We are investigating an issue around players not receiving their Grade Rewards today, we will give more information as it becomes available. Apologies for the inconvenience.

Would Killers having unique music chase (ala Shape/Demogorgon) ruin the game?

Options
mistar_z
mistar_z Member Posts: 857

There we some people saying that personalized chase music would ruin the game.

People are against it would say things like; it would be too confusing or it would take away the mystery of what the killer is.

Important! the Heart beat is not the same as the chase music, the heart beat still plays on top of the chase music. Within the killers assigned terror radius.

Some people keep getting confused whenever the topic comes up, thinking that the heartbeat is the same thing as the music and that wouldn't play if it means a killer has a unique chase music.

Important 2! Music is not directional like the heartbeat. This means you'll still get a sense of direction from the heartbeat.

Unique Music plays when you're about 16 meters inside of the killers terror radius, at that point, there's a chance you've already seen them.

Chase Music plays when the killer already has you in your camera and you both trigger the chase event. So there is no taking away of the mystery because you both already see each other.

Would Killers having unique music chase (ala Shape/Demogorgon) ruin the game? 33 votes

Yes
3%
OmegaXII 1 vote
No
90%
Science_GuyBossArk_the_BonsaizacmangamingVolantConch1719WickedMilk03Spartagone45MiriamGSpacingLlamasSN1P3R5G3TH3ADMicheal_MyersbubbascalOMagic_ManOGrootDudeBigbootiejudy666KillermainBTWm8TheVVitchrch614musstang62AngryFluffy 30 votes
Other
6%
xEaImpala 2 votes

Comments

• xEa
    xEa Member Posts: 4,105
    Options
    Other

It would not ruin the game per se, but i am more then satisfied with the current music.

• Impala
    Impala Member Posts: 145
    Options
    Other

I'm 50/50 with this one, on the one hand I'd love seeing new music added into the game (one youtuber created a really fine piece for the spirit) but on the other hand it would take away the mistery of what killer it is.

I really appreciate DbD's version of "The Shape Stalks" though.

• Bigbootiejudy666
    Bigbootiejudy666 Member Posts: 407
    Options
    No

I would love to see personalized music for all the killers , It would make them even more unique.

• Ark_the_Bonsai
    Ark_the_Bonsai Member Posts: 867
    Options
    No

Gimme more, gimme more or get out the door.

• Raven014
    Raven014 Member Posts: 4,188
    Options
    No

No, just because if you know what you're looking for, you'll usually know what killer it is in the first minute of the game.

However, as some of the others have said, if every killer had their own music, then you would instinctively know what killer it is, ruining the mystery.

My proposition is if they ever implement this, that if the survivor doesn't "see" the killer, keep the music random, but when the survivor knows what killer it is, then it uses the specialized music.

• OmegaXII
    OmegaXII Member Posts: 2,169
    Options
    Yes

lol I wrongly vote the poll