Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Trapper Buffs

M2Fream
M2Fream Member Posts: 288
1) starts with 3 traps but loses ability to hold 3 after placeing the first one, then he can hold 2 by default
2) can throw traps at a distance right in front of him to set them instead of bending down
3) Traps have bigger hitboxes and the propt for disarming a trap is only shiwn when looking directly at the trap
4) New option to manually trap windows and pallets so they will always trap survivors instead of trying to inch around until you think you have the perfect place
5) Remove the downfalls of all addons

Comments

• xxaggieboyxx
    xxaggieboyxx Member Posts: 498
    I agree with all but 2... couldn't you just throw them at survivors for an insta down?? I am all for buffing killers but that would only cause whining and complaining 
  • RagingRealm
    RagingRealm Member Posts: 70

None of these are good suggestions.

• M2Fream

None of these are good suggestions.

Thanks for the helpful and constructive feedback that was 100% structured in such a way that will help me to improve my ideas and know what was wrong with them in the first place and what you would like to see
    ... -_-
  • Abyssionknight
    Abyssionknight Member Posts: 69
    edited July 2018

Seems kind of early to consider trapper buffs before the current trapper buffs have been released and have real playtime.

• Baphomett
    Baphomett Member Posts: 394
    I do think 3 is a big deal.  Not only are they easy to get around, but there's currently a disarm vacuum.  I think the vacuum mechanic is good in most cases - no wont to screw arou dgetting lined up perfectly for an action - but in all cases it should require being inside a somewhat shallow angle in front of you.
  • Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,590
    All he needs is to start with 3 traps at base and can carry at least 2 at base. Secondly, more traps on the map. Lastly, the rng of escapes needs to be fixed. The traps aren’t as rewarding for how many times survivors instantly get out before you can even get there.
  • Envees
    Envees Member Posts: 370

One of the biggest improvements they could make is to increase the trap trigger area size. Right now and for as long as i have been playing, which is just over a year now ( i stopped playing a month ago now ), survs have been able to tip toe around traps even when placed dead smack in the middle of paths that they have to use.

So not only can his power be disabled with sabo and tool boxes but by using nothing at all. Just walk around them. This is very frustrating.

• michaelmyers87
    michaelmyers87 Member Posts: 458
    I always felt with trapper that I need 1 extra trap as a default and accessible traps halfway through the match and I’m good. 

Rework the addons also. 

But like how many times do you play trapper and half way through the match you’re simply naked. No traps around. 
  • michaelmyers87
    michaelmyers87 Member Posts: 458
    M2Fream said:
    1) starts with 3 traps but loses ability to hold 3 after placeing the first one, then he can hold 2 by default
    2) can throw traps at a distance right in front of him to set them instead of bending down
    3) Traps have bigger hitboxes and the propt for disarming a trap is only shiwn when looking directly at the trap
    4) New option to manually trap windows and pallets so they will always trap survivors instead of trying to inch around until you think you have the perfect place
    1) is heading in the right direction. 
    2) completely silly
    3) yeah but not too much bigger 

• Delfador
    Delfador Member Posts: 2,552

@M2Fream said:

If 2 is like clown's ability, then no it would be too powerful. Instead, It would be very cool if he and the hag could place the traps without losing line of sight. So they will be able to place the traps without looking at the ground. It wouldn't make them op but they would be more enjoyable and powerful.

• M2Fream
    No no, I didnt mean THROW traps I meant like toss them  1/4 a meter so he would be able to set them without losing line of sight and bending down
  • Someissues
    Someissues Member Posts: 1,604

He only needs base carrying capacity increase by 1, meaning he starts with 1 trap still, but he can pick up to 2 traps

The devs intended on doing this before, but they scatch the idea out, it was so dumb and he needed it so bad, now it's extremely reliant on add-ons and uncommon trapper bag fixs nothing

• Zanfer
    Zanfer Member Posts: 647

@M2Fream said:

1. They are already coming out with a buff where he can hold up to 5 traps with addons.
    2. Would this be an addon?
    3. New addons will make disarming a trap less rewarding than before.
    4. This is more of a play trapper more than buff manually.
    5. They are already reworking addons for him.
  • Someissues

@Zanfer said:
    1. They are already coming out with a buff where he can hold up to 5 traps with addons.

It's not really a buff since Trapper bags was very common in the Bloodweb, and no trappers will stacks two trapper bags, it's not efficient, many trappers mains would like to use disarm time / sabo/ tar bottle/ diamond stone without using a bag at all, as of now all trappers are forced to sacrifice a slot for the bag

• Zanfer
    Zanfer Member Posts: 647

@Someissues said:

@Zanfer said:

It's not really a buff since Trapper bags was very common in the Bloodweb, and no trappers will stacks two trapper bags, it's not efficient, many trappers mains would like to use disarm time / sabo/ tar bottle/ diamond stone without using a bag at all, as of now all trappers are forced to sacrifice a slot for the bag

ok true, but they did say in the buff that he is getting an extra trap anyways too

• Someissues
    edited July 2018

@Zanfer said:
    ok true, but they did say in the buff that he is getting an extra trap anyways too

they added a new add-on called Trapper Sack, common addon. he is not getting extra trap, only via a useless add-on which makes him even more addons-reliant

he's still bad and his core kit has not been fixed, which is his picking up traps at start with his default 1 carrying capacity. Hag rework is nice but trapper beside addons rework his base kit is still bad. he is not viable at high ranked/ tournament without using the strongest add-ons

and sacrificing one slot to trapper bag is dumb and stupid, if you don't run bags you will waste a ton of time picking up traps one by one, when u go pick them survivors gets rescued, disarm your trap etc

if i want to use the Diamond stone + disarm increase combo, i will get punished cuz no trapper bag, just an example