Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Change to We're gonna live forever

The new effect is when you unhook a survivor using were gonna live forever the survivor you unhooked gets a short sprint burst or dead hard so they can get away from the killer in that moment when the killers tryin to decide whether to tunnel or not. It would discourage tunneling..... Maybe?..

Comments

• MimimiLalala
    MimimiLalala Member Posts: 37

or,.... the hooked survivor can just use sprint burst/dead hard... and use them after getting unhooked?

• Glossed
    Glossed Member Posts: 49

We're gonna live forever is a perk based off being altruistic. It rewards you for being a teammate player. Bring Borrowed time that could help. Every Survivor and every killer has a way they want to play. If they want to tunnel that is there decision.

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095

Why do you want to buff a BP perk?

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

@ApacheLand said:
    The new effect is when you unhook a survivor using were gonna live forever the survivor you unhooked gets a short sprint burst or dead hard so they can get away from the killer in that moment when the killers tryin to decide whether to tunnel or not. It would discourage tunneling..... Maybe?..

It is your job not to unhook in front of the killer and thus discouraging tunneling

• Freudentrauma
    Freudentrauma Member Posts: 1,053

@Tsulan said:

I think the problem with We're gonna live forever is that it only gives you Bloodpoints and has no use during a trial in comparison to other BP perks like Distressing, BBQ, No One Left Behind. That makes it feel kinda useless or like a waste, because it's only there for points.
    I personally think it would be a better perk design, if it would have another effect. The big question is what it should be, because it shouldn't be stronger than BBQ.

• Shadoureon
    Shadoureon Member Posts: 493

I wrote in a different thread I think WGLF should get a similar treatment as BBQ & Chilli. After unhooking a survivor the unhooked survivor sees the killers aura withing 12/24/36m. If you dont see the aura you are safe. Its a reverse aura reading ability compared to the killer perk.

• Yuu_Incredible
    Yuu_Incredible Member Posts: 27

Hm, it's hard to give it an effect that's not too strong and also fits with other situations, besides unhooking, that rewards you with a stack, like flashlight saves, pallet saves und taking a hit while body blocking.

• Tsulan

@Freudentrauma said:

@Tsulan said:

I think the problem with We're gonna live forever is that it only gives you Bloodpoints and has no use during a trial in comparison to other BP perks like Distressing, BBQ, No One Left Behind. That makes it feel kinda useless or like a waste, because it's only there for points.
    I personally think it would be a better perk design, if it would have another effect. The big question is what it should be, because it shouldn't be stronger than BBQ.

Distressing and No One Left Behind are kinda pointless right now. Since their bonus is so tiny and bound to ingame points, that they are not worth the waste of a perk slot.

There should be more perks like WGLF. Enabling people to use full farm builds, but gimping their game by doing so.

• Jack11803
    Jack11803 Member Posts: 3,930

@Tsulan said:

@Freudentrauma said:

@Tsulan said:

Distressing and No One Left Behind are kinda pointless right now. Since their bonus is so tiny and bound to ingame points, that they are not worth the waste of a perk slot.

There should be more perks like WGLF. Enabling people to use full farm builds, but gimping their game by doing so.

Do you think BBQ should be split into 2 perks? Serious question.

• Tsulan

@Jack11803 said:

@Tsulan said:

@Freudentrauma said:

@Tsulan said:

No.
    BBQ is working as intended. It shows the killer a new target and gives him an incentive to go for it.
    BBQ has reduced camping more than every other perk.
    If you split it into 2 perks, killers would just use the extra BP version and camp.
    The aura reading alone is not strong enough to take it.

• Jack11803

@Tsulan said:

@Jack11803 said:

@Tsulan said:

@Freudentrauma said:

@Tsulan said:

No.
    BBQ is working as intended. It shows the killer a new target and gives him an incentive to go for it.
    If you split it into 2 perks, killers would just use the extra BP version and camp.

I know there is, but for irony’s sake, I need to say this. “What are the counterplays to BBQ?”

• Freudentrauma
    Freudentrauma Member Posts: 1,053

@Tsulan said:

It's true that does two perks come from a time, when perk design was kinda different with BP bonuses. But the general idea to create a BP bonus perk with an additional effect, is what I wanted to talk about. NOIB is actually a good example. Gives you more points in altruism, and perform them quicker as soon as the gates are powered. It gives you an incentive to change your playstyle and it's effect helps you during a trial while performing it.
    BBQ works quite similar with it's Aura reading, because it tries to help you to locate your missing stacks.
    WGLF on the other hand does nothing like that. It requires to change your playstyle, but that's it. There is nothin that is helping you or those who get unhooked by you a little bit. Which allows people to handle this perk quite differently and lead me not to trust those who run his perk, because 90% of times, somebody uses it, they turn out to be the most selfish farming players in the world. Not caring if a hook is unsafe or not.
    Look I'm not asking for an op meta game effect. But at least something that encourage the player to play it more safely and as intended.

