We are investigating an issue in the game that causes strobing/flashing lights, and are focused on fixing it as soon as possible. Some players may be impacted by this issue and experience discomfort from it, so we recommend taking proper precautions.

And until we fix this issue, we recommend that players with photosensitivity, or who have an epileptic condition or have had seizures of any kind consult their physician before playing.

what is the true nature of the attraction...

Options
EpicFailTryHard
EpicFailTryHard Member Posts: 1,316
edited July 2018 in Off-topic
....to darkness?

it is a question and theories abound. myself, i suspect it could have something to do with the attraction people have to this game. the themes, so to speak. some people believe actual evil exists. sometimes covertly, as on a roulette table, if one adds the numbers of 1-36, the sum is 666. perhaps it is not so covert in this game.  the background of the daily rituals board, if you look closely...

the lutz family of the amityville horror, george lutz was obsessed with the occult. check out the documentary "my amityville horror" for reference.  some believe that when one seeks, an...influence comes to meet them. so, as nietzsche said, "when you gaze into the abyss, the abyss in turn gazes into you." what would a manifestation of this look like? discontentment? rage?

what is it within humans that causes us to seek out the corrupt of the world?  i remember well when i read of how players of gta5 would play the torture scene from the campaign over and over again.  what is the attraction?

i continue to be in awe at the insight and ability of killers to pinpoint locations of survivors.  one of the first tricks of the darkness is convincing people it is is real and to be relied on.

i have come close to such things at one time, there is an unfathomable hunger and...i suspect a wisdom there.  not a good wisdom but a knowledge of the gullibility of humans.  it is something quite real.

Comments

• chemical_reject
    chemical_reject Member Posts: 940
    Options
    ....to darkness?

it is a question and theories abound. myself, i suspect it could have something to do with the attraction people have to this game. the themes, so to speak. some people believe actual evil exists. sometimes covertly, as on a roulette table, if one adds the numbers of 1-36, the sum is 666. perhaps it is not so covert in this game.  the background of the daily rituals board, if you look closely...

the lutz family of the amityville horror, george lutz was obsessed with the occult. check out the documentary "my amityville horror" for reference.  some believe that when one seeks, an...influence comes to meet them. so, as nietzsche said, "when you gaze into the abyss, the abyss in turn gazes into you." what would a manifestation of this look like? discontentment? rage?

what is it within humans that causes us to seek out the corrupt of the world?  i remember well when i read of how players of gta5 would play the torture scene from the campaign over and over again.  what is the attraction?

i continue to be in awe at the insight and ability of killers to pinpoint locations of survivors.  one of the first tricks of the darkness is convincing people it is is real and to be relied on.

i have come close to such things at one time, there is an unfathomable hunger and...i suspect a wisdom there.  not a good wisdom but a knowledge of the gullibility of humans.  it is something quite real.
    Cringe 
  • Killigma
    Killigma Member Posts: 372
    Options

....What?

• chemical_reject
    chemical_reject Member Posts: 940
    Options
    I just miss him kinda. Pompous as he was.