We are investigating an issue around players not receiving their Grade Rewards today, we will give more information as it becomes available. Apologies for the inconvenience.

Survivors what's more important: Team Mates or Generators

Options
Nutty_Professor
Nutty_Professor Member Posts: 621

So I've decided make a poll to ask the community in their opinion what's more important doing generators or helping a fellow survivor (i.e unhooking, healing)?

For me in my opinion it's always team mates are more important then gens, as you can always come back to a generator but with less team mates getting gens done become a lot harder to complete. Unless that team mate on the hook was more harmful to the team, for example they were just wasting pallets for no reason.

Put your vote in the Poll, and comment below your opinion.

Survivors what's more important: Team Mates or Generators 127 votes

Team Mates
49%
PeanitsHermanTheDoctor RizzoSnakeSound222Darkside84White_OwlPandomJetTheWaffleCatSpartagone45Stormhaven13GoodBoyKaruNoFaceAshleyWBNeonAliendarktrixthrawn3054TheGorgonMicheal_MyersKnucklesAxX7891 63 votes
Generators
50%
myers_obsessionMc_HartyBossDwight_FairfieldArk_the_BonsaiGibberishKebekStevoSpringeyPeasantCetrenMr_Kwill_i_am_14_85PureHostilitySpacingLlamasMegaWaffleInnCognitoSN1P3R5G3TH3ADBBQnDemogorgonCancan71 64 votes

Comments

• Alice_pbg
    Alice_pbg Member Posts: 6,478
    Options
    Team Mates

If I can finish the gen and save the guy before he goes into the next stage, that's what I'll do.

And if you're too far away, I tend to stay at the gen

• TheGorgon
    TheGorgon Member Posts: 777
    edited October 2019
    Options
    Team Mates

Teammates. Without teammates, you're not diminishing the possible time from the generators. Teammates are lethal! If one teammate knows how to loop well, they can be vital for the outcome of the game on the survivors side.

• Peasant
    Peasant Member Posts: 4,104
    Options
    Generators

Don't get me wrong, I'll help the team as best I can. However, the only way I can really help the whole team escape is by doing gens. If the gens don't get done then in the best case scenario only one of us escapes.

• NuclearBurrito
    NuclearBurrito Member Posts: 6,807
    Options
    Generators

Ultimately you want teammates so they can help you do generators.

They are just means to and end. The generators and eventually the gate is the end

• Mochan
    Mochan Member Posts: 2,886
    edited October 2019
    Options
    Team Mates

It really depends.

If the killer is camping, gens are more important. If the killer isn't playing all sweaty, teammates are more important.

Also, if the hooked guy is on the other side of the map it is almost never the optimal play to save them. You simply waste too much time running around. The problem is either your other two teammates are also on your end of the map, or don't really know how to prioritize properly and let the teammate die on hook.

Let me make it very clear: 3v1 is significantly harder for survivors than 4v1. If a killer gets a pick before you finish a single gen you are usually going to lose badly. But finishing 1 gen and still having 4 teammates alive is still a pretty even match.

So teammates are definitely more valuable when not considering killer camping behavior.

• Kebek
    Kebek Member Posts: 3,676
    Options
    Generators

Helping your teammates is great and all sure but gens are far more important. Remember that if everybody plays like teammates are more important then all 3 solo survivors will immediately run to save the hooked person and stop doing gens which is a really bad idea. If nobody does gens, everybody dies in the end. Sometimes it's better to just do a gen and let your teammate hit struggle phase as long as you get a gen out of that trade.

But overall it's really based on situation. Sometimes you're far away so it's better to do a gen and sometimes you're close so it's better to go unhook. Good players can tell when it's better to go save or make a sacrafice so that more survivors escape in the end.

• TheUnendingNightmare
    TheUnendingNightmare Member Posts: 1,172
    Options

Idk but if I was chased for the entire match and finally went down when you finished fixing the last gen...idc you come for me.

• Mr_K
    Mr_K Member Posts: 9,038
    Options
    Generators

Gens before friends

• AngryFluffy
    AngryFluffy Member Posts: 443
    Options
    Team Mates

Depends on the situation, but let's say one is dead, one gets chased and one is on the hook far away and the last gen is on 50%.

If I know the hooked survivor will get sacrificed until I got this last gen done, I'd risk to leave this gen to unhook them anytime. If he's in first stage I would finish this gen and go for the unhook afterwards. Early or mid game I'd try my best not to let the second stage happen and would also leave a gen, even if far away, if I notice nobody else is getting there in time.

• FriendlyGuy
    FriendlyGuy Member Posts: 2,768
    Options
    Team Mates

If the decision is: save a teammate or do a gen, i would always save the teammate. Look at it like this: You can do one gen, but your saved teammate can possibly do multiple gens.

• Carlosylu
    Carlosylu Member Posts: 2,948
    Options

It depends on the situation:

• Teammates getting hooked again and again, 1 or no gens done = Gens are more important
    • 3 gens done, barely any hooked players = Teammates are more important
    • Noob teammates on last hook no gens done = None of them are important, get the unhooks if you can, but don't give the killer a 4k
    • 3 gens done teammates on last hook = If in SWF 1 do gens and 2 go for the save

It's a subjective question for me, depends entirely on the context

• gaydavidking
    gaydavidking Member Posts: 158
    Options
    Team Mates

I try to save everybody as soon as i can when I know it's safe, and I don't even mind trading for them as long as they get out safe.

