We are investigating an issue in the game that causes strobing/flashing lights, and are focused on fixing it as soon as possible. Some players may be impacted by this issue and experience discomfort from it, so we recommend taking proper precautions.

And until we fix this issue, we recommend that players with photosensitivity, or who have an epileptic condition or have had seizures of any kind consult their physician before playing.

As a survivor do you like slugging?

Options
douggie123
douggie123 Member Posts: 1,316

As a survivor do you like slugging? 74 votes

Yes
22%
HermanTheDoctor FibijeanJacoby2041whammigobambamKsonipremiumRICECarlosyluJokerIsLokiForceful_SporkxAlkarix[Deleted User]WickedKatzTunnelVisionKa1roHaddixClaudettesUnclecralo 17 votes
No
48%
BossArk_the_BonsaiStevoMister_xDGalklifedouggie123Spartagone45arslaNbrokedownpalaceMicheal_MyersElkKnucklesStinkyAven_FallenCJsDBDPandiferGrootDudexEaDreskiKillermainBTWm8 36 votes
Depends on mood
28%
ThatbrownmonsterWhite_OwlMonsterInMyMindGibberishruktTeambossFloze0h_DoctorXpikselse05239TragicSolitudethen4321PigsterRicardiBacardiMysticAdvisorAwakeyfluffymareep8obot1cfly_172ChiTenshiGreentheNinja 21 votes

Comments

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,613
    edited October 2019
    Options
    No

It's practically the same as being stunned as Killer to me.

Granted you can still move, but it's so slow and you can't really do anything else.

Terribly boring to me.

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 15,186
    Options
    No

No, I dont want to do a soil study.

• GrootDude
    GrootDude Member Posts: 14,110
    Options
    No

I don’t care if killers do it to me but it isn’t the most fun thing.

• TragicSolitude
    TragicSolitude Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 6,685
    Options
    Depends on mood

If it's a choice between being slugged and being hooked, I usually prefer being slugged. It's not exactly fun, but some killers do it to allow the match to continue longer or in place of sacrificing, and I appreciate that.

If the killer is going for the 4k and I'm spending the full bleedout timer on the ground, that's never fun. I wish I could "concede" and leave my husk there, getting my points and moving on to a new match.

• Rydog
    Rydog Member Posts: 3,275
    Options
    No

As a survivor, do I like it? No, of course not. I don't think anyone likes crawling around on the ground and not playing the game.

But I do understand why it's in the game. I get why, if I'm one of the last two survivors in the match, the killer downs me and then leaves me there. I do it too, depending on the situation. It's just part of the game.

• rukt
    rukt Member Posts: 13
    Options
    Depends on mood

It sucks to be slugged but unless you are running at least 2 anti-gen perks you kind of have to.

I think people forgot that they increased hook time by 40 seconds because of face camping. (This was when there was no BT and unhook from any direction.)

2 minutes on the hook is to long. There is even a perk to pause it now too. I say revert it back to 40 seconds per state.

There is no benefit to hooking a survivor as a killer. I can 4k by just downing someone and playing of alturism. I can't really play off unhooks unless I'm camping and even if I was there is BT, exhaustion reset, body blocking and more.

If gens are going to be this fast and get done it 30 second sthem hooks should match too.

• Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669
    Options
    No

as a survivor i basically dislike anything that makes me lose...

like, i wont go around and party after getting killed, obviously xD

i mostly dont really mind, however if the killer has been playing like a prick and then goes and slugs the 3rd survivor to deny me hatch, i dont feel like he really deserves the 4k...

• Lucama
    Lucama Member Posts: 461
    Options
    No

I don't think anyone will say "yes I enjoy cosplaying a mollusc", but I get why killers do it, cause I know why I do it when I play killer.

• Micheal_Myers
    Micheal_Myers Member Posts: 1,147
    Options
    No

Nope, feels kinda unfair. I wished Ash's flop perk was base survivor mechanic but you know...

• Gibberish
    Gibberish Member Posts: 1,047
    Options
    Depends on mood

I dont really "like it", but I understand why it exists and I dont think it should be changed or anything.

• fluffymareep
    fluffymareep Member Posts: 634
    Options
    Depends on mood

Sometimes killers will slug you as a form of mercy. Like if you're first found or if someone farms you. That way, they still get pressure while they're pursuing someone else.

• HellCatJane
    HellCatJane Member Posts: 698
    Options

If I have tenacity and unbreakable.. I definitely don't mind.

In fact they can leave me for awhile, I don't mind. 😎

• se05239
    se05239 Member Posts: 3,919
    Options
    Depends on mood

I don't like being slugged but I understand why killers do it, so I don't mind most of the time. If I don't feel like getting slugged, I'll put on anti-slugging perks to counter it.

• Fibijean
    Fibijean Member Posts: 8,342
    Options
    Yes

I enjoy cosplaying a mollusc. Especially a superfast mollusc with the ability to get up and run away whenever I feel like it.

I like being slugged because it gives me the opportunity to use some of my favourite perks. And even if I don't have the perks equipped, it feels like a second chance. I lost the chase, but I didn't get punished with a hook, and now I can crawl away or recover and most likely be back on my feet soon enough, none the worse for wear.

• Atrushan88
    Atrushan88 Member Posts: 2,084
    Options
    No

I dislike slugging in general, but it also depends on what stage of the game it's at for HOW MUCH I dislike it. If they're slugging for the 4k, screw them for using it to have an easy 4k. If they're doing it mid game and it wasn't tunneling(as in they didn't come directly back to the hook while staying JUST outside of TR range to slug me and chase the new survivor), then I don't mind it so much.

• White_Owl
    White_Owl Member Posts: 3,785
    Options
    Depends on mood

The thing I hate the most about it is that I never get slugged when I play with Unbreakable X(

• whammigobambam
    whammigobambam Member Posts: 1,201
    Options
    Yes

I will slug if no gens are done and everyone is on death hook.

• Carlosylu
    Carlosylu Member Posts: 2,948
    Options
    Yes

If it's a tactic, yes, if it's just to 4 men slug the team no

• premiumRICE
    premiumRICE Member Posts: 798
    Options
    Yes

Missing the option indifferent. So yesh since it doesnt trouble me id say yes

• cralo
    cralo Member Posts: 10
    Options
    Yes

Flip Flop + Unbreakable + that tapp perk = uh oh

• 8obot1c
    8obot1c Member Posts: 1,129
    Options
    Depends on mood

Hello slugger, I would like to introduce my friends to you

so right here is Tenacity

And over here is unbreakable. He is very popular

And over there is flip flop. A bit shy, but can surprise people sometimes.

Oh and finally here is iron will. He is really quiet so be gentle

• savevatznick
    savevatznick Member Posts: 651
    Options

Literally the same thing as being on the hook.

• Raven014
    Raven014 Member Posts: 4,188
    Options
    No

I don't think anyone really like to be slugged or slug in general. The only reason I slug is just to be able to get a 4k if I can. If I don't think I can, or have BBQ, then I won't slug. At all.

• Raven014
    Raven014 Member Posts: 4,188
    Options
    No

I love flip flop as a perk. It's saved me every time I've used it, and is surprisingly viable. It basically earned me the Adept Ash achievement. It's the only Ash perk I like.

And I love the pic they have on it. A single wink saying: you got this.

• ClaudettesUncle
    ClaudettesUncle Member Posts: 29
    edited October 2019
    Options
    Yes

Adapting with my surroundings...

Ignoring the pain...