The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Calm Spirit makes you die on hook faster

Is that intended?

Comments

• LordGlint
    LordGlint Member Posts: 8,290

How did you even notice the difference? Anyway youd be willing to make a video of this?

• Stevo
    Stevo Member Posts: 121

The difference is actually fairly noticeable. You lose the entirety of the scream audio and animation from your survivor getting hooked, which also acts as a buffer before the timer starts. It’s only about 10 seconds loss overall on hook time, but it’s very easy to tell the difference on second hook in particular as you start struggling the second you go onto the hook instead of around 5 seconds after when your survivor is done screaming. Doubt anything will happen any time soon as it isn’t a significant problem.

• LordGlint
  • justarandy
    justarandy Member Posts: 1,711

There is a simple work around. Calm spirit doesn't remove the scream but instead just lowers the volume to 0.

• Bravo0413
    Bravo0413 Member Posts: 3,647
    edited October 2019

Its because the perk* is so OP....................... KAPPA

• Mochan
    Mochan Member Posts: 2,886

It's a simple fix I'm sure no matter how bad the spaghetti code is, but it's probably not a priority of BHVR's. A lot of us brought this up a few patches back, I think it started happening around April or so since we actually used Calm Spirit, lol.

• Stevo
    edited October 2019

No, the hook timer is still 1 minute for each phase, there’s just no 5-second scream pausing the timer as the survivor gets hooked. Like I say, it’s not a significant problem, Survivors just have to save a little quicker.

Basically the hook timer is 60 seconds on summoning, 60 seconds on struggling. Depending on if you’re hooked incentive or twice before being sacrificed, there’s also an additional 5 or 10 seconds added due to the “Hooked” animation pausing the timer for it’s duration.

• Snapshot
    Snapshot Member Posts: 914

You can also notice it as the Healthbar below the hook status symbol ends glowing fairly quicker, resulting in a few seconds less time on hook. There are definitely situations where that had cost me a last second hook rescue!

• LordGlint

Not to bash the perk or anything, but a survivor on hook is only SUPPOSE to live for 2 minutes, not 2 minutes 10 seconds. The only thing I'm finding odd is the inconsistency of time.

• Stevo

Yeah, Like I’d said initially, it’s not a significant problem to begin with. Couple of people have already mentioned how they would fix it, it’s just how much attention the Devs pay to this sort of issue. They have much higher priority issues that need tended to than this one, though I completely agree that the consistency is what annoys me.

• Awakey
    Awakey Member Posts: 3,145

It's not a priority issue, but definitely one I think would be an easy fix.