Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Why camp the flashlight save guy? Its a game mechanic

First, I play survivor. Second, I fully endorse camping when someone does like 99% of the things that survivors do that warrant it (tbagging click click flashlights looping etc.) Why camp someone who gets a flashlight save though? Like I find a yellow flashlight no addons, and happen to blind the killer, thats like an automatic red emblem for altruistic. Now I gotta loop you the rest of the game because of the salt.

Comments

• Jack11803
    Jack11803 Member Posts: 3,930

So is camping. And because it gives a power trip to some

• ChesterTheMolester
    ChesterTheMolester Member Posts: 2,771
    edited July 2018
    I know its sounds ironic and absurd but that depends on the map too, if its open and i can't face any walls and therefore are not able to pick anyone up i'll have to tunnel the flashlight user just so i can get other people.
  • Vortexas
    Vortexas Member Posts: 757

You Flashlight Save someone you just volunteered for a camping trip.

That's life.

• Envees
    Envees Member Posts: 370

@qpwoeiruty said:
    First, I play survivor. Second, I fully endorse camping when someone does like 99% of the things that survivors do that warrant it (tbagging click click flashlights looping etc.) Why camp someone who gets a flashlight save though? Like I find a yellow flashlight no addons, and happen to blind the killer, thats like an automatic red emblem for altruistic. Now I gotta loop you the rest of the game because of the salt.

Since you admit to play surv that means you do not know the killers side of having somebody pop off your back cos of a flashlight. You, the flashlight holder, just got somebody off of me after i spent a great deal of time and effort to get them. Now, with one clicky clicky they get off and get to do it all over again. So that means you are now a higher threat to any future hooks than the person who got off. Since you do not play killer this does not make sense to you but you just climbed the threat ladder a whole bunch with your actions. You, potentially, can do the same thing to the next person i catch. Am i going to let that happen again? No.

might be hard for you to understand but its a pretty simple concept, really.

• Russ76
    Russ76 Member Posts: 306
    The catch is Killers hate flashlights.  I am no exception when I am playing killer.  But with the DS nerf coming soon the number of flashlights is bound to go up.  Not trying to be toxic just facing reality.  I have never run DS other than when I was trying to get my adept, but after the change goes into effect I will make sure one of the survivors has a flashlight, and if no one has one you can bet I will carry it.
  • Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095

Carrying a Flashlight draws a huge target on your back. If several survivors carry a flashlight, i´ll ignore other survivors in benefit of killing the flashlights.

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095

@Amanda55 said:

@Tsulan said:
    Carrying a Flashlight draws a huge target on your back. If several survivors carry a flashlight, i´ll ignore other survivors in benefit of killing the flashlights.

Franklin's demise is the best perk ever made imo.

I agree. They never should have nerfed it.

• Envees
    Envees Member Posts: 370

@Russ76 said:
    The catch is Killers hate flashlights.  I am no exception when I am playing killer.  But with the DS nerf coming soon the number of flashlights is bound to go up.  Not trying to be toxic just facing reality.  I have never run DS other than when I was trying to get my adept, but after the change goes into effect I will make sure one of the survivors has a flashlight, and if no one has one you can bet I will carry it.

This was my prediction. Killer is animation locked by DS and can only spin in circles for what will be an eternity while the vultures with multiple flashlights will blind from all angles. Killers are already questioning if being blinded from the side was "slipped" in since i have seen clips of nearly blocked frontal areas yet the survs were able to blind. They only had the chance to blind from the side and it worked.

• SovererignKing
    SovererignKing Member Posts: 1,273
    You’re a higher priority target due to the fact you got a flashlight save. What’s to say you won’t be able to do it again, and again, and again. If you got the timing right the first time, Killers don’t want to give you the chance to do so again. 

Like in any game, Kill the support player first. (Kill the healer before the DPS and Tanks). 
  • Russ76
    Envees said:

@Russ76 said:

This was my prediction. Killer is animation locked by DS and can only spin in circles for what will be an eternity while the vultures with multiple flashlights will blind from all angles. Killers are already questioning if being blinded from the side was "slipped" in since i have seen clips of nearly blocked frontal areas yet the survs were able to blind. They only had the chance to blind from the side and it worked.

No idea about the flashlighting from the side being slipped in.  Anyway I hate flashlights.  As a killer it feels like every survivor blinds me, and as a survivor I have only gotten the stun off if killer was breaking a pallet. Didn't know how toxic that was seen at the time.  Anyway after the DS nerf you can bet I will be practicing with them.
  • Delfador
    Delfador Member Posts: 2,552

@qpwoeiruty said:

It is not salt, it is pure logic. I am a survivor main and I am garbage at flashlight saves. So lets say that there is a claudette and she is really good at flashlight saves. If the killer can find her and down her, he should camp her because even if she dies and drops her item, and i pick it up, I won't be able to save people with it.

This is why generally flashlight saver guys use the most powerful perks in the game like DS. They know what will happen to them if they get caught and generally they are good loopers.

My advice to you is that you should not use any kind of flashlight until you can loop a killer for 3-5 gens.

• Mc_Harty
    Mc_Harty Member Posts: 3,293

You save someone with a flashlight, that killer is going to be aware of your shenanigans.

Fool me once...

• MasochistFreddyMain
    MasochistFreddyMain Member Posts: 42
    Vortexas said:

You Flashlight Save someone you just volunteered for a camping trip.

That's life.

He has a point. Most people do bring flashlights camping. 
  • jaerthebear
    jaerthebear Member Posts: 212
    BECAUSE MY RETINAS ARE SENSITIVE 
  • Russ76
    BECAUSE MY RETINAS ARE SENSITIVE 
    I wish I could change the screen to go black instead of white as that would be easier on my eyes.
  • Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

@qpwoeiruty said:

Camping someone is just a game mechanic too btw, in case you didnt know :wink:
    Oh and saving someone with a flashlight gives you the same feeling as being striked by DS, it takes away all the accomplishment that you earned during the chase

• Cetren
    Cetren Member Posts: 985
    And so is camping! Case closed, bye everyone, thanks for showing up logic, see you next time unnecessary thread. 
  • Raccoon
    Raccoon Member Posts: 7,693
    Why kill the person preventing me from doing my objective?

Potato.
  • Lowbei
    Lowbei Member Posts: 2,637
    pickup animation flashlight exploiting is ridiculous and somehow hasnt been fixed in years.

simply give players control of the camera during the animation. 
  • DocFabron
    DocFabron Member Posts: 2,410
    Flashlight makes you a bigger threat. You're ruining my chances of winning so therefore you have to die first