We are investigating an issue around players not receiving their Grade Rewards today, we will give more information as it becomes available. Apologies for the inconvenience.

Should DCing result in serious punishment?

Options
pleasedontbetoxic117
pleasedontbetoxic117 Member Posts: 124

I am constantly trying to play a game without someone DCing for little to reason or the stupidest reasons unimaginable. I'm to the point that DCing from a match immediately just bans the DCing player for 24 hours, 3 days, 2 weeks, a month, and then permanently banned from DbD.

Should DCing result in serious punishment? 41 votes

Yes
41%
WeederickGibberishMiriamGXpikselSblitcherxEaDonnycsensualsatanpremiumRICEMysticAdvisorAvilgusRydogCarlosylupleasedontbetoxic117TheALIENgaydavidkingSebaOutbreak 17 votes
No
17%
PandomSpacingLlamasbrokedownpalaceInnCognitowhammigobambamrch614Loey 7 votes
Maybe
4%
FrodoWillisHuDawg 2 votes
Too harsh of a punishment.
36%
BossStevoMister_xDVolantConch1719Spartagone45Micheal_MyersHellCatJaneKnucklesGrootDudeKillermainBTWm8Boosted_DwightAwakeyfluffymareepxAlkarixSinisterDog 15 votes
Too soft of a punishment.
0%

Comments

• KillermainBTWm8
    KillermainBTWm8 Member Posts: 4,212
    Options

This is wayyyy to harsh. Everyone DCS a small amount... there are bugs that happen as well. DC should be punished but not like this...

• pleasedontbetoxic117
    Options
    Yes

Well everyone of the people that I have played against and DCed did it on purpose. They message me saying that I'm trash, toxic, cancer, and ect. I can't help it that I'm good at the game both sides too! So why should I and everyone else get punished for people whom DCing? Look at R6: Siege and you see how they punish people for stuff like that. I'm just extremely fed up with this nonsense of BS.

• pleasedontbetoxic117
    Options
    Yes

*Final note: If you are going to play a game only to DC or ruin other people's experiences then just don't buy or play the game; however, if you still do that just uninstall the game and never come back. 😤

• Rydog
    Rydog Member Posts: 3,275
    Options
    Yes

Inspired by Ultima Online's old "murder count" system:

1) DC, and get a multiplying 15-minute "ban count" (so the second count would add 30 minutes, third count would add 1 hour, fourth count would add 2 hours, and so on).

2) Ban counts decay at a rate of, let's say, one for every 8 real world hours.

3) Rework the hook struggle mechanic, so that survivors simply auto-struggle on the hook without need for player input, and without any option to give up.

Doing it this way would mean minimal impact (15 minutes) for someone who needs to DC for some urgent, unforeseen real-life reason. And it's a slap on the wrist for someone who insists on playing with bad Internet, and hopefully compels them to fix their Internet (Pro tip: Don't do your gaming on Wi-Fi, you need to hard-wire your gaming PC, I can't believe I have to say this in 2019).

If you are going to play Dead by Daylight, then either play Dead by Daylight or go do something else. You know, before you click that Ready button, that the possibility exists that you may have to deal with an item or a mechanic that you personally do not like. If you don't accept this, I don't know why you are still choosing to play this game over something else that you might enjoy more.

• SebaOutbreak
    SebaOutbreak Member Posts: 399
    Options
    Yes

As long as it can be verified without mistake they DCed on purpose (ragequit, trolling, etc.) then yeah, the progressive ban is an excellent idea. However, if said system also bans people who lose their internet connection or experiment a game freeze/crash, then no.

Faulty ban systems like these already screw up players in other competitive games, not always of course, but it would be dumb to not be able to play the game for a few days because the Unreal Engine stopped working, no?

• KillermainBTWm8
    Options

So you think because some do it on purpose that if you disconnect five times someone should be perma banned from the game????

• Loey
    Loey Member Posts: 51
    Options
    No

I got stuck in a locker the whole game and in the end the endgame killed me causing me to lose my pips and my time for not being able to do anything, also that the team had a bad game since they had one player less.

so no,dc shouldn't be punished because not every time players give dc is for something stupid like getting angry or just downgrading to have babys killers or babys suvs. I've even lost pips when killers give DC and it sucks.

• fluffymareep
    fluffymareep Member Posts: 634
    edited October 2019
    Options

I've been DCed from the game due to the game crashing/freezing or just being kicked out mid-match. I'm behind wait times, but being banned for every DC is just gonna decrease the player base and likely not even fix anything.

BTW my computer's good and I'm connected. There's some known bugs that cause people to DC or put you/the killer in situations where one of you needs to DC to end the game. People shouldn't be banned for scenarios the game creates by being imperfect. Just because you have experience where "everyone" who DCs against you tells you they did so on purpose doesn't mean that's reality for a vast majority. A while ago there was a bug that caused people to DC with moris.

• HellCatJane
    HellCatJane Member Posts: 698
    Options

So. If the game is being held hostage and you can't progress normally, due to a troll or even bugs (this is DBD) you want to straight up ban them etc. I disagree.

With dedicated servers... its disconnecting a lot of people... those are considered DC's as the people get no points, but they didn't disconnect. And they would also get banned.

They need to mitigate damages on the players that remain in the match. And allow for reconnecting back to a match.

• VolantConch1719
    VolantConch1719 Member Posts: 1,151
    Options

Fix the bugs first.

it's also way too harsh for people who have poor internet (like me for a while, something about the cabling being wrong causing it to go out literally everyday, for as long as an hour at a time, maybe longer).

• pleasedontbetoxic117
    Options
    Yes

Not 5 times more likely around the 50 mark but I guess you just want to talk down to me like you're superior than me.

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,613
    Options

Way over the top.

• FrodoWillis
    FrodoWillis Member Posts: 28
    Options
    Maybe

You never know why persen DCed.Game crashes,power turns off,internet connection problem happens-you never know.

• Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669
    Options

that shouldnt be the case immediately.

there are legit reasons to quit the game sometimes, you really shouldnt be instantly banned for 24 hrs.

you should just not be able to reenter a new game while the one you DCed from is currently ongoing, aswell as lose any points, emblems, etc. from it.

and ofc a ban if you DC to often.

• Revansith
    Revansith Member Posts: 367
    Options

In my opinion DCing will continue whether punished or not. I suggest if a player or the killer dcs in a match, then EVERY player still left in the match at the time of dc (that is not dead), would get a guaranteed safety pip.

• pleasedontbetoxic117
    Options
    Yes

I don't care about Rank! I just want to have fun and gain BP but I can't if everyone is DCing constantly.

• premiumRICE
    premiumRICE Member Posts: 798
    Options
    Yes

It will happen less often, still happen but at least you know they will be punished for it .

• KillermainBTWm8
    Options

You make it seem like you want people to have a harsh ban immediately...

"I'm to the point that DCing from a match immediately just bans the DCing player for 24 hours, 3 days, 2 weeks, a month, and then permanently banned from DbD" does that not sound like you want people to be banned immediately for DCING I'm against even banning people at the 50 mark and just having a progressive timer for dcing that lasts either a week or a few days then resets. People shouldn't actually get banned just put a punishment that makes people not want to DC.

"I guess you just want to talk down to me like you're superior than me." I don't know how you came up with that conclusion but okay.

• Micheal_Myers
    Micheal_Myers Member Posts: 1,147
    Options

Soft bans are the way to go.

24hrs to a week to a month.

No perm bans.

They could always have power outages or something.

And they get banned? That would be terrible.

So I'd say 5 DC's a day should get you a soft ban