The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Unhooking give way too many points compare to other objectives.

Nekoo
Nekoo Member Posts: 133
edited October 2019 in General Discussions

I don't get why unhooking give that many points to other objectives,

save one person gives more points than doing a FULL generator from start to finish

So I experiment "being a complete as_hole" for one game,

Never do gens, only crouch around hooks and save people even in front of killer's face,

with no borrow time what-so-ever, occasionally loot some chest for my own's benefit.

cleanse some dull totems for more points and doesn't help my team win at all.

AND I GOT REWARDED, 19k without even escaping, more than any teammate in game who was doing work:

Excuse me BHVR, balance the score event please?

This encourage a really really disgusting play style for survivors

Comments

• HeroLives
    HeroLives Member Posts: 1,985

That’s Bc from rank 20-8 most killers lounge around the hook area making saves riskier I’m sure. High risk high reward.

• Nekoo

Maybe, but rn red rank just became a farm fest

who cares about teammate escaping.

if you got hook. You’re a gold coin in my eyes

• Nekoo

Big brain,

the problem isn’t having more points for unhooking,

‘but having way more points COMPARED with doing other objectives.

if I can just farm hooks and get more points than everyone else,

why would I do gens?

• HeroLives
    HeroLives Member Posts: 1,985

But it hurts your pipping with unsafe unhooks, and you get an extra 500bp for safe ones. That’s an extra 2k added if you unhook 4 times safely. I used to work my way to reds each season and stopped Bc the amount of straight farming that occurs. I like to hover around purple, survivor heaven imo. Both sides seem chill for the most part in purple.

• xGREENCATx
    xGREENCATx Member Posts: 431

Like the main objective of this game is to do GENS and escape, yet you get the same amount from unhooking. I never understood that lol. Plus if you get a safe unhook and heal it’s another 1k points give or take.

• OriginalSin
    OriginalSin Member Posts: 22

You could be really greedy and run wglf, as well.

• MrDardon
    MrDardon Member Posts: 3,925

Just wait. Today maybe you'll get points fpr wasting pallets, vaulting infinites during chase and pressing A-D consistently

• ASAPTurtle
    ASAPTurtle Member Posts: 968

Pretty deserving amount of bloodpoints considering the fact that most survivors don't care for their teammates only themselves even when their team is good *cough* FeNg *cough* *cough* mIn.

• twistedmonkey
    twistedmonkey Member Posts: 4,291

It's risk v reward to save and also it's to entice people to save others rather than just do gens and get out and leave them.

It's a grind game and if the fastest way to earn points was to just do gens and get out people would complain it goes even faster than at times now.

• LordGlint
    LordGlint Member Posts: 8,314

Just saying... if you kept getting your teammates killed by doing unsafe unhooks, is it a wonder you got more points than they did? Its obviously gonna stunt THEIR point gain. Thats like a runner claiming tripping their opponents makes them faster.

• Grimbergoth
    Grimbergoth Member Posts: 293

a point you might have missed , scoring . Doing a gen is obj , so is cleansing totems and chests . Plus inactive totems are now what 1k bp's each so basically that is 5k bp's on the map , more if active .

while I will agree that any safe unhook will award more bp's in general , unsafe unhooks also penalize the whole team . so if you do nothing but unhook and your the only one doing it , yes you will get mass bp's for it to the max you can earn , but also every unsafe unhook you do will only screw the teams bp's thus making theirs go backwards while you are maxing . Yes its a numbers game and no its not fair . but would you rather have less for unhooking safely ?

• Thasard
    Thasard Member Posts: 268

And yet I don't have enough digits to count the number of times my fellow survivors allowed me to do on first and second hooks. This task needs to remain higher than doing a gen or what have you. I'd rather be farmed than left on the hook. And even the current BP incentive is not great enough for people to even bother.

• thrawn3054
    thrawn3054 Member Posts: 5,897

All that means is gens actually need to reward more blood points. The current amount is pitiful.

• SteveyTheExEevee
    SteveyTheExEevee Member Posts: 82

Really? complaining about something that doesnt effect you? you want something nerfed for survivors that doesnt even impact yourp erformance as killer?

• CantDrownIfASiren
    CantDrownIfASiren Member Posts: 46
    edited October 2019

Yeah survivor ranking and point system is a complete and total mess rn. Trash players at every rank, team work is dead. Half the time I'm matched with literal r20 team mates. I wanna give up and go back to ggez killer but I cant find a damn lobby!

• MegaWaffle
    MegaWaffle Member Posts: 4,172

Killers get more points in general because in order to keep up with add-ons a killer HAS to spend Bloodpoints in the Bloodweb.

Survivors can simply search a chest or take something from another survivor to increase their items/add-ons. They even have perks that allow them to get rare and ultra rare add-ons/items without spending anything.

If they manage to balance the economy then there wouldn't be need for killers to spend more on upkeep, however until such time it makes sense that killers make more BP to compensate for this discrepancy.

• IronWill
    IronWill Member Posts: 244

Instead of nerfing the BPs for unhooking, the BPs for doing a gen should be increased (doubled). Survivor BP gain is a joke compared to killers anyways and the "Killers get more points in general because in order to keep up with add-ons" lacks a lot since you can spend your BPs on either Killer or Survivor, they aren't bound to the side you actually earned them with.

• thrawn3054

Tell that to Marth and his taking every killer from rank 20 to rank. No perks no addons. Understand I'm not saying that is realistic for everyone. But saying killers need more blood points because of addons us ridiculous. Giving better blood points to survivors means those who play both have more points to spend where needed.

