The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

A way to disarm Freddy's snares?

Please keep in mind that I am a balanced player and when I do play killer, I run with Freddy about 30% of the time.....

I was thinking how Freddy's snares are essentially traps like the hag, trapper, and demogorgon have. Unlike those killers however, there's no way to disarm Freddy's traps. I know that being out of the dream world makes you immune to its effects but I still feel that there should be a mechanic that enables you to break those traps. Toolboxes break trapper's traps, flashlights burn the hag's traps and you can cleanse the demogorgon's portals but there is no way to get rid of Freddy's snares. Like those other mechanics, the killer would get a notification when the snare or fake pallet is removed. What do you think a possible solution could be?

Once again, I run with Freddy a lot. This would make it harder for me to win but I still believe in this idea.

Comments

• humanbeing1704
    humanbeing1704 Member Posts: 8,954

I personally wish you got boldness for triggering snares need them s t o n k s

• TAG
    TAG Member Posts: 12,871
    edited October 2019

FWIW, I don't think being able to break Trapper/Hag traps with Toolboxes and Flashlights respectively should be a thing.

Given how all the Traps do is slow you down (something another Killer already can do with no way to stop it, really) and maybe implement a (not great) penalty if you use specific add-ons, and given how the Traps do nothing against Survivors who are awake, I think it's fine to make them not be able to be removed without triggering them.

• S_Panda
    S_Panda Member Posts: 539

Like you said you can just be awake, but stepping in them is enough to stop them when he's far away (and perhaps a distraction). If you aren't far away and want to 'flashlight/disarm' like trapper/hag then you're probably going to eat a hit from that anyway so there's no difference there...

• LordGlint
    LordGlint Member Posts: 8,290
    edited October 2019

You disarm Freddys snares the same way you disarm Trapper's traps. You do it while outside of a chase with him, lol. Your never going to disarm beartraps midchase, and if you want to disarm snares OUT of chase, just step in it.

• Rex_Honeycut
    Rex_Honeycut Member Posts: 102

Hahahaha nice one. I might have misrepresented myself when I said, "I play Freddy a lot and I still support his snares being nerfed."

I should have said, "I wreck s**t day and night as Freddy, even in the red ranks. I know I'm not *that* good at this game. Give these survivors a chance, nerf the snares."

And being in the red ranks doesn't qualify anything. If you play long and mediocre enough, you can get there.

• yobuddd
    yobuddd Member Posts: 2,259

By my understanding, you can disarm his snares by yanking on an alarm clock.

• malloymk
    malloymk Member Posts: 1,553

Lol. Just wake up.

• DesiringEagle75
    DesiringEagle75 Member Posts: 25

The reason why you can't really "disarm" his snares is because they're very limited on how Freddy can use them. His snares don't set instantly (they take like a second to arm I think?), it's a big circle in the ground so their SUPER easy to see, and lastly, they're useless if you're awake. Like others have said, the best way to get rid of them is to trigger them when he's far away. Or you can even run calm mind so its harder for Freddy to realize you stepped on them.

• UlvenDagoth
    UlvenDagoth Member Posts: 3,535

All you did here was make me not interested in anything you say.

• Fibijean
    Fibijean Member Posts: 8,342

As others have pointed out, Freddy's snares aren't actively disarmable because they already have a counter, which is being awake. If you want to get rid of them altogether, it's not difficult to do that while he's distracted.

Freddy had a lot of work put into his rework, and he's in a good position right now. Please, don't let's nerf him down to joke status again.

• Irvin
    Irvin Member Posts: 130

I play both sides but mainly survivor and I think the snares are fine as they are. I see no reason why survivors should be able to "disarm" them. Step in them or wake up, as others have stated if you are not in a chase they are not an issue.