Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

PTB Release Time

CthulhuSE
CthulhuSE Member Posts: 16

What time does the PTB release? I'm wondering if I should stay up tonight or go to sleep

Comments

• Queen_Shepis
    Queen_Shepis Member Posts: 39

in the past it was released at around 11am Canadian time. So it depends on where you're living :)
    It could also be a different time. I'm just guessing based on the previous times a dlc, ptb or sth else has been released.

• CthulhuSE

alright thanks mate

• Ik, I want to see these pallet changes and if they dont change anything, I am out.

• Slaanesh
    Slaanesh Member Posts: 4

@MrChills said:
    Ik, I want to see these pallet changes and if they dont change anything, I am out.

Have you seen the latest dev stream?
    I think they will implement it in the PTB.

• Azgard12
    Azgard12 Member Posts: 335

@MrChills said:
    Ik, I want to see these pallet changes and if they dont change anything, I am out.

What exactly are you hoping for?

• @Azgard12 said:

@MrChills said:

the pallet changes they showcased on the dev stream. That's all i want. Idk why I got downvoted, it's boring to run in circles.

• ThePloopz
    ThePloopz Member Posts: 1,010
    MrChills said:

@Azgard12 said:

@MrChills said:

the pallet changes they showcased on the dev stream. That's all i want. Idk why I got downvoted, it's boring to run in circles.

You’re still going to be running in circles just not as long. I think it may take out one loop, it may not even take out any loops for some killers
  • Slaanesh
    Slaanesh Member Posts: 4

The pallet vacuum getting removed is a good move from the dev.

• weirdkid5
    weirdkid5 Member Posts: 2,144
    ThePloopz said:
    MrChills said:

@Azgard12 said:

@MrChills said:

You’re still going to be running in circles just not as long. I think it may take out one loop, it may not even take out any loops for some killers
    The removal of the vacuum will make a noticeable difference to people that try to loop every little inch possible.

You no longer will be able to hit space the moment you get close to the pallet, it'll make you stay the same side if you spam space. Before it mattered if you were holding forward or not, now it depends on the side of the pallet you're on. So, you have to wait until you're on the OTHER side before you hit space, then the survivor will throw the pallet behind them.

This makes a huge difference because hits that would have otherwise hit, actually WILL land this time, because the vacuum quite literally teleported the survivors hitbox to the other side the moment they hit space. Any "trades" were because of lag.

Now you have to either throw the pallet much earlier which cuts down on loop time, OR make sure you know the distance properly, or else you will eat a trade with the Killer.
  • Vancold
    Vancold Member Posts: 188

They'll remove pick-up vacuum for the killers too. Finally players will have to learn how and when to pick up survivors, in order to avoid flashlights; just because now it's incredibly easy and only an armless killer could be bothered by that item, it doesn't mean they don't have to learn how to counter it. So, killers of the world, try to see which items are in the hands of survivors and try to play differently, based off what you're facing, instead of randomly rely on picking up survivors 6 meters away from a wall.

• UpsetHillbilly
    UpsetHillbilly Member Posts: 11
    edited May 2018

@Vancold said:
    They'll remove pick-up vacuum for the killers too. Finally players will have to learn how and when to pick up survivors, in order to avoid flashlights; just because now it's incredibly easy and only an armless killer could be bothered by that item, it doesn't mean they don't have to learn how to counter it. So, killers of the world, try to see which items are in the hands of survivors and try to play differently, based off what you're facing, instead of randomly rely on picking up survivors 6 meters away from a wall.

It just sounds kind of petty when you talk about a 10ms advantage for the Killer when picking someone up or hooking someone. Most of the "vacuum" you see there is because of lag. When you're playing an online game, the Killer is never exactly where you think they are, same for your survivor's position. This is why some lunges feel like they shouldn't have hit because the Killer seemed further away when he was really closer than you thought due to lag.

• Vancold
    Vancold Member Posts: 188

@UpsetHillbilly said:
    It just sounds kind of petty when you talk about a 10ms advantage for the Killer when picking someone up or hooking someone. Most of the "vacuum" you see there is because of lag. When you're playing an online game, the Killer is never exactly where you think they are, same for your survivor's position. This is why some lunges feel like they shouldn't have hit because the Killer seemed further away when he was really closer than you thought due to lag.

Not quite. The devs stated it's a "real" issue and they'll fix it. It works the same as the pallets vacuum and it basically nullifies Flashlights as a whole. Hook related vacuum is less meaningful, but it does interfere with the take-a-hit for the team strategy.

• UpsetHillbilly
    edited May 2018

@Vancold said:

@UpsetHillbilly said:

Not quite. The devs stated it's a "real" issue and they'll fix it. It works the same as the pallets vacuum and it basically nullifies Flashlights as a whole. Hook related vacuum is less meaningful, but it does interfere with the take-a-hit for the team strategy.

I mean "issue"? The Killer wins maybe 1 second of time in a game where winning time is the most important thing for the Killer. How people even complain about something so super minor boggles me, but that's just the nature of the game I guess. If Killer gets something good Survivors need it too.

• sixtysixpointsix
    sixtysixpointsix Member Posts: 1

so is the ptb up and how do i know?

• Sinistrous
    Sinistrous Member Posts: 44

@SaltyKiller said:
    I'm more concerned that removing the pick up vacuum might result in what happened a couple of months back where if you pick up a Survivor who is anywhere near a pallet another guy can hit it at any time he wants and save the guy.

That was not a fun two weeks let me tell you.

That wasn't an accident, it was the developers being stupid. It won't happen again I can assure you.

• weirdkid5
    weirdkid5 Member Posts: 2,144

@SaltyKiller said:
    7:20 AM and it's still not out. :(

Most places don't even open until 8am my dude

• UpsetHillbilly

It's still very very early for the devs. Give them a chance to wake up, check up on things to see if they're actually ready to go, they might have to delay it if they feel something still needs fixing first.

• 51uk4y
    51uk4y Member Posts: 34

What is actually the pick up or hooking vacuum though? Is it about not being able to pallet stun and get a survivor off the killer's shoulder?

• MandragoreSedses
    MandragoreSedses Member Posts: 2
    edited May 2018

It's 3 pm for me and the PTB is still not outt, I can't wait anymore, but saddly I have to.... :(

• TheScarletPotion
    TheScarletPotion Member Posts: 46

I'm having the longest day in work waiting for the ptb I'm so excited for later!!

• CthulhuSE

Well, if it is releasing at 11 am Canada time, it should be out soon!

• jennerz
    jennerz Member Posts: 2

I'm having the longest day in work waiting for the ptb I'm so excited for later

Same here!!!!! The clock better move faster!

• CthulhuSE

Alright its out now! see you guys in the realms