We are investigating an issue around players not receiving their Grade Rewards today, we will give more information as it becomes available. Apologies for the inconvenience.

How much skill does survivor take, compared to killer?

Options
Acesthetiic
Acesthetiic Member Posts: 1,077

Just curious to know! Explain if you’d like.

How much skill does survivor take, compared to killer? 73 votes

Very little
20%
GibberishLRGamerRaveanTeh_DuuuDeDelsKibaraRaven014CarlosyluNerfFireUpanonymous31337[Deleted User]Rin_is_my_waifuDoctorShockBoigaydavidkingEndstilleomegalul 15 votes
Somewhat less
32%
WeederickBossAdelooDaddyTrappersGirlJaggy0h_DoctorSpacingLlamasWendig0_Bac0nmanJordanwalker32JawsIsTheNextKillerGrim[Deleted User]dfrenchieeRIP_LegionMrPenguinAwakeyLentorooTechnicCreepingcam1070Yung_Slug 24 votes
The same
24%
RizzoLuigifan64ShugoriAcesthetiicJacoby2041AzurlynxABannedCatAndreyu44sensualsatanAhoyWolfZoldyarEnderloganYTChiTenshiIcewhisperSebaOutbreakRezblazeRedNaylDusterDelo 18 votes
Somewhat more
12%
TheLegendDyl4n1AxX7891RaptorrotasGrootDudexEaForceful_SporkTunnelVisionNoOneEscapesNancySherry 9 votes
A lot
6%
PuggyMohawkInnCognitoNuclearBurritoSlayer192845Allhel1 5 votes
This game takes no skill on either side
2%
Joelux1Shaped 2 votes

Comments

• Raptorrotas
    Raptorrotas Member Posts: 3,210
    Options
    Somewhat more

Might sound somewhat weird coming from me, but being a good survivor is probably a bit harder than being an average killer.

For killers, theres a limit on how much your skill can influence the killers kit, adding a limit depending on your killer choice. For maximum "killer role potential" youd need to be good at the game and choose a high tier killer.

For survivors theres no such hard limit. Your skill is the most influence on your performance. Both potatoes and depip god squads have the same tools at their disposal.

But remember, this is a 4v1, even if it's easier to get into liller, doesnt mean thats favoring them.

Edit: before anyone calls me out on it, yes bad teammates will obviously influence your performance.

• Raven014
    Raven014 Member Posts: 4,188
    Options
    Very little

It's skill of a different type, but still way less and much easier skill to acquire than killer skill.

• Luigifan64
    Luigifan64 Member Posts: 1,110
    Options
    The same

About the same, the only difference being (now more than ever with Dedicated Servers) that Survivor is more likely to be ######### over by bullshit. Hitboxes, laggy skillchecks, sounds bugging out, ect; I’ve had way more f-you moments as survivor than I have with killer. So I guess in a sense killer is easier, but if the game worked how it was supposed to I’d say it’s similar. Although saying that though, killer is far too easy if you run stuff like Ruin, Pop Goes the Braincell, or Sloppy together; you don’t even have to try winning at that point.

• Slayer192845
    Slayer192845 Member Posts: 92
    Options
    A lot

As somebody who plays both sides I'm answering from my experience, the only reason I find killer to be a lot easier is because I am controlling how my match goes, as a survivor I'm relying on three other players to be at least decent provided I am playing solo and if I am playing survive with friends, I'm playing with my friends... and my friends (sorry if you're reading this lmao) aren't the greatest players compared to me (not being an ass about it, just making a simple observation) and with the new matchmaking system my rank 8-12 friends get pulled into matches with rank 1-4 killers

• Awakey
    Awakey Member Posts: 3,145
    Options
    Somewhat less

Not by a lot, there's just less to learn as a Survivor.

• MrPenguin
    MrPenguin Member Posts: 2,340
    Options
    Somewhat less

It doesn't take no skill, but all you really have to learn as survivor is hold m1, learn gen locations, when to save, and how to waste the killers time. Learn that and you'll be fine. As survivor I feel pretty relaxed unless its a Spirit or certain really strong add-ons.

Killers have to deal with 4 people instead of 1, cut chases short, learn their specific killers power, mind game, know where survivors will most likely be, when to drop chase, and know when to slug or patrol a certain area to keep up pressure like the hook or a gen.

If you mess up as a survivor, you might get punished and have a myriad of second chance perks to make your life easier as well as teammates to help. Killers mess up and the games over and you might have noed if they didn't cleanse, and then they break the hex and get the save anyway if you did.

This is just at a basic level, there's more to each role of course but these are some of the main skills that you can get by on. This is my experience in the game at least.

• Rezblaze
    Rezblaze Member Posts: 843
    Options
    The same

Here's my hot take.

The issue with killer side isn't skill. There isn't much skill a Killer can do because usually mechanics are so limited.

It's a matter of efficiency. Low rank survivors are lacking skill and knowledge and are easy for the killer. But as the Killer approaches red ranks, efficiency spikes for survivors and the Killer has no way to make up for it.

Mind games are about tricking people, which doesn't take my skill, just know how and trying to get the survivor to make a slip up. Unless you're Huntress, Billy, Nurse, Demogorgon, or Freddy, there's a lot more skill and strategy involved. But for most killers, you simply don't have the ability to be skilled, and yet they're expected to keep up with survivors at peak efficiency.

• andyollolloll
    andyollolloll Member Posts: 940
    Options
    Somewhat less

I'll play survior when I need a rest, the intense juggling of a killer can only be done for a few games and not first thing in a morning over a hot coffee

• LordRegal
    LordRegal Member Posts: 1,547
    Options
    Somewhat less

Survivor has a higher skill floor but a much lower skill ceiling. I’m absolutely ######### at looping but I’ve been to rank 1 multiple times and excel at losing the killer. Killer meanwhile gets more and more stressful the higher up you go in ranks, and knowing how to play each map optimally as a killer to keep up with optimal survivors is harder than becoming an optimal survivor.

• Yung_Slug
    Yung_Slug Member Posts: 2,238
    Options
    Somewhat less

Still a pretty potato Survivor but I can make it to rank 1 Survivor much easier than rank 1 Killer.

• gaydavidking
    gaydavidking Member Posts: 158
    Options
    Very little

The only things survivors have to do compared to killers is 1) work on gens so just hold m1, 2) hide when terror radius gets near, and 3) run around a rock a few times and maybe throw down a pallet or two. None of which requires any mechanical skill like Billy's chainsaw, nurse blinks or Huntress hatchets.

• ABannedCat
    ABannedCat Member Posts: 2,529
    edited November 2019
    Options
    The same

Depends on whether you are solo or with SWF.

As solo, it can be quite skillful. Lots of prediction regarding your teammates' action is required to be successful as solo. You as a single person needs to be good at evading the killer, be at chases or stealth, while at the same time make sure generators get done at a reasonable pace.

In a 4-man SWF group on the other hand, even a chimpanzee could win 90% of the games. Purely because of communication and coordination. Having infuence on your fellow mates' action, knowing what they are doing, and coordinating your efforts towards a single goal, like a risky unhook, or breaking a 3generator strategy means you as a single entity don't need to be good at the game.