• ProfessorDunwich
    ProfessorDunwich Member Posts: 1,514

I'm not saying killers shouldn't get more. I'm saying survivors shouldn't get so little. For me it comes down to unlocking perks in the bloodweb, also I rarely use add-ons for survivor or killer, so your argument does not really apply.

• Adeloo
    Adeloo Member Posts: 1,448

i think the safe hook reward and the unhooking reward should be inversed, so you get 500 BP first and if it's a safe one you get 1K more. That makes more sense.

Also this the reason i got rid of my "survival" build (IW, Urban Evasion, Spine Chill) to get a "BP build" with BT, WGLF, Bond and Prove Thyself. I maybe doesn't escape as much as before but i still get more BP overall.

• witelighting
    witelighting Member Posts: 20

You do realize you can only get 8k from altruism so yeah it gives you a decent amount but if thats all you did you wouldnt get as much.you gained quite a bit from totems,chest,bold category,and chase since you did die you had to have some chase.

• MegaWaffle
    MegaWaffle Member Posts: 4,172
    edited October 2019

I never said it wan't possible to get to rank 1 without add-ons as a killer, in fact you can do the same with survivor.

My point is you have "free" options to get items and add-ons as a survivor but you do not have those options as killer, hence more BP for killers.

I'm with you on the fact that the DBD grind only gets worse with each new character release (the new Bloodweb sort of helps...sort of) and I am not against either side gaining more BP. I was simply explaining why it is that killer currently gets more (as a means to balance item/add-on economy). If they decided that every match they wanted to give both sides more BP I'm all for it but if survivors started making the exact same as killer each match then I would question their plans to balance the discrepency with add-ons/items.

As for my argument about items/add-ons "not applying" I have to say that simply because YOU do not use items does not make the fact that there is a add-on/item economy difference any less true.

I rarely use items as a survivor (unless I have a daily) but I often run Plunders 3 and Ace in the hole. I have gotten so many skeleton keys and various other green/purple items (for free) simply thanks to these perks. Do I think this is a bad thing? No. However I can easily say I have amased a few houdred thousand BP worth of items from these perks that I never spent a single BP on. As a killer I cannot do this. If I want add-ons I have NO other choice but to spend BP and for this reason I am forced to spend these points and hope to RNG that I get what I want.

Edit: I just wanted to say that in no way do I want anything written here to seem like I'm being "negative/yelling" at either of you. Sometimes (especially when in dissagreement) people can read a wall of text as though the person writting it was specifically being mad or upset with the reader. I am simply saying my peace and you may take or refuse whatever you will. Just figured I'd write this in as sometimes a seemingly normal conversation can come off as "toxic" to some. ^.^

• thrawn3054

Which only reinforces more blood points for survivors being a good thing.

• ploopsloop
    ploopsloop Member Posts: 3

The problem is this:

There are a distinct subset of experienced survivors that have learned to game the pipping system to rank up without exposing themselves to danger. They will hide and meander around so that other teammates doing gens will get chased by killers. Then, they will position themselves to conveniently get many hook rescues.

These people don't take chases and puts all the killer pressure on their teammates, and will get a lot of points through unhooks. They just do a bare minimum amount of gens when it's safe but spends a significant portion of the game hovering around chases to get unhooks.

This is not a rare occurrence. Put on bond and play a handful of games - experienced survivors will then easily recognized this type of selfish gameplay.

Dbd devs have done a good job designing borrowed time and decisive strike as to deter killer camping hooks to get easy downs. Now, they need to rebalance the points for unhooking vs doing gens or winning chases as to not incentivise this selfish style of play.

Some posters here seem to think there are significant risks to going for an unhook and that doing gens are riskless - hence their argument on why unhooking should remain more incentivised. This is more often the case in green ranks or late-season purple ranks because the killers in this skill level tend to rely on tunneling and camping to compete. Medium and high level survivors do not experience this as killers don't camp or pseudocamp nearly as often. In these games, its those that are on gens that take the most risk due to the prevelance of thrilling tremors, bbq, etc.

Regardless of the level of play, it's still DOING GENS or distracting killer on chases so gens can be done that ultimately powers the exit gates, not unhooks. The priority is clear and should be more accurately reflected in the points system.

And another issue on the survivor side - an amazing chase that allows your team to bust out 3-4 gens should be rewarded a lot more. This is essentially a game-winning chase. Yet, i find that when this happens, i have a hard time pipping because i didnt get any unhooks due to how the game went.

Finally, let's please keep the discussion on point to the op's post. We can discuss killer point system vs survivor point system elsewhere.

• harry14141414
    harry14141414 Member Posts: 356

doing a generator should reward more points than saving a team mate.

it takes more time and its more boring .

ppl just run for saves for easy money . OP is 100 % right

• GrannyonAcid
    GrannyonAcid Member Posts: 476

I don't think that there's much of a problem here. Unhooking people gives a ton of points so people will actually go for saves on there teammates. Plus it puts them at risk when they go for a save.

Sitting on a generator shouldn't grant more points. It's fine the way it is. You shouldn't be getting as many points as players on the team that go for unhooks and take chases with the killer. There's already way too many survivors that crouch around doing nothing all game and refusing to take a chase. Give them more points to sit on gens and nothing will get done.

The game is about being chased by the killer. Generator simulator isn't supposed to be the fun point of the game. And shouldn't be rewarded with a ton of points. Considering generators as part of the work when you're holding a mouse button and watching a stream on your second monitor isn't 'work.' Having a good chase with the killer that causes him to waste time and saving teammates that are in a bad situation should be rewarded as such.