:

@Vortexas said:

Reads OP's post

Can't he be both? 😉

can't he/she be neither?

• Dwight_Fairfield

@pauloandrade22 said:

can't he/she be neither?

Not if you've read their post history ;)

• pauloandrade22

@Dwight_Fairfield said:

@pauloandrade22 said:

can't he/she be neither?

Not if you've read their post history ;)

I empathise with them in regards to SWF Voice comms. Those games are bullying seesions. Note that the 4 man or no man is irrelevant though. Its just a series of horrible bullying games. Hell i remember my own games like that and the last one i 4 maned thanks to NOED. But it was still a terrible game . So i get why they are like they are .

• Russ76
    Russ76 Member Posts: 306
    I agree the tunneling is real.  The other day I was playing and the killer tunneled so I took advantage of that.  I made a save and then was able to get into the doorway between the killer and guy I saved.  The killer literally tried to get through that doorway for 10 seconds.  I know he saw me as I was standing up.  After about 4 tries of trying to get past men he finally hits me.  I run off and he goes after the survivor that had been hooked and was long gone.

I try not to tunnel but I am also a rank 18 killer.  That said I do try to punish the guy who does the saving, but the minute I hook him the debt has been paid and I move on.  (that said after August reset I will work toward becoming a rank 1 killer so I can better understand their complaints)

• Dwight_Fairfield

@pauloandrade22 said:

I empathise with them in regards to SWF Voice comms. Those games are bullying seesions. Note that the 4 man or no man is irrelevant though. Its just a series of horrible bullying games. Hell i remember my own games like that and the last one i 4 maned thanks to NOED. But it was still a terrible game . So i get why they are like they are .

Bullying in Dbd can come from non SWF lobbies, and from the killers, too. Just last night my friend and I went into a lobby, and the Pig was the killer. For reasons we still don't understand she was constantly tunneling one of the other random survivors, who was not playing toxic in any way. Just trying to do gens. When she got this person down, she spent a whole minute tea bagging them on the floor before hooking them. We saved them, she tunneled, and did the same thing again.

• Mc_Harty
    Mc_Harty Member Posts: 3,293

If someone unhooks you, when I'm nearby, I'd be an idiot to chase the healthy survivor (Unless I have MYC).

Sorry not sorry.

• pauloandrade22

@Dwight_Fairfield said:

@pauloandrade22 said:

Bullying in Dbd can come from non SWF lobbies, and from the killers, too. Just last night my friend and I went into a lobby, and the Pig was the killer. For reasons we still don't understand she was constantly tunneling one of the other random survivors, who was not playing toxic in any way. Just trying to do gens. When she got this person down, she spent a whole minute tea bagging them on the floor before hooking them. We saved them, she tunneled, and did the same thing again.

yeah some killers are special. I remember one such killer fondly myself. Hell i shift tabed every game just to see who was my killer and when i saw his/her's profile i knew "oh its a chatyouall" game . My last game with him/her ,he/her blocked the hatch from appearing and so i did the last two gens then i returned and lo and behold who was still there? Needless to say i escaped that game. But the others times was just facecamping( back when it was not patched) everyone from start for.... reasons......
    Then i bought the game and never saw them again ( that im aware).

• Raccoon
    Raccoon Member Posts: 7,693
    How do you see who the killer is?
  • only1biggs
    only1biggs Member Posts: 1,178

@Mc_Harty said:
    If someone unhooks you, when I'm nearby, I'd be an idiot to chase the healthy survivor (Unless I have MYC).

Sorry not sorry.

I agree, but depending on the time/situation of the game, I'd rather punish the moron who unhooked near me.

• Russ76
    Russ76 Member Posts: 306

@Mc_Harty said:

Sorry not sorry.

I agree, but depending on the time/situation of the game, I'd rather punish the moron who unhooked near me.

Agree
  • Master

@jeridan said:

And this works how when the killer runs right back to the hook because he was "patrolling" nearby and tunnels you? How do you even get the chance to play stealth?

Then the survivor that unhooked you farmed you, thats not the killers fault :wink:

• Lowbei
    The OP abandoned the thread in shame
  • DocFabron
    DocFabron Member Posts: 2,410
    So what you want is for the "noob killer" to help you satisfy your ego and give you EZ wins?
  • Tzeentchling9
    Tzeentchling9 Member Posts: 1,796
    Mc_Harty said:

Sorry not sorry.

I just realized. A big move against tunneling would be to remove the stupid notification for MYC. 
  • bl4ckhearts
    bl4ckhearts Member Posts: 40

what is MYC? random question to add

• Master

@bl4ckhearts said:
    what is MYC? random question to add

make your choice, a perk

• bl4ckhearts
    bl4ckhearts Member Posts: 40

oh i like that perk :p