The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

What killers are good at rank 1

What are the mid to high tier killers that are good at rank 1 I was lookin for a new main but I want a killer who can perform well at rank 1

Comments

• WaffleFalafel
    WaffleFalafel Member Posts: 384

Who was your previous main?

• UlvenDagoth
    UlvenDagoth Member Posts: 3,535

The Big 3. Nurse, Spirit, Billy. Why? Cause you can pressure most maps.

With ALOT OF PRACTICE, you can do it with any Killer, but... yeah it's not gonna be every time or easily.

• ohheyitsbobcat
    ohheyitsbobcat Member Posts: 1,708

You can play any killer and be fine at rank 1 but some killers are certainly better than others.

The Original Meta: Nurse, Billy, and Spirit

Honestly just as viable: Huntress, Hag, and Freddy

Still Pretty Good: Demogorgan, Michael, Ghostface

May have a bit harder time but still usable: Everyone else.

More indepth reviews from my own experiences.

Nurse: Blinks through crap and when you're good, you win most of them. I'm on ps4 but I've seen good pc nurses and know she's great.

Spirit: Gets around the map quick and when you're good, it's very easy to down people. Can be hurt with iron will/ Spine chill.

Billy: Instadown plus great map pressure. Can be looped but a good billy can get them sweet corners.

Huntress: Has range but is slow. Requires quite a bit of practice and understanding of survivors to become great with her.

Hag: Great defensive killer when played properly but can be shutdown by flashlights and poor planning. Do not over commit to a chase as she is quite slow.

Freddy: Map control, spoopyness, fake pallets/slowdown. Personally, I'd say he's becoming more and more meta.

Demogorgon: Map control and lunge though it requires proper timing and knowledge of loops. He okay.

Micheal: Instadown but loopable. Has various ways he can be played so he doesn't get quite as repetitive. Spoopy.

Ghostface: Can be hard to keep track of on loops but his power is normally hit or miss.

Everybody else has their ups and downs but the people above are normally considered the "better" killers but everybody has their own opinion on who's good and bad.

I'd say play all of them a little and whoever you end up liking, just stick with them.

• Zixology
    Zixology Member Posts: 1,062

Any character is good at rank 1.

The real question is are YOU a good killer at rank 1?

• Theoretical_Heart
    Theoretical_Heart Member Posts: 398
    edited October 2019

All of them, literally all of them. If you are good with that killer then you will still be good with them at rank 1. The only X killer is good in red ranks crowd is full of it.

I've 4k'd with everyone but Nurse and Spirit at red ranks because I suck with them, ironically half the community will tell you they are the only good killers, lol.

• FriendlyGuy
    FriendlyGuy Member Posts: 2,768

Honestly Spirit. She's the only one left after the upcoming nurse massacre on tuesday.

• GrootDude
    GrootDude Member Posts: 14,110

Nea is pretty good, I used LF.

• johnshark1031
    johnshark1031 Member Posts: 17

The legion I know there bad but now I want to do well I have been looking at ghostface

• UlvenDagoth
    UlvenDagoth Member Posts: 3,535
    edited October 2019

I red ranks as Legion.

It's hard, and it's a Killer that might make you feel like that one guy in the anime taking off his weighted clothes while saying "I'm sorry Master, I must go all out this one time." When choosing someone else. Legion's power actively works against them in some cases, leading me to do better WHEN I DONT USE IT MUCH! (*cries in Legion main* please Devs help)

But... Legion, to me, is the most fun Killer i've ever played even with those issues. I proudly wear the Mask of Legion. Just, when you sign up, remember... This is no place for Cowards.

That being said, "The GhOwOst Face" is my second favorite Killer, cause of the leaning and stalking mechanics, so not a bad choice at all there.

• Attackfrog
    Attackfrog Member Posts: 1,134

The best survivor group will ALWAYS be better than the best killer player (no matter the killer). It's the basis for the game.

Just play the killer you think is best. Most of the learning curve is learning maps and typical survivor player actions/behaviors.

The actually killer mechanics play a role too and I can't know what you consider fun so pick one you like, watch streamers and practice

• Mew
    Mew Member Posts: 1,832

Any killer can be good at rank one, depending on if you’re a good killer or not.

Though the most reliable killers at rank 1 are nurse (yes, even post nerf nurse), spirit, and billy (if youre good with them)