Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

2 Small Things

jn5480
jn5480 Member Posts: 20
edited May 2018 in General Discussions
Hey all, just wanted to raise some small things that could potentially be discussed:

1: I've noticed that some characters moan louder than others - for example Bill moans like a cow while Claudette just whimpers.

This seems a bit unfair if you're punished for playing any other survivor than those who make quieter sounds.

2: The last survivor can't kobe off hooks even if it's his/her first hook. 

Played a a game with 4 "Vigo's Jar of Salty Lips", and the last survivor just instantly dies when hooked (1st hook).

I understand that this speeds up the game, but it would be more fun letting survivors try jump off the hook if it's their first, and if they don't make it then they instantly die when the entity spawns.

Tell me what you guys think!

Comments

• Azgard12
    Azgard12 Member Posts: 335

To your first point... yup. I'm actually kind of glad for this one. I want more diversity in how the survivors function, though not a lot. Some people also disagree on who is the loudest survivor. I suppose it is a bit of a Yanny/Laurel situation.

To your second... well, I guess the killer could camp you if you're the last one left. I never really minded this and just accepted it. I am for speeding things up and while I see your point, it really should be game over at that moment.

• ThePloopz
    ThePloopz Member Posts: 1,010
    Some characters also breath louder than others. I’M LOOKING AT YOU MEG!!
  • Spiritbx
    Spiritbx Member Posts: 264
    First point, louder doesn't mean much in virtual terms.the distance at which the sound is heard isnt based on how loud it is but on the limit set by the game. I suppose it xould make a big different if you arent wearing headphones though, since you might not h3ar the whimper over you other sound such as killer breathing/chainsaw and chase music.  

For the second point, theres no point to it. Period. The only thing i would change would be to give you some struggle points as compensation. The killer will just stand in front of you until you fail your attempts, or hit you just as you go down and instantly rehook you, making it pointless anyways.
  • jn5480
    jn5480 Member Posts: 20
    Fair enough. It is essentially game over at that point. I still believe my first point stands however.

I've received feedback from several players as to who to prestige and some have suggested that Bill wasn't the best due to his moaning - which really made me experiment with different characters sounds in game as well as the frequency of their groans. Admittedly I have not gone into extreme detail with measuring sound levels and in a kill your friends lobby, however it is noticeably louder when you are playing the character and actually listening out for the groans.

This makes me kinda sad as I am a huge fan of the L4D series and Bill pretty much got me into the game. :(
  • Runiver
    Runiver Member Posts: 2,095

First point, you should try to hear Ace when you play killer. This guy literally has Iron Wil built in.

About the second point : it's mostly not to have to stare to a single survivor for 2minutes. 2 minutes is kinda long when you know that a round can last 5 to 10 mins, in the average.

• Totohli
    Totohli Member Posts: 41
    edited May 2018

@jn5480 said:
    Fair enough. It is essentially game over at that point. I still believe my first point stands however.

I've received feedback from several players as to who to prestige and some have suggested that Bill wasn't the best due to his moaning - which really made me experiment with different characters sounds in game as well as the frequency of their groans. Admittedly I have not gone into extreme detail with measuring sound levels and in a kill your friends lobby, however it is noticeably louder when you are playing the character and actually listening out for the groans.

This makes me kinda sad as I am a huge fan of the L4D series and Bill pretty much got me into the game. :(

If Bill is the main reason that got you into the game, you should play with Bill. Don't step away from what you like, even 'tho the game might be harder because of the moan, there's always iron will to counter that if you really want to.

Now it will be in your head that everytime you get found while being hurt, it's because of Bill his moan. With another survivor you might've been found as well but that's what you can't exactly know, because every game is different.

My advice is simple:
    You like Bill a lot, play as Bill.
    I can't tell if it is louder, but always play how you want, and with who/what you like. Despite the result it will give you the most amount of fun.