• Tsulan

@Jack11803 said:

@Tsulan said:

@Jack11803 said:

@Tsulan said:

@Freudentrauma said:

@Tsulan said:

No.

I know there is, but for irony’s sake, I need to say this. “What are the counterplays to BBQ?”

Being in the terror radius when he hooks someone
    Hide behind an unrepaired gen.
    Run into one direction, count to 4 then run into the other direction.
    Stand still for 4 seconds, then run.

• Jack11803

@Tsulan said:

@Jack11803 said:

@Tsulan said:

@Jack11803 said:

@Tsulan said:

@Freudentrauma said:

@Tsulan said:

No.

And if you counter the perk? And he’s sees no aura? He camps right?

• Tsulan

@Freudentrauma said:

@Tsulan said:

It's true that does two perks come from a time, when perk design was kinda different with BP bonuses. But the general idea to create a BP bonus perk with an additional effect, is what I wanted to talk about. NOIB is actually a good example. Gives you more points in altruism, and perform them quicker as soon as the gates are powered. It gives you an incentive to change your playstyle and it's effect helps you during a trial while performing it.
    BBQ works quite similar with it's Aura reading, because it tries to help you to locate your missing stacks.
    WGLF on the other hand does nothing like that. It requires to change your playstyle, but that's it. There is nothin that is helping you or those who get unhooked by you a little bit. Which allows people to handle this perk quite differently and lead me not to trust those who run his perk, because 90% of times, somebody uses it, they turn out to be the most selfish farming players in the world. Not caring if a hook is unsafe or not.
    Look I'm not asking for an op meta game effect. But at least something that encourage the player to play it more safely and as intended.

I use it on every survivor. Usually together with BT and We´ll make it.
    Works like a charm. I get tons of points, and the survivor usually can escape even a camping killer.

• Tsulan

@Jack11803 said:

@Tsulan said:

@Jack11803 said:

@Tsulan said:

@Jack11803 said:

@Tsulan said:

@Freudentrauma said:

@Tsulan said:

No.

And if you counter the perk? And he’s sees no aura? He camps right?

Correct.

• Jack11803

@Tsulan

So several killers I talked to, they said it’s okay that it’s strong, only because it stops camping, then called me stupid, for “wanting to increase camping by nerfing it”. And then when I say “hey, maybe the aura thing should be it’s own separate perk, it’s kinda really strong” they say, well just counter it. Then when I do, they camp, this eliminates the argument of “this perk shouldn’t be nerfed cuz less camp”. So why do people talk in circles like this? I don’t get it?

• Tsulan

@Jack11803 said:
    @Tsulan

So several killers I talked to, they said it’s okay that it’s strong, only because it stops camping, then called me stupid, for “wanting to increase camping by nerfing it”. And then when I say “hey, maybe the aura thing should be it’s own separate perk, it’s kinda really strong” they say, well just counter it. Then when I do, they camp, this eliminates the argument of “this perk shouldn’t be nerfed cuz less camp”. So why do people talk in circles like this? I don’t get it?

As survivor you defeat the purpose of BBQ by avoiding it.
    Killer can only leave the hook if he has a new target. If you deny that, he assumes that everyone else is closeby.
    Possible solution would be to eliminate the possibility of hiding behind a gen.

• Runiver
    Runiver Member Posts: 2,095

@Jack11803
    BBQ & Chili aura reading ain't that strong. It has limitations, and the red aura gens have been made also for that purpose.

It "eventually" limits camping, or more like, reward non-campers.
    And it deserves an extra aura effect for a sole reason : killers, unlike survivors, cannot afford to have one empty perk slot to deal with survivors, especially at high ranks.

Maybe, when the game will be somewhat more balanced, you could afford to make WGLF stronger, we'll discuss about WGLF.

Additionally, in the eyes of devs, it's way easier to earn WGLF tokens than it is to get BBQ tokens, which also explains the difference. Aka : Bodyblocking, Flashlight saves, pallet saves, taking a hit for a wounded survivor, at the exit gates especially, and rescuing doesn't even require you to rescue a different survivor everytime.

In any case I can only tell you one thing : WGLF isn't on the buff table right now as it is, but devs do read suggestions that may come out in time.
    The only resort you got is to keep asking I suppose. But you'll have hard time convaincing devs to buff a perk they did chose to nerf (because it killed the killer player base that migrated to survivor due to its sole existence making Killers not worth playing anymore). Just look at killers trying to make PWYF/STBFL viable for about 1 year and a half now.

• Jack11803

@Tsulan said:

@Jack11803 said:
    @Tsulan

Killer can only leave the hook if he has a new target. If you deny that, he assumes that everyone else is closeby.

