Closing hatch shouldn't power the gate

I'm very bored waiting for the survivors to show themselves in the hatch every match.

Also I don't understand they have a way to escape even no gens are completed.

Killer has no chance to sacrifice one survivor when all survivors are alive and the door is powered.

Comments

• Davidjzuniga
    Davidjzuniga Member Posts: 53

You've gotta be joking. The hatch opens when there is one survivor left whether or not the gens are done. If the gates didnt power then it would literally be a death sentence for the last survivor alive. How bout you actually play a survivor game before posting bait like this. ECG is already killer sided enough.

• renaclock
    renaclock Member Posts: 32

I play both survivor and killer.

No gens are done,only one survivor left.

That means you lost.

EGC isn't killer side.It depends on luck.

• renaclock
    renaclock Member Posts: 32

I see.

After closing the hatch on a large map, survivor may escape before killer reach the door.

I sometimes wait over 10 minutes on the hatch when the doors are hard to patrol.

• fluffymareep
    fluffymareep Member Posts: 634

When you close the hatch, you close off the generators. How it was before was that the hatch would always be open and you could have a stand-off or do gens. With how it is now, you literally have one thing to do. You could easily catch the last survivor and it'd be almost impossible to get out.

Lore-wise it's so that survivors have hope, despite the odds. Game-wise, you're basically dead if the killer is even remotely good. Doesn't matter if you carried the team, did the most gens, was on a team of farming people.

• StevePerryPsychOut
    StevePerryPsychOut Member Posts: 190

Just no dude... hatch standoffs were the worst. It's better this way, honestly.

• MissGamer456
    MissGamer456 Member Posts: 154
    edited October 2019

Someone greedy for that 4K.

Just as much as you wanna kill the survivor they just as much wanna get out. I seriously don’t get why some killers think they are “Entitled” to always get a 4K.

You wins some You lose some. Just because you feel like a survivor should die because there no gens its a weak argument to make.

• FriendlyGuy
    FriendlyGuy Member Posts: 2,768

Yep, hatch mechanic is a bit weird by itself, but at least the game ends in every case.

• NMCKE
    NMCKE Member Posts: 8,243
    edited October 2019

Assuming the generators aren't blocked, how will a survivor complete the remaining amount of generators within 2 minutes? Keep in mind one generator takes 80 seconds, and that's not factoring killer interference. :(

• xGREENCATx
    xGREENCATx Member Posts: 431

Rip the Perk and the achievement for powering gens when you’re the last one alive

• Raptorrotas
    Raptorrotas Member Posts: 3,237

Dont bother, survivors apparantly need that safety blanket.

Just be happy killer doesnt have some "free kills" mechanic. The complaints would be unreasonably worse than what killers rightfully complain about free escapes.

Remenber boys and girls, there are no kills that dont have survivor counterplay. Or killer gameplay. Enjoy the iwin-button.

• ASurvkillivorer
    ASurvkillivorer Member Posts: 1,840

Escaping through the hatch when no gens got done is ridiculous.

• UlvenDagoth
    UlvenDagoth Member Posts: 3,535

As A Killer main, I like how it is now. You make that hatch not power gates and things will go down hill QUICKLY.

• Mochan
    Mochan Member Posts: 2,886
    edited October 2019

Sorry, but this is the kind of post that gets a "Git Gud"

Also seems you weren't around last year before they introduced the EGC. Believe me, you're much, much better off now than last year. But what you're asking for is basically how it used to be.

Go figure, the grass really is always greener...

• Monlyth
    Monlyth Member Posts: 982

EGC is only killer sided if the killer closes the hatch. If it starts because an exit gate opened, the Survivors are going to escape unless they screw up big time.

• Mochan
    Mochan Member Posts: 2,886

This is the design of the game mechanically and lore-wise.

Survivors are always supposed to have hope. They've actually been trimming that hope smaller and smaller and smaller with each patch. But it must always be there. The entity feeds on that hope and delights when that last hope is finally crushed. Mechanically it is good because otherwise survivors would just DC the moment something goes wrong....

Oops.

And there you have it. The game is already so hopeless for many survivors to the point that they just DC at the drop of the hat, and you are still looking for more nerfs. On something that was already nerfed. Come on.

• ASurvkillivorer
    ASurvkillivorer Member Posts: 1,840

Until recently...

and you could apply that logic to anything in the game to explain any number of changes. There is no hope when your're dead on hook. That doesn't mean that needs some type of change up either.

• UlvenDagoth
    UlvenDagoth Member Posts: 3,535

alot of them do that anyway though... just saying XP

• BunnyTheHutt
    BunnyTheHutt Member Posts: 1,773

This is simply false on all accords. If you are the last one left, you simply need too find hatch, and Left Behind fixes the problem of hunting it down. Or if you want too camp an exit gate run Wake Up so you are guaranteed an escape even if the killer finds you.

Without an EGC the match would be held hostage by survivors being super immersed like before EGC, and I personally don't want too wait 10 hours just too hook the claud that's been in the basement. You need too look at both sides before saying something is unfair, because EGC is fine as is, and doesn't need changes.

• DeathEscape
    DeathEscape Member Posts: 313

My opinion is that there is no need to change anything about that.

• blackx2
    blackx2 Member Posts: 56

5 gens left, 3 dead, 1 through the hatch

Yep.. it's a really awesome balanced match for that survivor who escaped and others who died doing nothing or trying to.

Btw, If you find the hatch first (is more easy for killers).. Anyone left is probably dead.