Amnesia: The Dark Descent Chapter

BabyBubbaMain
BabyBubbaMain Member Posts: 97

Hey everyone!!! This might be a long post, but one of my most favorite and nostalgic survival horror games of all time has to be Amnesia: The Dark Descent!

What if we could have Daniel as a new survivor and one of the servant grunts as a new killer?

My thoughts of Daniels perks could be..

1. Tread Lightly: You have a keen understanding of your footsteps and breathing being heard and thus try your best to remain undetected. Your footstep sounds are reduced by 70/80/90% and your breathing while healthy is reduced by 100%.

"Don't forget... Some things mustn't be forgotten. The shadow haunting me... I must hurry." -Daniel

1. Immense Vengeance: Your thoughts about being betrayed twice helps you not make the same mistakes again. After your second hook, if you get hooked the third time, you will go back into the struggle phase for 10/15/20 seconds. If you do not get unhooked within the time frame, you will be sacrificed and every hook within a 32 meter radius will be permanently sabotaged.
  • "What have I done? This is crazy. Don't forget, Don't forget. I must stop him. Focus!" -Daniel
  1. Dark Enclosure: Your immense fear of the dark combined with your poor mental state causes you to make wiser decisions to avoid being in the darkness once more. When injured, while in the killers terror radius, you walk 9% faster and are immune to aura detection perks until you are no longer within the killers terror radius.
  • "I have to get out of here." -Daniel

At the moment I have no idea of what the Servant Grunts power could be, maybe you guys could pitch in some ideas? But I do have ideas for his 3 perks..

1. Hex: Dark Descent. A Hex rooting its power in slowing progression and inevitable darkness. For each generator that is completed, good skillchecks regress the generator by 5%. If a survivor misses a skillcheck, their aura is revealed to you for 3 seconds and their action speed is reduced by 10% for 10 seconds.
  2. Amnesia Haze: Your lust to finally catch your prey is immeasurable. For each pallet destroyed, gain a token up to ten tokens. Each token increases your movement speed by 1% and increases the speed of destroying pallets by 2%. Each time you are stunned by a pallet, lose 4/3/2 tokens.
  3. Eternal Servitude: You will do anything to stop your prey from achieving victory. Each time you hook a survivor, the generator with the most progress explodes and instantly regresses 10% and is highlighted in a yellow aura.

This took longer than I thought it would guys, but I would greatly appreciate any and all feedback! Let me know what you think!!! Has anybody else here played amnesia? I think it would be sick to have Daniel as a survivor!

Comments

• Monlyth
    Monlyth Member Posts: 982

Well, the biggest problem with the Servant Grunts in Amnesia is that they don't have any special powers that I know of. They just seem to be big, dumb brutes.

I think if we want to make them interesting, then the Water Monster could be their power. Maybe the map is filled with puddles of water at the start of the game, and disturbing the water will alert the Killer to your presence. And perhaps the killer's active ability could target a specific puddle, and cause the Water Monster to attack any survivors standing in it?

• BabyBubbaMain
    BabyBubbaMain Member Posts: 97

That would be an interesting mechanic. Having kaernks with the servants would be something to behold. But the survivors would probably just avoid the puddles unless they’re in key locations like loops? I dunno

• Seltas0208
    Seltas0208 Member Posts: 1,056

That second perk would be a usable as hell essentially making it so that you'd have to hook 16 times if every survivor ran it.

But the pewdiepie chapter looking slick amirite gamers. Yeah it's a bad joke but these perks aren't a bad concept

• HeroLives
    HeroLives Member Posts: 1,985

Never heard of it, got a link?

• Spooky13
    Spooky13 Member Posts: 1,471

I would love an Amnesia Dark Descent Chapter. For a power, why not include both Grunts and Brutes?

The player starts the game out as a Servant Grunt.

Attributes

1. 115% movement speed
    2. 32 meter terror radius
    3. Average Height

The Grunt is the basic part of the kit. As a Grunt, you have keen hearing. Any sounds made by survivors are 50% louder. At any point in the game, the player has the option of going into a locker and emerging from another one as a Servant Brute.

Attributes

1. 110% movement speed
    2. 24 meter terror radius
    3. Average Height

While the Brute moves slower than the Grunt, it destroys pallets and generators 10% faster. As either the Grunt or the Brute, every second the player is in a chase they move faster and faster. The bonus speed is lost by 1 percent every second you are outside of a chase or within 5 meters of a survivor. While this has no bonus on the Grunt other than bonus movement speed, if the Brute reaches a certain threshold, the next attack will instantly down a survivor.

Obviously the Grunt would need something else to make it seem as worth playing as the Brute but I'm just spitballing here. I would really like to play as both Servants, but I'm terrible at coming up with chapter ideas.

• 8obot1c
    8obot1c Member Posts: 1,129

Generator should be highlighted in white