We are investigating an issue around players not receiving their Grade Rewards today, we will give more information as it becomes available. Apologies for the inconvenience.

Should dead by daylight Have “Special maps”?

Options
MysticAdvisor
MysticAdvisor Member Posts: 453

I heard a train map idea in The fan creations tab and thought it was a good idea.

Basically a train takes survivors and The killer to 4 different stations, each station has 4 generators, only 1 needs to be completed at each station.

Then the survivors have to repair a panel to the survivors part of the train.

Another example I’ve heard of is a map with an elevator or some sort of sky tram that would take you from one high point of the map to the other high point.

Simplified- special map= map with special feature like( transportation devices, multiple floors, map mechanics, different escape methods other than an exit gate all the time).

Do you think Special maps should be in the game?

Should dead by daylight Have “Special maps”? 19 votes

Yes! They should be!
10% 2 votes
Yes, but I’m unsure of how this would be implemented.
73% 14 votes
No, I don’t see this working.
10% 2 votes
No, ( own reason).
0% 0 votes
Maybe... ( IDK/ explain)
5% 1 vote

Comments

• Fibijean
    Fibijean Member Posts: 8,342
    Options

I'm not sure what you mean by this exactly. Are you talking about different game modes, like minigames, or just maps with more different gimmicks, like the sliding doors on The Game? If the former, I guess it could be nice but there's a huge amount of more pressing issues in the main game first. If the latter, I agree that that would be pretty fun and I'd like to see more interesting map mechanics implemented in future - although I do have my reservations about how it would affect map balancing.

• MysticAdvisor
    MysticAdvisor Member Posts: 453
    Options

Yeah not new game modes but maybe different types of gimmicks for each map that is more than doors that open when the gen pops.

• Fibijean
    Fibijean Member Posts: 8,342
    Options

Fair enough. In that case I'd be on board (pun not intended) although as I said, I have my reservations about the practical implications of the idea in terms of game balance and proper implementation.

• Micheal_Myers
    Micheal_Myers Member Posts: 1,147
    Options

It would be cool, but would be extremely hard to implement.