Do You Use The Shrine?

Options
Theoretical_Heart
Theoretical_Heart Member Posts: 398

Do You Use The Shrine? 188 votes

Yes. I use it to get perks I don't have.
34%
WINTERSTapeKnotHatCreatureRainbowPatooieCancan71Dolphin9192MisterCremasterYamaokaStinkyKabupootis_BearAuron471DonnycJoao_BandicootBjarioDWolfAlphaAngryFluffyNullSp3cShadowReaper11premiumRICE 65 votes
Yes. I use it to get BP since I have the perks I want.
34%
Mc_HartyJackikinsLuigifan64GibberishStevoCamoRangerPandomicemancatInjiIhatelifeniemniemnieeemSlaughterhouse3XaggySpartagone45Edwardo13579AkumaGoodBoyKaruindieeden7arslaNXpiksel 64 votes
No. It's too expensive to get perks from the shrine, I save for cosmetics
25%
twistedmonkeyBossWhite_OwlArk_the_BonsaiKebekMister_xDYucchiVolantConch1719MiriamGZeroDivideJarethPumpkinKingshardsJacoby2041LadyKandomereGrandkuramaMicheal_MyersxxplayerjuanxxKnucklesFog_King 47 votes
The Shrine still exists?
5%
ThatbrownmonsterdragobvTeambossFlozeSpacingLlamasevor10ApackawolvesKsoniBrisingrbear_tuckLordRegal 10 votes
What is the Shrine?
1%
JawsIsTheNextKillerRobertCop 2 votes

Comments

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,613
    Options

The ratio at which you get BP from SoS is terrible, i'd rather use them on cosmetics so it's less ACs that i'd spent.

I just get the DLCs when i want Perks, since it'll provide different ways to play as well.

• Glory
    Glory Member Posts: 241
    Options

I don't plan on leveling up spirit or nurse, so it's been helpful getting their perks. Oh, and before I picked up freddy last sale, I already had 2 of his 3 perks, so if I do level him it'd just be to actually play him. I also grabbed all three perks for feng through the shrine (but it robbed me of 2k shards and didn't give me lithe back in July =S). I've bought maybe 15-20 perks through it, it was a big help early and even now

• Liruliniel
    Liruliniel Member Posts: 3,035
    Options

I do this when I have a outfit I like. On the other hand I have all the outfits I like. Maybe I should save at least 21k tho for purple cosmetics.

• TragicSolitude
    TragicSolitude Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 6,691
    Options

It's missing an option: No, because I purchase all the DLC and level up all the characters, unlocking teachables that way.

Personal preference.

• FriendlyGuy
    FriendlyGuy Member Posts: 2,768
    Options

I just level every character.

• Kabu
    Kabu Member Posts: 926
    Options

I did use the shrine for perks but I have them all now so I'm saving shards for cosmetics.

• Science_Guy
    Science_Guy Member Posts: 1,957
    Options

My option isn't there but; I don't really use the Shrine since I have most of the perks and it offers a perk I both don't have and want about... well, the problem is it never does.

I've purchased a single perk this entire year [Head-on]. That means I've used the Shrine once this entire year.

The only other thing it's good for is to get quick BP during the PTB. Shrine needs a major overhaul.

• twistedmonkey
    twistedmonkey Member Posts: 4,291
    Options

No I have all the DLC and keep them for cosmetics.

The bloodpoints you get are not worth it as I can earn the same is a few matches.

• StevePerryPsychOut
    StevePerryPsychOut Member Posts: 190
    Options

I try to use the shrine to grab perks I like for killer so i don't have to grab ones I don't like. I made the mistake of leveling survivors one at a time and grabbing all perks for each character. Now whenever I level up a new survivor, the random perk selection is a real craps shoot. With killers I'm much more strategic with how I level up and unlock teachables.

• TheUnendingNightmare
    TheUnendingNightmare Member Posts: 1,172
    Options

I use it to get perks but also for BP depending on the perks available.

I can usually use it every 3-4 days I'd say.

• xEa
    xEa Member Posts: 4,105
    Options

Yes i do. Since i already have all the perks, i use it for bloodpoints.

• Gravnos
    Gravnos Member Posts: 105
    Options

I use it to get perks for characters I won't ever play. I don't have enough free time to level up every single Survivor

• Gibberish
    Gibberish Member Posts: 1,055
    Options

I use it for BP, though its a total ripoff.

Only 150K BP (in other words, about 4-6 matches worth of BP) for about 40-50 matches worth of Iri Shards.

They -really- need to make it give more BP.

• BirdmanOwO
    BirdmanOwO Member Posts: 43
    Options

I use my Iri shards for new (non-licensed) content. Sure, it takes 9k shards, but it saves money in the end. I've bought Clown and Spirit and have enough for the next Killer/Survivor when they come out.

• Joao_Bandicoot
    Joao_Bandicoot Member Posts: 286
    Options

I do this often (got Spirit and Plague from it) but certain killers I know that I wont ever play and get their perks like BBQ, Franklin's, Discordance and others.

