Are there repercussions for false ban reports?

Options

Played a match over the weekend and got 4k as killer. Everyone ended the match with "gg" except for one person who called me a cheater and said I hacked the game because I knew exactly where everyone was all the time. Kept saying they were reporting me, enjoy the ban, etc. I did not hack the game and certainly did not know where everyone was. I'm only a rank 16 killer so I assumed the person didn't fully understand my killer powers.

I'm not worried (well maybe a little cuz I love this game and would never want to be banned!) because I wasn't cheating but it did make me wonder if there are repercussions for falsely reporting people. Also, is it considered harassment to falsely accuse someone of cheating in the end game chat?

Comments

• KillermainBTWm8
    KillermainBTWm8 Member Posts: 4,212
    Options

I can't really speak here cause I don't know either but let's use some logic here... If someone flags almost everyone he comes across there will probably be repercussions.

• Rydog
    Rydog Member Posts: 3,275
    Options

If you weren't cheating, I would not worry. They're not going to ban anyone on a whim, without investigating to make sure accusations like this are valid.

What killer were you playing? There are a ton of tracking perks and abilities in the game, so maybe the player who reported you doesn't understand how you could quickly find people. I suspect that a lot of us have been on the receiving end of this type of confusion at one point or another.

• Lost_in_the_Fog
    Lost_in_the_Fog Member Posts: 452
    Options

From what I remember I was playing with Freddy with one of the dream pallet add ons that show survivor auras. I didn't feel like I was playing any better than normal. I was just taken aback by being accused of cheating. But then again. . . poor sports.

• Mr_K
    Mr_K Member Posts: 9,114
    Options

Unlike some game companies, bhvr doesn't take action unless there's proof of cheating.

At least one redeeming quality they have going for them.

• martin27
    martin27 Member Posts: 696
    Options

I doubt they even went through the process of filing a ticket since if they did they would need to provide evidence for it.

• Rydog
    Rydog Member Posts: 3,275
    Options

Heh, just imagine that guy's reaction to old Freddy, who could literally see everyone at all times when they were asleep and outside of his terror radius. I used to use Monitor & Abuse on him, and trick people into thinking they'd gotten away. Man, I miss that.

(But new Freddy is also amazing!)

• HellCatJane
    HellCatJane Member Posts: 698
    Options

So, this game has alot of "questionable" things.. I would call what he did, being ignorance, not trying to falsely report or harassing. I mean, I am sure he genuinely believes it.... And he didn't go out of his way like, if he went to your profile and talked ######### etc. Messaging you to talk ######### etc or even just talking all kinds of other crap in chat to you... like all that stuff is easily harassment. But again, I think he was just upset and really thought you were a cheater. And especially being low ranks, a new player seriously does not know the scratch marks etc. If they never played killer, they have no idea what the killer can see and for HOW LONG... as well..

If someone is mistaken it happens. I think it would help him if he understood the game more, play longer, gained more experience. He'll most likely stop on his own, knowing that it ain't going to do anything (because its not cheating/bannable). Saves others a headache to listen to and he doesn't have to appear "stupid/ignorant". Win/win. Rather than just banning everyone or punishing everybody.

That all being said, I am sure most of those reports get tossed. There are several reading aura's and ..ya.. I just wouldn't worry about it. If they are like other companies it would take several reports of the same thing to "flag" you and such.

• BunnyTheHutt
    BunnyTheHutt Member Posts: 1,773
    Options

I got accused of cheating a while back as well. I've also been reported for simply playing with bad internet (literally got told too not play killer because of it). Unless you are actually breaking the rules the devs won't ban you. some survivors are simply toxic and entitled too a free win, just report them for toxicity and move on, not much else you can do though.

• ShadowReaper11
    ShadowReaper11 Member Posts: 56
    edited October 2019
    Options

i play on console and being called a hacker for playing nurse is a real ego boost that comment made my day. ps 4k btw

• katoptris
    katoptris Member Posts: 3,076
    Options

I got called a hacker cause somehow I knew where everyone was too. I play old Freddy with class photo. Apparently they never knew about this add on.

• AnthonyC2014
    AnthonyC2014 Member Posts: 91
    Options

Got called a hacker for playing Myers.

"You hakked how did u insta down reported gg ez bans"