We are investigating an issue around players not receiving their Grade Rewards today, we will give more information as it becomes available. Apologies for the inconvenience.

IDEA FOR A NEW ORIGINAL KILLER: THE WEREWOLF

Options
Carlosylu
Carlosylu Member Posts: 2,948
edited October 2019 in Polls

The werewolf

Power: "Predator instinct" which lets him run at 175 - 200% speed, no collition, being able to midfast turn but in 4 legs and without being able to hit, he can vault windows and pallets whyle using this ability, NO COOLDOWN after "leaving" or deactivating the power but it takes more time to load up once you've used it.

Power 2: "Scent beast" Whenever a survivor is injured and in death hook (next possible hook kills the survivor) the survivor leaves a scent trail the werewolf can track

Perks:

1° The moon stalker: When the last gen is fixed the killer can see scent trails up to 1, 2, 3 injured survivors. "The wolf knows how to hunt, he's the beast, not the prey"

2° Ambush: Whenever a gen is fixed you have 0 terror radious for 15, 30, 45 seconds. "A good hunter gets unnoticed untill he wants to"

3° The Blood Lust: If at least 3, 2, 1 survivors are injured you can see the aura of generators being actively repaired. "Nothing stops a hungry beast"

Landed hit sound: Howl

IDEA FOR A NEW ORIGINAL KILLER: THE WEREWOLF 30 votes

YES PLEASE!
30%
WINTERSYamiTheFurryDaddyTrappersGirlshadowman0105CarlosyluLavalinater9209billymyers_artawosekCaeden11 9 votes
No, I'd preffer another killer
16%
GibberishTheLegendDyl4n1PandiferChiTenshiGreentheNinja 5 votes
Yes, but I'd change... (add your ideas)
53%
No_Cluie_LouisbeatddbJacoby2041thrawn3054TrwthAzurlynxBenZ0Hag.is.DtierMysticAdvisorAhoyWolfcopperslySteveInABunnyHatAlice_pbgDeathEscapeacebaseAiadon 16 votes
Post edited by Carlosylu on

Comments

• coppersly
    coppersly Member Posts: 2,318
    Options

Where did you get the model? It's very well done.

As for the power, it's semi-interesting but just running faster is already something Legion does (not well however) and I think the scent thing is not the right design philosophy.

I don't really know what would make an interesting main power for him tbh.

However, I know a good change for the scent mechanic. Reverse it. Anyone not on last hook leaves a scent trail behind. This way it makes you better early game and doesn't give you a serious advantage when you already have the upper hand. This is much closer to the design philosophy the devs say they want.

• thrawn3054
    thrawn3054 Member Posts: 5,897
    Options

I like the concept and his first power. Not sure about the second power. As for the perks. The first two basically already exist. The third is kind of busted.

• Carlosylu
    Options
    YES PLEASE!

It's from one of the most amazing games ever created, The Witcher 3.

I didn't know what % to use actually, lol. I'd love him to be able tu run and turn wherever he wants to without colition but adding the "no hitting " condition for him not to be OP

• Carlosylu
    Options
  • Auron471
    Auron471 Member Posts: 1,310
    Options

UWU Werewolfy!!! OWO hook me daddy

• coppersly
    Options

The first one is like the one perk that reveals auras every time a gen is done, but weaker than that.

2nd is close to Tinkerer, except instead of activating BEFORE the gen is done it's after.

3rd is unique and very strong, I'd like to see it. Although it would almost certainly become even more meta than BBQ/DH.

• Carlosylu
    Options
    YES PLEASE!

@Auron471 Where's your vote good sir? XD

• thrawn3054
    thrawn3054 Member Posts: 5,897
    Options

Tinkerer gives zero terror radius when a gen hits 85%. Not quite the same thing. But very similar. Dark sense gives you aura reading for each gen and for everyone on the last gen. Again not quite the same. But similar enough to make those two a bit redundant. I like your concept though.

