We are investigating an issue in the game that causes strobing/flashing lights, and are focused on fixing it as soon as possible. Some players may be impacted by this issue and experience discomfort from it, so we recommend taking proper precautions.

And until we fix this issue, we recommend that players with photosensitivity, or who have an epileptic condition or have had seizures of any kind consult their physician before playing.

Hex Ruin / Base kit?

Options
TeambossFloze
TeambossFloze Member Posts: 1,260

My personal feelings are if there is no Hex Ruin on then it's a pretty free game (generator wise)

Do you feel that Hex Ruin should be part of all killers base kit? so it no longer becomes a perk at all and is just a standard thing every game?

Hex Ruin / Base kit? 27 votes

I think Hex ruin is fine as it is
81%
Mister_xDNoFaceSblitcherMicheal_Myersad19970Boosted_DwightMedicSpirit7MrPenguinMysticAdvisorAwakeyfluffymareepjasonq500anonymous31337ahandfulofrainToxicboiiZackAndCodyDarootLeafstormChiTenshiGreentheNinjaKa1ro 22 votes
I think Hex ruin should no longer be a perk and just be within the standard base kit
18%
GibberishTeambossFlozeMeatBycicle[Deleted User]critskey 5 votes

Comments

• Lucama
    Lucama Member Posts: 461
    Options

I think making Ruin base kit wouldn't fix anything, it'd at best be a bandaid fix like Bloodlust was, and because we accepted the Bloodlust bandaid the devs are taking their sweet time with map reworks. What we need is additional primary objectives, something to extend the time it takes to fix gens but not just by "holding M1 longer". Survivors should not play such a static game, they should be forced to move about the map more.

• Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669
    Options

i would really not want this perk to be basekit.

it would draw unwanted attention to other totem perks and i would hate not being able to get rid of it.

• ad19970
    ad19970 Member Posts: 5,895
    Options

Maps are getting reworked, and when they hopefully get smaller, killers will have more potential to apply map pressure. That combined with more counterplay for weaker killers in chases when the maps also have much more mindgameable pallets once reworked will allow killer to combat generator speed much better.

Which is why, if anything, I think that once the majority of maps are reworked, if those reworks were succesful, Ruin will need a nerf to the regression it does when hitting a good skill check.

• GrootDude
    GrootDude Member Posts: 14,110
    Options

Neither because I don’t think it should be basekit but I also find it weak.

• Micheal_Myers
    Micheal_Myers Member Posts: 1,147
    Options

It is fine. Plus if it was base kit it would literally be overpowered.

• TragicSolitude
    TragicSolitude Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 6,685
    edited October 2019
    Options

Neither. Gens need to be reworked so that killers don't think Ruin is necessary. Ruin is a band-aid perk and against really good survivors it doesn't even work that well because they can easily find the totem or power through the gens/hit greats, and it's against good survivors where slowing down gen time is difficult. Against less skilled survivors, Ruin is a death sentence.

Gens should be more interactive or something. Also, difficulty of completing gens should possibly scale with rank or devotion; we want to prevent veteran survivors from breezing through gens without providing too big a hurdle for new players. It would also be good if working on gens took a bit more concentration; stealth killers are still decently easy to evade because you don't have to really focus on a gen while working on it. You'd get more surprise/horror moments if killers had a better chance to catch survivors off guard.

And really, I shouldn't be zenning out while playing survivor in a slasher game.

• TeambossFloze
    Options
    I think Hex ruin should no longer be a perk and just be within the standard base kit

All valid answers , I just think in the immediate time when it looks like we still don't have any other objectives..it could work.

• LittleLiam
    LittleLiam Member Posts: 34
    edited October 2019
    Options

What if instead of ruin being base kit, Gen progression is slowed based on how many dull totems remain in the trial something like 5-10% slower progression per totem. Also, just add a totem counter on the hud already.

Post edited by LittleLiam on
  • TeambossFloze
    Options

@LittleLiam Nice idea !