• Mc_Harty
    Mc_Harty Member Posts: 3,293
    Options
    Generators

Why would I waste time with altruism when gens could be done faster with or without potatoes?

• thrawn3054
    thrawn3054 Member Posts: 5,897
    Options
    Team Mates

It's too situational to say for sure. I'll usually keep on my gen for 30 seconds after they get hooked. If it looks like they aren't going to get saved. Or I know the killer is chasing someone I'll go for the save. I always try to avoid them hitting struggle phase. I suppose I'll go with teammates. As getting another person back in the game increases your odds.

• darktrix
    darktrix Member Posts: 1,790
    Options
    Team Mates

Longer other survivors stay alive, the better your chance at escape. Notice I do not call them team mates.

If they die too quickly, you won't be completing all the gens anyway.

• Ark_the_Bonsai
    Ark_the_Bonsai Member Posts: 867
    Options
  • arslaN
    arslaN Member Posts: 1,936
    Options

It depends. Can't really answer this without any context.

• AshleyWB
    AshleyWB Member Posts: 4,061
    Options
    Team Mates

Teammates are more important because hatch doesn't spawn until you ditch them.

I play for the hatch, I don't do gens.

Just kidding but I thought I'll say that before anyone else did.

• Cetren
    Cetren Member Posts: 984
    Options
    Generators

This is my catchphrase pretty much. Or I'll just chant Gen rush gang over and over until it's finished. Generators are more important guys!

• MegaWaffle
    MegaWaffle Member Posts: 4,172
    Options
    Generators

I'm a very altruistic solo player but it doesn't matter how many people I save, if we don't fix the generators then we don't escape. There is no argument here.

I honestly wish there was a "Both" option to this poll but generators getting completed will always trump teammates, even though both play a major part in the overall match.

• Peanits
    Peanits Dev, Community Manager Posts: 7,382
    Options
    Team Mates

I'd say teammates for the simple reason that leaving someone to die the first time they get hooked is probably going to backfire. That's one fewer person who can work on generators or go for the save for the rest of the game.

Although it really depends on the situation. If you're at a standstill and keep trading saves, the better option is probably to do a generator while things settle.

• Awakey
    Awakey Member Posts: 3,145
    Options
    Generators

Gens before friends.

Rank 1 mindset.

• Nobsyde
    Nobsyde Member Posts: 1,288
    Options
    Generators

Well this is easy, come on!

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,613
    Options
    Generators

I tried to care about Survivors in the beginning, i really did.

But someone would always beat me to the hook-rescue, and people really loved to heal themselves instead of me doing the healing.

So i just stopped caring and started doing Generators.

I mean of course i'll go help if one's dead, one's hooked and one's being chased.

But if the first one got hooked for the first time, you won't see me walk away from the Generator.

• KillermainBTWm8
    KillermainBTWm8 Member Posts: 4,212
    Options

I can't vote. If you're decent you get saved. if not then well gens r best.

• Micheal_Myers
    Micheal_Myers Member Posts: 1,147
    Options
    Team Mates

If you don't have good teammates you won't be as effective with generators...

• SebaOutbreak
    SebaOutbreak Member Posts: 399
    Options

Both.

If your teammates are hooked, dying, or in a chase, your progress on generators will be slowed down.

However, if the whole team goes for altruism, no gens will get done and the killer will eventually get most, if not all of you. You may make some great rescues but they don't mean squat if no one is doing gens.

You just have to know when to prioritize gens and when to go for a save or take a hit. If all 4 players are ready to flex between these two, their chances of surviving will be higher. It's all about balance.

• Spartagone45
    Spartagone45 Member Posts: 122
    Options
    Team Mates

Seeing that I don't do Generators often due to being Chased or Saving. Teammates

• ChiTenshi
    ChiTenshi Member Posts: 877
    edited November 2019
    Options
    Generators

Would have to go with Generators.

Team-mates vary from match to match; the quality of their game-play and their compliance to work with others normally dictates whether or not I save them. They can miss skill-checks and have questionable judgement, but as long as they're willing to try to help I'm willing to unhook them and give them another chance.

If a Survivor unhooks me right near the Killer, doesn't help in the situation (distracting, healing, etc) and proceeds to ignore me whilst working on a gen, I know they just farmed me for points and I'm not likely to save them purely out of spite. Unfortunately, I've been experiencing this too much to consider Survivors more important atm.

• DelsKibara
    DelsKibara Member Posts: 3,127
    Options
    Generators

I don't usually play altruistically, plus I usually bad timing for when to go for saves so I just stick to generators ^^;

• Hoodied
    Hoodied Member Posts: 12,994
    Options
    Team Mates

More survivors alive, more gens done

• Raptorrotas
    Raptorrotas Member Posts: 3,211
    Options

The sad truth is neither of those two options.

As long you outlive your fellow survivors theres always the hatch waiting for you in its allmighty glory, rendering generators useless.

• Sherry
    Sherry Member Posts: 227
    Options
    Team Mates

I saw a video on Youtube about this very thing.

I found it interesting.

When I play, I try to go for the save if they're close by and no one else is going. If they are far, I'll wait for a little bit and see if anyone else is going. If not, I'll go for it. I try to get to them before they go to second stage.

• ABannedCat
    ABannedCat Member Posts: 2,529
    Options
    Generators

Gens before friends.