We are investigating an issue in the game that causes strobing/flashing lights, and are focused on fixing it as soon as possible. Some players may be impacted by this issue and experience discomfort from it, so we recommend taking proper precautions.

And until we fix this issue, we recommend that players with photosensitivity, or who have an epileptic condition or have had seizures of any kind consult their physician before playing.

Would you first person as a survivior

Options
swamptrash
swamptrash Member Posts: 75

We been talking about this a bit. I feel like it would be fun. More scary.. Better for a field of view ...

Would you first person as a survivior 35 votes

Yes... Why
57%
BossGibberishRattmanMister_xDPeasantTheRealHansGruberJoelux1danielbird11Dolphin9192TragicSolitudeAndreyu44LittleLiamRicardiBacardiMysticAdvisorCarlosylupleasedontbetoxic117anonymous31337Lavalinater9209Starbricks19Ka1ro 20 votes
No... Why
34%
OnryosTapeRentalsFibijeanarslaNSoylentPixieHoodiedantgnsteathen4321DreskiYaiPaMedicSpirit7DarootLeafstormKenshiro84 12 votes
Other.
5%
Micheal_MyersAhoyWolf 2 votes
Doyle rules
2%
Nick 1 vote

Comments

• pleasedontbetoxic117
    Options
    Yes... Why

It would make the game a lot more balanced since everyone's perspective the same as Killer plus actually reintroduces true horror to the game.

• swamptrash
    swamptrash Member Posts: 75
    Options
  • Micheal_Myers
    Micheal_Myers Member Posts: 1,147
    Options
    Other.

I would try it out.

• LittleLiam
    LittleLiam Member Posts: 34
    Options
    Yes... Why

I would love an option to have a 1st person view and limited/ no hud. Maybe make it dynamic when when something changes it'll appear for a few seconds before leaving.

I just think the game has gotten nowhere near as scary as it was when I first picked it up. It would add a lot more fun, scares and tension to the mix. As long as it's optional it should be fine and maybe throw in some bonus bloodpoints for playing at a disadvantage

• Peasant
    Peasant Member Posts: 4,104
    Options
    Yes... Why

People don't seem to truly fear the killers anymore. If you play in first person you'll be able to see just how massive killers are. Besides, killers have been playing in first person for years and if the FOV is freely adjustable (or naturally wide as killer with Shadowborn) it would make a great addition to the game.

• YaiPa
    YaiPa Member Posts: 1,929
    Options
    No... Why

You would get sick watching fast vaults, looping would be 100% harder (both coordination, and the huge nerf survivors would get [think about how difficult the shack would become]).

• fluffymareep
    fluffymareep Member Posts: 634
    Options

Hi. What does "Doyle rules" mean?

• Fibijean
    Fibijean Member Posts: 8,342
    Options
    No... Why

Sure it would be scarier, but the entire game has been balanced around survivors being in third-person. I'd try it out for fun, but I'd never consider actually playing that way. It would be practically suicidal.

• TragicSolitude
    TragicSolitude Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 6,685
    Options
    Yes... Why

A first-person POV would be limiting, ie the player receives less information. The less information a person has, the scarier something is. Plus, third person POV distances the player from the experience. I've never really understood why this game was created so that the survivors play in third person and killers play in first person. Seems backwards.

• Carlosylu
    Carlosylu Member Posts: 2,948
    Options
    Yes... Why

It would make me actually feel scared sometimes, imagine 1st person view against GF or Myers, damn!

• TheRealHansGruber
    TheRealHansGruber Member Posts: 204
    Options
    Yes... Why

Only if they made it more climbing/movement oriented, if it felt kinda like the outlast series in terms of movement id be down

• Hoodied
    Hoodied Member Posts: 12,994
    Options
    No... Why

First person would make it fun, but still third person is far better

• Starbricks19
    Starbricks19 Member Posts: 74
    Options
    Yes... Why

This is my opinion: we should have a new killer eg:

Vampire style killer with ability that target one survivor, the survivor targeted will change to first person view and tier of blood will drop on the screen for a limited time.

Why this? First is a new cool ability and is far from useless, first person compare to third person is already scary and the field of view is limited, second with the tier of blood is even more limited making it a scary new way to escape a killer!

• Dolphin9192
    Dolphin9192 Member Posts: 130
    Options
    Yes... Why

No terror radius killers would be terrifying.