• DWolfAlpha
    DWolfAlpha Member Posts: 927
    Options

I remember when they only cost about 200 for perks, but harder to get. By the time I got enough, they introduced a faster way of getting iridescent shards and increased the cost of everything.

• Toxicboii
    Toxicboii Member Posts: 444
    Options

Its usually better to get perks from a killer you either never play as, or as a killer you hate playing.

It saves time and your bp.

• PyroDude
    PyroDude Member Posts: 454
    Options

I have all perks already.

So it's only use for me are bp but I use it very rarely. Costs too much shards

• Fibijean
    Fibijean Member Posts: 8,342
    Options

I used to, back before the player level overhaul when shrine perks were a fair bit cheaper time-wise, and before you could use shards to buy characters. Now, I would rather spend 9k shards on a DLC character than on a few new perks. At least until I have everyone unlocked.

• SkeletonWitch
    SkeletonWitch Member Posts: 94
    Options

I use it to get perks from characters with one or two good perks like Adam and Kate, because I don't want to purchase a DLC just for the perks. And Iri Shards are easy to collect.

• Ksoni
    Ksoni Member Posts: 607
    Options
    The Shrine still exists?

The Shrine still exists?

• fluffymareep
    fluffymareep Member Posts: 634
    Options

It's in the shop menu. c:

• Ksoni
    Ksoni Member Posts: 607
    Options
    The Shrine still exists?

Duh, im just makimg fun of this answer.

• fluffymareep
    fluffymareep Member Posts: 634
    Options

I wasn't sure. xD

• BirdmanOwO
    BirdmanOwO Member Posts: 43
    Options

Sadly, BBQ has only shown up 1-3 times in the shrine ever. They should honestly fix that lol.

• Joao_Bandicoot
    Joao_Bandicoot Member Posts: 286
    Options

DS also appears very few times, some perks just are rare and having like 100+ perks on each doesn't help.

• Thatbrownmonster
    Thatbrownmonster Member Posts: 1,640
    Options
    The Shrine still exists?

I love seeing everyone going crazy over the perks each week, too bad I allready got every teachable :(

• premiumRICE
    premiumRICE Member Posts: 798
    Options

Both to get perks and bps. Farming shards for skins its too grindy but i get enough to spend them freely

• Awakey
    Awakey Member Posts: 3,145
    Options

I REQUIRE SUSTINANCE

• GreentheNinja
    GreentheNinja Member Posts: 71
    Options

I usually spend the shards if it's the last teachable a character has, so I only have to level them up to 35.

• Gravnos
    Gravnos Member Posts: 105
    Options

I use the shards to unlock survivor perks I don't have. It's silly to level up more than 1 survivor for any reason other than unlocking perks. So perks I didn't care about I just check the shrine for each week.

• Nyaren_Chan
    Nyaren_Chan Member Posts: 243
    Options

Always. Or at least, as soon as i see a good perk. This week's shrine has BBQ and Haunted Ground for instance.

• Endstille
    Endstille Member Posts: 2,246
    Options

Just for BP and nothing else a free 150k is ok.

• ShadowReaper11
    ShadowReaper11 Member Posts: 56
    Options

i have all the perks except for one

• yobuddd
    yobuddd Member Posts: 2,259
    Options

No, I have all the perks (not an available poll option)

An I’m hoarding my shards for the next release of original characters. Who knows, there could be 3 characters again, like last time!

• TheShape78
    TheShape78 Member Posts: 712
    Options

I rarely use the shrine, but when I do, it's either to get bloodpoints, or get a new perk I want.

• Raven014
    Raven014 Member Posts: 4,188
    Options

It's half and half for me. If there's a perk on a killer that I don't feel like leveling up... then maybe. But not so much anymore... since the New Legion skins came out, I'm saving for them. And for Joey's cosmetics since I don't have all of his either.

• zmassani
    zmassani Member Posts: 41
    Options

I do get a few perks here and there, but it's nice to have a piggy bank to go to when you're in need of a few extra BP.

• Dr_Loomis
    Dr_Loomis Member Posts: 3,703
    Options

Absolutely not.

DBD DLC are regularly included in muti-platform sales, so it's better to just purchase the character/chapter and get all the included perks.

• Hudson
    Hudson Member Posts: 93
    Options

I already have unlocked all the perks.

I like to use the shrine for the bp. I save up my shards until the new dlc is out. And then I will buy the complete shrine two times (it usually resets the evening the dlc came out) to overcome the 1 million bloodpoints cap for the new killer. (So I can spent my saved 1 million, + 600k from shrine one, + 600k from shrine 2.)

@Devs Can you please take care that there is always one expensive perk on the shrine (for 250k bp) the day a dlc comes out and the day after? =)

• Fog_King
    Fog_King Member Posts: 688
    Options

I used to spend the shards on the old shrine, back when there was no cosmetic shop, but now I just save the shards for the cosmetics.

• Creepingcam1070
    Creepingcam1070 Member Posts: 330
    Options

If its a perk I have, I dont get it. If its a perk I dont have and plan on not getting that chapter soon, I get it.