We are investigating an issue in the game that causes strobing/flashing lights, and are focused on fixing it as soon as possible. Some players may be impacted by this issue and experience discomfort from it, so we recommend taking proper precautions.

And until we fix this issue, we recommend that players with photosensitivity, or who have an epileptic condition or have had seizures of any kind consult their physician before playing.

Who else wants a Shaun of the dead chapter/paragraph?

Options
joshuashep22
joshuashep22 Member Posts: 236

Who else wants a Shaun of the dead chapter/paragraph? 31 votes

Hell yes Shaun main all the way
35%
MikeadatrixTherapySlothMegaWaffleCarpemortumDelsKibarathen4321Creepingcam1070joshuashep22redleifGhostofYharnamHellraisingPredator 11 votes
It would be cool I guess
3%
Elk 1 vote
I do not think it would fit the theme of dbd
16%
OnryosTapeRentalsDr_Trautsad19970MedicSpirit7SebaOutbreak 5 votes
I want cashier Carl instead
9%
LordziPLLittleLiamPlagueMain_ 3 votes
Nah
35%
CetrenDaddy_DoctorbrokedownpalaceMilordoanarchy753KnucklesArksnaVixonexEajustarandyFilthyQuentinDrybones 11 votes

Comments

• DelsKibara
    DelsKibara Member Posts: 3,127
    Options

As a massive fan of the Cornetto trilogy, playing as Shaun would be awesome! Although I doubt they can get Simon Pegg to voice him.

• MegaWaffle
    MegaWaffle Member Posts: 4,172
    Options

"Take car. Go to mum's. Kill Phil, grab Liz, go to the Winchester, have a nice cold pint, and wait for all of this to blow over. How's that for a slice of fried gold?"

Damn straight.

• anarchy753
    anarchy753 Member Posts: 4,211
    Options
    Nah

If we were to have a horredy character, I'd fight tooth and nail for Brenda Meeks over blonde Dwight.

• Carpemortum
    Carpemortum Member Posts: 4,506
    Options

Lol "it wouldnt fit dbd" as an option as we have Ashley J and Demogorgon. 😆😆😂

• DelsKibara
    DelsKibara Member Posts: 3,127
    Options

Given some people also want Pennywise in the game. "It wouldn't fit DBD" is already thrown straight out of the window.

• Carpemortum
    Carpemortum Member Posts: 4,506
    Options

I mean, I stand on the side of pennywise being added. He/the headlights are far more akin to the entity and the entire concept of feeding on fear and false memories than most.

But yeah, saying something doesnt fit anymore doesnt work unless it's like, a sitcom or drama IP at this point.

• GhostofYharnam
    GhostofYharnam Member Posts: 597
    Options

Yeah why not. Simon Pegg is cool af

• MegaWaffle
    MegaWaffle Member Posts: 4,172
    Options

We only had 1 licensed survivor added.

The rest all came as a whole licensed chapter.

Also why is it frustrating getting more characters? I'm not saying this to sound rude but genuinely curious as to your mindset.

This game lost its "horror" focus ages ago and is now the horror equivalent of "Smash Bros". I say roll with it and enjoy your favorite killer/survivor.

• Elk
    Elk Member Posts: 2,267
    Options
    It would be cool I guess

I like it if he would be here, I'm a fan, but if he doesn't then it wouldn't matter.

• Mikeadatrix
    Mikeadatrix Member Posts: 890
    edited October 2019
    Options

To answer some of your questions, the Devs have made it clear that stuff like the Upside Down and licensed characters exist. The entity uses stuff like the Upside Down and the Dream World like a college kid uses SparkNotes to write an essay. It's a crappy substitute for the real thing but it's still something to use. Per example, the Upside Down is real in the realm of the Entity but it is curtailed from the actual effects of the Mind Flayer, making it far less threatening than the real deal.

I'm going to gently assume you're not super familiar with parallel universes and multiverses in fiction for the sake of my explanation. Characters like Laurie, Steve, Nancy, etc can exist in the realm of the Entity because at the instance the Entity grabbed them, a parallel universe where they were not snatched comes into existence. This explains why Bill and Tapp are canonically deceased (you can finds Bill's corpse in a DLC) but you can play as them in the game and they are fine and alive. I get that this sounds like bad writing but the truth is, this same type of writing exists with the original content as well. Jeff is hinted at being the one who makes noise in the woods that alerts the Legion to follow it which leads to them all getting sucked into the Entity's realm, despite Jeff being a grown man and the Legion still being stuck in the 90s as teens.

Time and logic fall to the waist side when working the Entity. It's a little irritating when people feel like the licensed stuff is non-canon just because certain chapters/paragraphs have worse writing than others (looking at you Laurie, Nancy, Steve, and Demo). But then we have characters like Ash and Ghostface who have entirely unique backstories that connect deeply to the lore and rules of the Entity. Ash ######### up, as per usual. Danny wanted to kill forever and he got his wish.

Hopefully this clears some things up.

• then4321
    then4321 Member Posts: 234
    edited October 2019
    Options

Look at it this way, acquiring licensed content brings in fans of that content. Which means more money for the people who create DbD. More money, more employees, more bug fixes, new content, more DbD all together.

If you're not a fan of more Dead by Daylight, what the heck are you doing on the forum lol

P.S. I don't think I would be a Shaun main, but more content is always welcome in my eyes.