We are investigating an issue around players not receiving their Grade Rewards today, we will give more information as it becomes available. Apologies for the inconvenience.

Do You Use The Shrine?

Options
Theoretical_Heart
Theoretical_Heart Member Posts: 398

Do You Use The Shrine? 188 votes

Yes. I use it to get perks I don't have.
34%
WINTERSTapeKnotHatCreatureRainbowPatooieCancan71Dolphin9192MisterCremasterYamaokaStinkyKabupootis_BearAuron471DonnycJoao_BandicootBjarioDWolfAlphaAngryFluffyNullSp3cShadowReaper11premiumRICE 65 votes
Yes. I use it to get BP since I have the perks I want.
34%
Mc_HartyJackikinsLuigifan64GibberishStevoCamoRangerPandomicemancatInjiIhatelifeniemniemnieeemSlaughterhouse3XaggySpartagone45Edwardo13579AkumaGoodBoyKaruindieeden7arslaNXpiksel 64 votes
No. It's too expensive to get perks from the shrine, I save for cosmetics
25%
twistedmonkeyBossWhite_OwlArk_the_BonsaiKebekMister_xDYucchiVolantConch1719MiriamGZeroDivideJarethPumpkinKingshardsJacoby2041LadyKandomereGrandkuramaMicheal_MyersxxplayerjuanxxKnucklesFog_King 47 votes
The Shrine still exists?
5%
ThatbrownmonsterdragobvTeambossFlozeSpacingLlamasevor10ApackawolvesKsoniBrisingrbear_tuckLordRegal 10 votes
What is the Shrine?
1%
JawsIsTheNextKillerRobertCop 2 votes

Comments

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,613
    Options

The ratio at which you get BP from SoS is terrible, i'd rather use them on cosmetics so it's less ACs that i'd spent.

I just get the DLCs when i want Perks, since it'll provide different ways to play as well.

• Glory
    Glory Member Posts: 241
    Options

I don't plan on leveling up spirit or nurse, so it's been helpful getting their perks. Oh, and before I picked up freddy last sale, I already had 2 of his 3 perks, so if I do level him it'd just be to actually play him. I also grabbed all three perks for feng through the shrine (but it robbed me of 2k shards and didn't give me lithe back in July =S). I've bought maybe 15-20 perks through it, it was a big help early and even now

• Liruliniel
    Liruliniel Member Posts: 3,032
    Options

I do this when I have a outfit I like. On the other hand I have all the outfits I like. Maybe I should save at least 21k tho for purple cosmetics.

• TragicSolitude
    TragicSolitude Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 6,685
    Options

It's missing an option: No, because I purchase all the DLC and level up all the characters, unlocking teachables that way.

Personal preference.

• FriendlyGuy
    FriendlyGuy Member Posts: 2,768
    Options

I just level every character.

• Kabu
    Kabu Member Posts: 926
    Options

I did use the shrine for perks but I have them all now so I'm saving shards for cosmetics.

• Science_Guy
    Science_Guy Member Posts: 1,945
    Options

My option isn't there but; I don't really use the Shrine since I have most of the perks and it offers a perk I both don't have and want about... well, the problem is it never does.

I've purchased a single perk this entire year [Head-on]. That means I've used the Shrine once this entire year.

The only other thing it's good for is to get quick BP during the PTB. Shrine needs a major overhaul.

• twistedmonkey
    twistedmonkey Member Posts: 4,291
    Options

No I have all the DLC and keep them for cosmetics.

The bloodpoints you get are not worth it as I can earn the same is a few matches.

• StevePerryPsychOut
    StevePerryPsychOut Member Posts: 190
    Options

I try to use the shrine to grab perks I like for killer so i don't have to grab ones I don't like. I made the mistake of leveling survivors one at a time and grabbing all perks for each character. Now whenever I level up a new survivor, the random perk selection is a real craps shoot. With killers I'm much more strategic with how I level up and unlock teachables.

• TheUnendingNightmare
    TheUnendingNightmare Member Posts: 1,172
    Options

I use it to get perks but also for BP depending on the perks available.

I can usually use it every 3-4 days I'd say.

• xEa
    xEa Member Posts: 4,105
    Options

Yes i do. Since i already have all the perks, i use it for bloodpoints.

• Gravnos
    Gravnos Member Posts: 105
    Options

I use it to get perks for characters I won't ever play. I don't have enough free time to level up every single Survivor

• Gibberish
    Gibberish Member Posts: 1,050
    Options

I use it for BP, though its a total ripoff.

Only 150K BP (in other words, about 4-6 matches worth of BP) for about 40-50 matches worth of Iri Shards.

They -really- need to make it give more BP.

• BirdmanOwO
    BirdmanOwO Member Posts: 43
    Options

I use my Iri shards for new (non-licensed) content. Sure, it takes 9k shards, but it saves money in the end. I've bought Clown and Spirit and have enough for the next Killer/Survivor when they come out.

• Joao_Bandicoot
    Joao_Bandicoot Member Posts: 286
    Options

I do this often (got Spirit and Plague from it) but certain killers I know that I wont ever play and get their perks like BBQ, Franklin's, Discordance and others.

