Can we please buff the Doctor

Options

I love being the doctor and I love playing against him, the only bad part is that he just doesn't compete with killers like nurse, spirit, Billy etc. Can we please just make him better somehow lol

Comments

• Fibijean
    Fibijean Member Posts: 8,342
    Options

The devs have confirmed that Doctor is next on their list of killers to be looked at and potentially reworked/buffed.

• LordGlint
    LordGlint Member Posts: 8,023
    Options

Was about to disagree with you and say he just needs small touches, but... Can you imagine gaining the power to trade places with imaginary doctors on the other side of the map?

• Mikeasaurus
    Mikeasaurus Member Posts: 2,327
    Options

It would make the Doctor more of a challenge, one that I'd welcome! His shock attack is annoying, but it's not like it's anything severe to deal with. If he operated like the Hag's projection teleport, he'd be much more terrifying. It would be a great idea if he got more effects, beyond just 'fake hallucinations' or 'endless terror heartbeat'. Perhaps even perceiving survivors as a Doctor for a few seconds at Madness 3.

• LordGlint
    Options

My only real wish for him is a slightly larger base shock range, but being able to swap with illusionary doctors on a cooldown, similar to Mint rag hag would be interesting.

• LordGlint
    Options

He's already got passive madness, its just TR dependent and requires him to be in treatment mode.

• Mochan
    Mochan Member Posts: 2,886
    Options

I don't know how drastic it will be. But I predict a rework akin to Freddy.

Old Freddy and Doctor are pretty similar. They were pretty weak at high ranks, but murder on the low ranks. The reason I believe Doctor has been singled out for a rework is precisely because they intend to remove the things about him that absolutely terrorizes low rank survivors, but give him something good so he is competitive at high ranks.

I just hope it doesn't come off as a lazy rework. The image teleportation is an interesting idea, but to be honest I could see that becoming way too powerful. I don't know how they will do it. And frankly I am sick of teleporting killers, it's like every killer can teleport these days.

• LordGlint
    Options

The problem with that is that currently, survivors that hit madness 3 cant do anything until snapping out of it. Having this mapwide would just cause people to constantly have to pause to snap out of it. Beyond that...its rare, but you can STILL stealth around doc as long as you keep an eye on your madness guage and stay in T1 (which works until your first chase anyway...). Passive mapwide madness would kill that.

• Attackfrog
    Attackfrog Member Posts: 1,134
    Options

He needs minor tweaks, but I really like his playstyle over all.

As a survivors: to good survivors he's an M1 killer with ANNOYING AND UNFUN gameplay so this should be tweaked.

Lose the stance swapping and shocking (or make the shocking cause damage).

He just needs a few tweaks, not an entire rework. I really like his play, but it can be overly frustrating and long for some folks

• Mochan
    Options

I seriously don't want any more passive mapwide status debilitation like that. They already did that with Freddy. Doing it again with Doctor would just be a lazy, uncreative rework.

The game is already starting to have killers look like each other (Ghost Face/Pig/Myers) we don't need any more homogenization.

• OmegaXII
    OmegaXII Member Posts: 2,183
    Options

We need fake generators, fake survivors, fake pallets, fake windows, fake doctors that can chase survivors...

• Mochan
    Options

Yeah, I think too many Doctors play him way too sadistically and that's why they lose. Can't count how many doctors just like to mess around tunneling one survivor and making his life hell with Madness 3.

If you juggle everyone into M2 as soon as possible winning becomes much more probable.

• LordGlint
    Options
  • Tangero
    Tangero Member Posts: 119
    Options

Ain't it just an addon revision did they confirm there changing the basekit too?

• Tangero
    Options
  • Tangero
    Options

They did say they were gonna touch nurse basekit they didn't say that for doc

• Danielgdp3
    Danielgdp3 Member Posts: 452
    Options

They Should just remove him having to switch between treatment and punishment.

Tweak a few of his add-ons

Make Madness 3 potentially stop you from vaulting (If they do this it would have to be that next hit you take drops you back to madness 2)

• Devil_hit11
    Devil_hit11 Member Posts: 7,128
    edited October 2019
    Options

A lot of doctor's skill-cap comes from switching modes. You always have to pre-plan ahead for when you want to shock a loop. I mean take for example when your at shack or at jungle gym, you have to predict whether to shock vault or the pallet. I really like where his skill-cap is at right now. It's more that when you use his power, it often wastes more time in a chase applying afflictions then just walking forward and M1 with him. It's kinda like myers where you always have somewhat of slow start. I think doctor has potential to be very potent killer. I just feel like his chases often take longer than they should and he loses a lot of his tracking power when you hit madness T1 at the start of the game. Most of the perks that help you find other survivors feel stronger then his power is at finding survivors.

I mean, if your skilled enough as killer, No perks, no add-on Wraith can murder low ranks. It's why you don't really bother to balance for low-rank. all the killers can do well when you face easy opponents. Global TR would very interesting for doctor as it would give merit to aura-perks that very few people use for killers. I could see that as a gimmick ultra-rare add-on. If anything killers like Billy, Freddy and Huntress are good hallmarks for where most killers should strive to be. Lose when played poorly, win when played correctly.