We are investigating an issue around players not receiving their Grade Rewards today, we will give more information as it becomes available. Apologies for the inconvenience.

Would you approve of this generator change?

Options
MysticAdvisor
MysticAdvisor Member Posts: 453
edited October 2019 in Polls

Gen time in my opinion is not the answer We need but what if we spiced up the game a bit and added in “special generators”.

7 generators in a match lets say 3 are normal/ 2 are solar/ and 2 are magnetic or hydro( idk).

also offerings could change the amount of each.

Like:

-Vintage gear: All generators will revert to basic this match( any other gen offerings will change currently affected gens) rare.

-solar panel fragment: An extra solar generator will spawn(common)

-Crimson magnet: An extra magnetic generator will spawn(common)

Mechanics:

Normal gen: As is.

Magnetic gen/ hydro( this idea isn’t realistic but screw it it’s just a game): Survivors first must complete the gen or magnet speed up to 50% then they must find and insert 1-2 gen parts( wiring, gear, fuse) after a special skill check for installing the parts, the gen may be completed.

Time: 60 seconds overall

Solar gen: Is silent while worked on. After installing 3 parts( solar panel, motherboard, battery) the gen will pop automatically in 30 seconds.

Special skillchecks: a circle with 2 areas to hit, the first one is yellow the second one is normal.

You must hit the white; however, if you hit the yellow as well you immediately install the part.

Also parts can be found in chests and near gens or hooks.

What do you think worthy idea or not very good? Explain why you think it would or wouldn’t work.

Would you approve of this generator change? 20 votes

Yeah good idea
25%
seagl3eNullSp3cCreepingcam1070pleasedontbetoxic117critskey 5 votes
Yeah it’s a good idea but...
15%
InnCognitodfrenchiee8obot1c 3 votes
Nah not for me.
15%
BossStevoTunnelVision 3 votes
Nope I don’t see this working.
45%
arslaNse05239CJsDBDthen4321MedicSpirit7ToxicboiiChiTenshigaydavidkingGreentheNinja 9 votes
Post edited by MysticAdvisor on

Comments

• ChiTenshi
    ChiTenshi Member Posts: 877
    edited October 2019
    Options

The concept of generators (or some generators) having additional requirements could potentially help with game-pacing and spice up stagnant strats, but this is too in favour of the Killer.

The Survivors would never be able to finish any gens mid-late game as the Killer increases their presence patrolling the remaining gens.

• MysticAdvisor
    MysticAdvisor Member Posts: 453
    Options

I see that, if you could make a change what would you make?

• 8obot1c
    8obot1c Member Posts: 1,129
    Options
    Yeah it’s a good idea but...

Im going to put this, but not give an answer >:)

• ChiTenshi
    ChiTenshi Member Posts: 877
    Options

If a generator requires parts, they should be added to the gen before the gen is allowed to be worked on. The Killer should not be able to remove the parts (unless they have a perk allowing them to), however the Killer's can see where the parts are (maybe with certain restrictions).

I would expand on the parts and potentially have them found in lockers, totems, the basement, make certain game mechanics have more impact and potential objectives.

I would recommend sticking to 1 of the 2 skill-check formats: standard or high difficulty hit (see DS, Overcharge, etc). Adding more skill-check types would make the game more confusing than it needs to be. If you want to test players with the skill-check, add effects to the skill-check (see Doctor Madness, Huntress Lullaby, etc).