• DWolfAlpha
    DWolfAlpha Member Posts: 927
    Options

I remember when they only cost about 200 for perks, but harder to get. By the time I got enough, they introduced a faster way of getting iridescent shards and increased the cost of everything.

• Toxicboii
    Toxicboii Member Posts: 442
    Options

Its usually better to get perks from a killer you either never play as, or as a killer you hate playing.

It saves time and your bp.

• PyroDude
    PyroDude Member Posts: 454
    Options

I have all perks already.

So it's only use for me are bp but I use it very rarely. Costs too much shards

• Fibijean
    Fibijean Member Posts: 8,342
    Options

I used to, back before the player level overhaul when shrine perks were a fair bit cheaper time-wise, and before you could use shards to buy characters. Now, I would rather spend 9k shards on a DLC character than on a few new perks. At least until I have everyone unlocked.

• SkeletonWitch
    SkeletonWitch Member Posts: 94
    Options

I use it to get perks from characters with one or two good perks like Adam and Kate, because I don't want to purchase a DLC just for the perks. And Iri Shards are easy to collect.

• Ksoni
    Ksoni Member Posts: 607
    Options
    The Shrine still exists?

The Shrine still exists?

• fluffymareep
    fluffymareep Member Posts: 634
    Options

It's in the shop menu. c:

• Ksoni
    Ksoni Member Posts: 607
    Options
    The Shrine still exists?

Duh, im just makimg fun of this answer.

• fluffymareep
    fluffymareep Member Posts: 634
    Options

I wasn't sure. xD

• BirdmanOwO
    BirdmanOwO Member Posts: 43
    Options

Sadly, BBQ has only shown up 1-3 times in the shrine ever. They should honestly fix that lol.

• Joao_Bandicoot
    Joao_Bandicoot Member Posts: 286
    Options

DS also appears very few times, some perks just are rare and having like 100+ perks on each doesn't help.

• Thatbrownmonster
    Thatbrownmonster Member Posts: 1,640
    Options
    The Shrine still exists?

I love seeing everyone going crazy over the perks each week, too bad I allready got every teachable :(

• premiumRICE
    premiumRICE Member Posts: 798
    Options

Both to get perks and bps. Farming shards for skins its too grindy but i get enough to spend them freely

• Awakey
    Awakey Member Posts: 3,145
    Options

I REQUIRE SUSTINANCE

• GreentheNinja
    GreentheNinja Member Posts: 71
    Options

I usually spend the shards if it's the last teachable a character has, so I only have to level them up to 35.

• Gravnos
    Gravnos Member Posts: 105
    Options

I use the shards to unlock survivor perks I don't have. It's silly to level up more than 1 survivor for any reason other than unlocking perks. So perks I didn't care about I just check the shrine for each week.

• Nyaren_Chan
    Nyaren_Chan Member Posts: 243
    Options

Always. Or at least, as soon as i see a good perk. This week's shrine has BBQ and Haunted Ground for instance.

• Endstille
    Endstille Member Posts: 2,246
    Options

Just for BP and nothing else a free 150k is ok.

• ShadowReaper11
    ShadowReaper11 Member Posts: 56
    Options

i have all the perks except for one

• yobuddd
    yobuddd Member Posts: 2,256
    Options

No, I have all the perks (not an available poll option)

An I’m hoarding my shards for the next release of original characters. Who knows, there could be 3 characters again, like last time!

• TheShape78
    TheShape78 Member Posts: 712
    Options

I rarely use the shrine, but when I do, it's either to get bloodpoints, or get a new perk I want.

• Raven014
    Raven014 Member Posts: 4,188
    Options

It's half and half for me. If there's a perk on a killer that I don't feel like leveling up... then maybe. But not so much anymore... since the New Legion skins came out, I'm saving for them. And for Joey's cosmetics since I don't have all of his either.

• zmassani
    zmassani Member Posts: 41
    Options

I do get a few perks here and there, but it's nice to have a piggy bank to go to when you're in need of a few extra BP.

• Dr_Loomis
    Dr_Loomis Member Posts: 3,703
    Options

Absolutely not.

DBD DLC are regularly included in muti-platform sales, so it's better to just purchase the character/chapter and get all the included perks.

• Hudson
    Hudson Member Posts: 93
    Options

I already have unlocked all the perks.

I like to use the shrine for the bp. I save up my shards until the new dlc is out. And then I will buy the complete shrine two times (it usually resets the evening the dlc came out) to overcome the 1 million bloodpoints cap for the new killer. (So I can spent my saved 1 million, + 600k from shrine one, + 600k from shrine 2.)

@Devs Can you please take care that there is always one expensive perk on the shrine (for 250k bp) the day a dlc comes out and the day after? =)

• Fog_King
    Fog_King Member Posts: 688
    Options

I used to spend the shards on the old shrine, back when there was no cosmetic shop, but now I just save the shards for the cosmetics.

• Creepingcam1070
    Creepingcam1070 Member Posts: 330
    Options

If its a perk I have, I dont get it. If its a perk I dont have and plan on not getting that chapter soon, I get it.