Then billy, who is already insanely strong with that perk, would be more disgusting. I’ve made several points from different views to finally set this up. To pick st every corner to see the reply. And now that I have, they all contradict, you CANT completely counter BBQ, it DOESN’T stop camping. So why not nerf or split such a strong perk? Obviously DS and SB need a nerf. But you can’t say, “oh this perks fine because other perks are op too.”

• Jack11803

@Runiver

I think the main reason people don’t see eye to eye with me, is my perk suggestions, I want with a balanced game, not a knee jerk bandaid. So when thinking of the idea, I basically imagine the game balanced. As perks shouldn’t revolve around what’s currently the stronger side. They should just plain and simple; be fair and useful.

• Runiver
    Runiver Member Posts: 2,095

@Jack11803
    The most logical would be to simply remove the BP function to both WGLF/BBQ, and make these a passive. Perk slots should be for fun and mecanics, not for the grinding.
    Then you could (obviously) consider a rework for WGLF into an actual fun mecanic.

That would be balanced and way more interesting, at least in my opinion. But my opinion does not matter much.

• Jack11803

@Runiver said:
    @Jack11803
    The most logical would be to simply remove the BP function to both WGLF/BBQ, and make these a passive. Perk slots should be for fun and mecanics, not for the grinding.
    Then you could (obviously) consider a rework for WGLF into an actual fun mecanic.

That would be balanced and way more interesting, at least in my opinion. But my opinion does not matter much.

Sure, why not.

• Tsulan

@Jack11803 said:

@Tsulan said:

@Jack11803 said:
    @Tsulan

Then billy, who is already insanely strong with that perk, would be more disgusting. I’ve made several points from different views to finally set this up. To pick st every corner to see the reply. And now that I have, they all contradict, you CANT completely counter BBQ, it DOESN’T stop camping. So why not nerf or split such a strong perk? Obviously DS and SB need a nerf. But you can’t say, “oh this perks fine because other perks are op too.”

What´s with Billy?
    Just do the other 3 things after a hook.
    No killer, not Billy, nor Nurse can pass 40 meters in 4 seconds.

• Jack11803

@Tsulan said:

@Jack11803 said:

@Tsulan said:

@Jack11803 said:
    @Tsulan

What´s with Billy?

Billy can get close enough for a fake out be impossible. The whole hiding mechanic is based on stealth killers suprisingbyou but having low offense, and strong killers having a warning. This gives you about 12 seconds to act. Billy gives you about 4, which is a tiny amount and basically means squat in the nearest corner and if you’re not p3 Claudette kiss your ass goodbye,

• Tsulan

@Jack11803 said:

@Tsulan said:

@Jack11803 said:

@Tsulan said:

@Jack11803 said:
    @Tsulan

What´s with Billy?

Billy can get close enough for a fake out be impossible. The whole hiding mechanic is based on stealth killers suprisingbyou but having low offense, and strong killers having a warning. This gives you about 12 seconds to act. Billy gives you about 4, which is a tiny amount and basically means squat in the nearest corner and if you’re not p3 Claudette kiss your ass goodbye,

That´s simply not true. Hide or run. But he can´t reach you in those 4 seconds (which effectivly are 3, because the aura starts during the hook animation). Then he loses another second or two when he tries to pinpoint you. After that he charges his chainsaw (aura reading already over) and starts rushing into your direction.
    Even without obstacles (and there are a lot) he can´t reach you, if you run and hide.

• AlexAnarchy
    AlexAnarchy Member Posts: 685

@ApacheLand said:

BT BT BT

• Jack11803

@Tsulan said:

@Jack11803 said:

@Tsulan said:

@Jack11803 said:

@Tsulan said:

@Jack11803 said:
    @Tsulan

What´s with Billy?

That´s simply not true. Hide or run. But he can´t reach you in those 4 seconds (which effectivly are 3, because the aura starts during the hook animation). Then he loses another second or two when he tries to pinpoint you. After that he charges his chainsaw (aura reading already over) and starts rushing into your direction.
    Even without obstacles (and there are a lot) he can´t reach you, if you run and hide.

I meant 8 seconds, as the aura you cant hide during. So 4 seconds of free actions. And these are worst case, as they may be less common, but you still shouldn’t ignore the possibility.

• Tsulan

@Jack11803 said:

@Tsulan said:

@Jack11803 said:

@Tsulan said:

@Jack11803 said:

@Tsulan said:

@Jack11803 said:
    @Tsulan

What´s with Billy?

I meant 8 seconds, as the aura you cant hide during. So 4 seconds of free actions. And these are worst case, as they may be less common, but you still shouldn’t ignore the possibility.

All i could understand was 8 seconds.

• HeroLives
    HeroLives Member Posts: 1,985
    As a someone who plays both but mainly survivor leave the killer perks alone. I think they deserve good things and we do too. Buff bbqac and buff sb. Buff everything on both sides. #letsgetridiculous