We are investigating an issue around players not receiving their Grade Rewards today, we will give more information as it becomes available. Apologies for the inconvenience.

Voice chat for DBD, improving solo experience

Options
Carlosylu
Carlosylu Member Posts: 2,948
edited October 2019 in Polls

Giving credit of the idea to @Starbricks19 but added a poll for a more objective "counting" of perception.

The voice chat would have an option to mute specific persons in order to avoid breathing, annoying sounds, squirrel voices, etc.

EDIT: PLEASE have console players in consideration (no chat box EVER)

Voice chat for DBD, improving solo experience 93 votes

Yes, through all the game, from lobby to post game chat (the killer can't hear it)
7%
DustinMc_HartyArk_the_BonsaiKeanuqwertyNuclearBurrito[Deleted User]Manquiwito 7 votes
Yes, but only pre-game in the lobby to at least have a strategy (killer can't hear it)
9%
FibijeanTATAHARAMBEElkStrancolGrootDudeAwakeyCarlosyluStarbricks19BadBuddha64 9 votes
Yes, everyone can hear each other but you can choose to hear or not
6%
ShugoriRieBoosted_DwightGreentheNinjacritskeySilentSpectre 6 votes
Yes (add your conditions)
2%
Jacoby2041RIP_Legion 2 votes
No, solo is fine as it is
74%
MandytwistedmonkeyScience_Guywildcats25BossFoggyDownpourGibberishRattmanLevelSwordFrozenTeambossFlozeDaddyTrappersGirlJoelux1will_i_am_14_85Stormhaven13MiriamGPluTapeKnotpuppet88arslaN 69 votes

Comments

• will_i_am_14_85
    will_i_am_14_85 Member Posts: 489
    Options

No, never. There is a chat box if you wish to discuss strat before a trial.

• TATAHARAMBE
    TATAHARAMBE Member Posts: 120
    Options
    Yes, but only pre-game in the lobby to at least have a strategy (killer can't hear it)

yes, but.. i don't know. i don't like talking to people and i'm shy. maybe in the pre-game lobby yes, because i can write, but otherwise no.

• Carlosylu
    Options

Which has a countdown if 4 survivors already are in lobby and writing is slower than speaking OBVIOUSLY. BTW, thank you for having consoles in consideration (no chat box EVER)

• DelsKibara
    DelsKibara Member Posts: 3,127
    Options

Oh God no. Just no.

• Bithard
    Bithard Member Posts: 406
    Options

Solo is a pain at the moment but proximity voice chat would make it worse. I'm happy in my own little bubble and only want to chat if I'm playing with friends.

• Carlosylu
    Options

@Starbricks19 Where are you? We need your vote and opinion dude, it was actually a good idea to even ask about it, even if it's a no, we need more people trying to improve the game

• NeonAlien
    NeonAlien Member Posts: 328
    Options

No. I don't want to talk or listen to random people and I'd hate if this was required to play the game properly. I only play SWF & coms with people I know are chill and friendly.

• Carlosylu
    Options

I'm guessing you didn't read, it would be an OPTION to enter the voice chat, not a must

• NeonAlien
    NeonAlien Member Posts: 328
    Options

I know, still it implies that you have to turn it on to have a "valid experience" and if you don't, you're left out.

• Carlosylu
    Options

Ok, I'll give you that one. I was looking at it as an experienced player, but it's true, a new player would think it's a "must do"

• Starbricks19
    Starbricks19 Member Posts: 74
    Options

Thanks @Carlosylu for the citation, the idea of a pre match chat is amazing imo. Not breaking atmosphere in game, giving you around 60 sec to organize something, useful and not game braking. Congrats

• Elk
    Elk Member Posts: 2,267
    Options

For me, i don't like to talk that much, shy too. But just the option for pre-game lobby talk could be fine. I have a PS4 so it can be like....*Day Dreaming*

Random:"hey...hey Elk wanna party chat..?" Elk:"...." Random:"Hey, you got a mic?" Elk:"..." *🔈🔉🔊🔈Mic symbol goes off* Random:"Hey! you.."*Game starts*

Personally i would like it not be in-game, for me to have the experience of solitude, unless i want it to not be. However, if it goes in-game, i won't be bugged if i can disable it.

• Boosted_Dwight
    Boosted_Dwight Member Posts: 3,047
    Options
    Yes, everyone can hear each other but you can choose to hear or not

Wait I take it back! D:

• Carlosylu
    Options

LOLOLOLOL

• Elk
    Options

It's too late>:) We know what you really want. Hahaha!

