Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

No terror radius for killers

michaelmyers87
michaelmyers87 Member Posts: 458
edited July 2018 in General Discussions
I’ve played this game for a year. Rank one killer and survivor is easy as ever. 

The game isn’t scary anymore. 

But icome on, when Michael comes around that corner, the jump scare can be absolutely exhilarating and that’s what this game should be about. 

Even when i lose against Michael, but get a few jump scares in and start laughing because of it, that makes the game fun. 

so why not give all killers the same radius as Michael at tier 1? 

Would make the game scary again. like it was in the beginning. I was a nervous wreck when I first started playing this game. 

Now I always try to get the first gen done, and if the killer comes after me, cool, chase me. 

Comments

• michaelmyers87
    When I first started playing killer I Myers mained to rank one. 

Then i started using the trapper and noticed the terror radius doesn’t make much of a difference because you don’t know what angle I’m coming from anyways. 
  • Delfador
    Delfador Member Posts: 2,552

@michaelmyers87 said:
    When I first started playing killer I Myers mained to rank one. 

Then i started using the trapper and noticed the terror radius doesn’t make much of a difference because you don’t know what angle I’m coming from anyways. 

No, we actually know in a sense. When I hear heartbeat, I don't have to know what angle you are coming from anyway. I just can go to the nearest pallet and wait there for you. No terror radius can't be implemented in this game because there are killers like leatherface or hillbilly that can down survivors with 1 hit. Also, ambush killers like the pig or the wraith would lose all of their ability. Why would I choose them If I can use hillbilly with no terror radius.

I wish there were no scratch marks and heartbeat but these 2 features are almost impossible to implement.

• michaelmyers87
    I understand the ambush killers. 

But playing against a hillbilly or LF with no terror radius would be scary as hell. That’s the point. 

Actually the wraith would would be cool because you would only hear his bell to know he’s nearby. 
  • michaelmyers87
    They should put that in the next test build. No terror radius’ 

• SirFrancelot
    SirFrancelot Member Posts: 31
    edited July 2018

Terror radius is an essential part of Dead by Daylight, its one of the core gameplay mechanics that the game uses to relay information to survivors. It also permeates all aspects of the game, with some killers abilities being built around it (e.g. Myers) and also many perks and add-ons being based around adjusting it. So it would be impossible to remove without completely altering the game itself.

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

@michaelmyers87 said:

But icome on, when Michael comes around that corner, the jump scare can be absolutely exhilarating and that’s what this game should be about. 

Even when i lose against Michael, but get a few jump scares in and start laughing because of it, that makes the game fun. 

Would make the game scary again. like it was in the beginning. I was a nervous wreck when I first started playing this game. 

Now I always try to get the first gen done, and if the killer comes after me, cool, chase me. 

Agreed.
    The terror radius together with 3rd person view and the killerstain completely take away the scary parts because you always know where the killer is

• Delfador
    Delfador Member Posts: 2,552

@Master said:

@michaelmyers87 said:

Agreed.
    The terror radius together with 3rd person view and the killerstain completely take away the scary parts because you always know where the killer is

I am still not sure about terror radius but I am all for removing the red stain. It will help mind games and the game will become a little bit more difficult for survivors.

• xxaggieboyxx
    xxaggieboyxx Member Posts: 498
    I think killers should have different base terror radius'. Because a hillbilly or leather boy with no terror radius would be op. But it would buff killers in the way of scaring the crap out of survivors. I do agree that this game needs to be more scary but giving leatherface no terror radius would make him the new meta and way too overpowered 
  • I just have issues with the red stains not the terror radius. It's already bad enough they can hear me coming yet see the direction i am facing? I believe the red stain needs to be removed.

• Doom_Punk
    Doom_Punk Member Posts: 371

@MrChills said:
    I just have issues with the red stains not the terror radius. It's already bad enough they can hear me coming yet see the direction i am facing? I believe the red stain needs to be removed.

But we can always run Beast of Prey, such a great perk... 8-)

• @Doom_Punk said:

@MrChills said:
    I just have issues with the red stains not the terror radius. It's already bad enough they can hear me coming yet see the direction i am facing? I believe the red stain needs to be removed.

But we can always run Beast of Prey, such a great perk... 8-)

It could of been.

• AshleyWB
    AshleyWB Member Posts: 4,061
    In a Chase the red stain should be removed. But avoiding it is good for stealth plays.
  • Suddenly_Josh
    Suddenly_Josh Member Posts: 11

Removing red stain gets rid of some good mind games that usually land hits though

• Paddy4583
    Paddy4583 Member Posts: 864
    edited July 2018
    They can’t remove it because killers want less
    ways for survivors to escape, less windows, smaller buildings, less pallets, better maps for the killer, if you removed TR they would need to change the chase aspect to a hiding aspect and remove all killer aura readings including gens, change all survivor perks as majority are not useful in evading killer completely, full map reworks so there are actual hiding places and say good bye to the crows that give hiding survivors away.
    I think killers would get pissed off with hide and seek long before survivors do.
  • deadwolfwalking
    deadwolfwalking Member Posts: 624

@Mrbombastic said:
    Make wraith have a very small terror radius

i'd say give wraith a TR like the hag and allow him to strike while invisible. upon striking, hes stunned for a considerable time and uncloaked with a normal TR....