Backwater Swamp

Beardedragon
Beardedragon Member Posts: 425
edited July 2018 in General Discussions

am i the only one that really hates this map as a killer? i mean i like it as a survivor due to all the grass and all that.

but as a killer, wow i cant see at all where im running, where survivors are running, or where anything is running. this is definitly the stage where i lose track of survivors the most.

scratchmarks disappear from me in the tall grass and even running bloodhound doesnt seem to help me a ton.

i feel so blind doing this map.

Comments

• Paddy4583
    Paddy4583 Member Posts: 864
    edited July 2018

am i the only one that really hates this map as a killer? i mean i like it as a survivor due to all the grass and all that.

but as a killer, wow i cant see at all where im running, where survivors are running, or where anything is running. this is definitly the stage where i lose track of survivors the most.

scratchmarks disappear from me in the tall grass and even running bloodhound doesnt seem to help me a ton.

I hate that map, if your playing the smaller killers it’s even worse. Same when chasing in that freeking corn
  • HP_Refill
    HP_Refill Member Posts: 29

I hate the map as survivor and killer.

• RSB
    RSB Member Posts: 2,258

@Beardedragon said:

I would delete these and Farm maps from the game if I could, really.

• Beardedragon
    Beardedragon Member Posts: 425

i actually thought i was the only one. when i watch streamers they seem to be able to find and track down people doing chases fine, but i cant see a god damn thing.

and yea, crouching as the Pig in that stage is a nightmare!

why does survivors hate the map?

• Mr_Jay_Stark
    Mr_Jay_Stark Member Posts: 539
    I also dislike this map! It’s barely any good with trapper and hag (emphasis on barely)

The only reason why I dislike it as survivor is because the map doesn’t look nice like I get it’s a swamp but Shrek lives in a swamp and his doesn’t even look as bad as backwater 
  • TeaLeaf
    TeaLeaf Member Posts: 205

hate it, the swamp maps are always a bad time for me.

• Visionmaker
    Visionmaker Member Posts: 2,051

i actually thought i was the only one. when i watch streamers they seem to be able to find and track down people doing chases fine, but i cant see a god damn thing.

and yea, crouching as the Pig in that stage is a nightmare!

why does survivors hate the map?

Totems take years to find and are harder to see, and God forbid the Killer is Hag.

Jigsaw Boxes can be placed on the four corners of the map, meaning you'll die if anything happens.

The bottom areas are mazes, it's easy to run into a dead-end and get yourself killed, and it takes forever to find an entrance/exit.

The pallet/vault distribution is god awful because they're heavily concentrated in land marks, so you're pretty much dead if you're caught in the open.

But I like it better than getting MacMillan for the fiftieth time in a row.
  • Dwight_Fairfield
    Dwight_Fairfield Member Posts: 6,900

Generally I love the swamp maps as survivor, especially Pale Rose. The only negative is finding totems. Next to the Game, its the toughest map to locate them.

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

@Beardedragon said:

Yeah, it RNGjesus decides to give me that map several times in a short time, I simply DC :wink:
    Oh and if you are versing dark-green claudettes, dont even bother trying on swamp