• aerafield
    aerafield Member Posts: 47
    Options

Voicechat would render numerous perks completely useless and majority would use it for trolling or shittalk

• Boosted_Dwight
    Boosted_Dwight Member Posts: 3,047
    Options
  • Elk
    Options

Because it was basic instinct! Haha*Evil Twirling* Hahaha

• Jacoby2041
    Jacoby2041 Member Posts: 843
    Options
    Yes (add your conditions)

Ultimately they probably shouldn't add voice chat this far into it but if they did I'd be okay with it if they fixed the numerous perks that would be rendered basically useless because of it. Such as Bond, Empathy, Aftercare, even killer perks like Knock Out and maybe Third Seal.

• Dr_Loomis
    Dr_Loomis Member Posts: 3,703
    Options

Sorry, no. Voice chat would be awful for DBD.

• Karl_Childers
    Karl_Childers Member Posts: 669
    edited October 2019
    Options

Absolutely not.

I would no longer play the game. The ability to mute doesn’t help, as the idea is killers would be buffed (or survivors nerfed) to compensate for everyone using voice chat. Therefore if you don’t use it, you are going to have a miserable experience. So in that sense, it is forced. Also teammates are likely to not give two shits about you and be annoyed if you have them muted and they are communicating. No way. I honestly think this would be the death sentence for the game. Majority of survivors play solo, and many will be driven away. Not all will just switch to killer, a lot will just leave the game. This will in turn lead to crazy long killer queues, and eventually the game will just die off. Adding voice chat doesn’t gain players, people who want voice chat are already playing SWF. All you do is lose players.

Post edited by Karl_Childers on
  • GrootDude
    GrootDude Member Posts: 14,110
    Options

Not on console

• Walker_of_the_fog_96
    Walker_of_the_fog_96 Member Posts: 1,238
    Options

Its fine 😊

• pleasedontbetoxic117
    Options

I like the way it's on consoles besides that I would only say yes to voice chat for the memes.

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,613
    Options

I didn't want to say that "solo is fine as is", but there's no other "No" option, so there you go.

• Kennishi
    Kennishi Member Posts: 20
    Options

I don't think this should be an option. It will really take away from the survivor experience in the game.

Here you are, 4 survivors getting hunted by a serial killer while trying to repair generators to power an exit gate and escape - but now you got walkie-talkies.

"Claudette this is Jake, I'm almost done with the last gen, how are you holding up?"

*static noise* "I'm - *heavy panting* he's right behind me!" *screams loudly as audio cuts off*

"Hatch it is then."

• Keanuqwerty
    Keanuqwerty Member Posts: 126
    Options
    Yes, through all the game, from lobby to post game chat (the killer can't hear it)

I mainly play solo and there is ligit no way to communicate to other survivers on console besides group chats, also... WHERE IS THE TEXT BOX? i even have a keyboard plugged into my colsole for chatting in other games, so where the hell is the pre game chat? (p.s. i used to play this game on pc and i KNOW they have one)

• Nyaren_Chan
    Nyaren_Chan Member Posts: 243
    Options

Never. That's one of the things i like about DBD: you don't have voice chats. I think the pre-game chat is good enough, and how do you wanna have a strategy if you don't know what map you're gonna be one ( except with offerings ) and especially what killer you're gonna be up against ?

• FoggyDownpour
    FoggyDownpour Member Posts: 288
    Options

Definitely not, DbD was meant to have little communication between survivors and voice chat is the exact opposite of that. It's a whole new game at that point and people already use exterior vc, myself included. There's much more skill involved when there's no voice to give you information, you have to pick up on all the subtle clues and I think it's far better that way, not to mention that the game was originally more balanced that way.

There's also the pre game chat, but that's only beneficial for pc players. Others have to deal with it overall, but I actually never really felt a loss for the chat when I started playing on console. Of course there are great end chat moments, but I find that it doesn't really enhance the game as much as I had thought.

• TeambossFloze
    TeambossFloze Member Posts: 1,260
    Options

If you want to talk to your team mates so bad then 3rd party up / discord / psn etc

If not then tough

• andyollolloll
    andyollolloll Member Posts: 940
    Options

Console players are already doing this with swf. I call it cheating as comms with the other players is extremely powerful and of course fun to do. I could write a list of the advantages from players with perks just set up for being chased, gen work, stalking killer... There is nothing in the game that helps the killer against this but almost all swf will be on comms when comms in the game is supposed to be pointing and hand summoning

• andyollolloll
    andyollolloll Member Posts: 940
    Options

Would have chosen no but you added it was as fine as it is.

It needs to be acknowledged this is being used and perks increased or reduced.

If I use a mori / secret (like keys shouldn't be in the game) the teams normally exit the game to a new lobby

• se05239
    se05239 Member Posts: 3,919
    Options

I'd mute it if it was implemented.