• No_Cluie_Louis
    No_Cluie_Louis Member Posts: 1,093
    Options

I much like the concept of the killer, however the first power is very similar to the legions and the second sort of encourages tunnelling. There's lots of potential around this kind of killer, he could even be able to phase between werewolf and human, or perhaps he becomes more human (weaker) the less he hits survivors, so he is very based around gaining momentum (becomes stronger as he wins more chases)

• beatddb
    beatddb Member Posts: 565
    Options

Power 1 is basically the legion, 25% more speed (which I think a running werewolf should be faster) and if hes not able to hit that means he has to cancel the power, go through a cooldown, and then start the chase normally; legion v2.

Power 2 seems more interesting, i think it would be cool if with m2 you can howl and then seeing the scent from survivors. And perhaps a secondary ability to help him with chases.

• coppersly
    Options

My original suggestion was to have him be able to switch between werewolf/survivor. He can be the decoy killer AND have some power while being a werewolf.

• NuclearBurrito
    NuclearBurrito Member Posts: 6,807
    Options

What are his stats?

• NuclearBurrito
    Options

Also isn't Ambush just a worse version of Tinkerer?

• Alice_pbg
    Alice_pbg Member Posts: 6,465
    Options

Power feels like just legion, but better. I would change it entirely.

Tracking people that are on last hook feels way too unfair and tunnely.

I feel like his power could be tranforming into the werewolf itself. Which could work similar to a tier 3 myers, but with very different conditions to achieve.

So you start as a human, and change during the game

Maybe #of hits, or hooks. Don't know...

And maybe in the werewolf form, he can stop and smell the air to see survivors auras in X range. But he can't hook survivors in the werewolf form, so you're forced to slug.

Perks look...weird.

Perk1: So other killers would see the scent trail? Shouldn't that be reserved to the werewolf? That's the only part of his power that was unique to him.

Perk2: ok. Feels pretty weak. But ok.

Perk3: this would be so op on plague... damn.

• Carlosylu
    Options
    YES PLEASE!

I thought that about the werewolf for perk 1 but I'd like new features to be added to the game, like the "scent", MAYBE THE WEREWOLF WOULD SEE IT x2 (DOUBLE SIZE)?

And about the other perks, all killers have 1 strong, one mid and one weak perk don't they?

• Alice_pbg
    Alice_pbg Member Posts: 6,465
    Options

Bubba has 2 strong ones.

Huntress has half of one.

Spirit has 3.

It's not really 1 good, 1 ok and 1 bad.

And if anything, we should want killers and survivors to come with 3 good perks

• NuclearBurrito
    Options

Generally it's 1 great to good perk and 2 decent to bad perks.

Sometimes there is 2 great perks, but there is never 3 great perks or 0 good perks.

Depending on the nature of the perks it's ok for them to be weak and gimmiky so long as they can be used for interesting synergies, such as Dark Devotion or Distressing.

Some perks like Mindbreaker or Deja vu are just lame tho.

• Carlosylu
    Options
    YES PLEASE!

I don't know, I just tried to make him "balanced"

• NuclearBurrito
    Options

Eh it's not a problem to have 3 great perks. I highly doubt that it's a calculated move to only have 1-2 per character anyways.

Regardless though Ambush still just seems like a Worse tinkerer. I'd modify it to be more distinctive.

• Trwth
    Trwth Member Posts: 921
    Options

...the perks and second power.

The Killer’s power is really cool! It’s kind of like Hillbilly, minus the insta-down and COMPLETE control of your movements! Sounds super fun to play, and I love that his secondary kit is based around tracking Survivors without the need of perks.

Bringing me to my next point: Scent Beast.

This effect should apply to more situations than just Survivors on death hook. Maybe just for injured Survivors, since it would make sense as they leave trails of blood. But we already have Bloodhound, so it can’t be that. How about it tracks Survivors shortly after they have interacted with generators or totems, so it makes them more fearful when doing gens. That would be amazing!

Then, there’s the perks. With all due respect buddy, these perks are not very creative and are pretty forgettable. Too simple, to put it plainly. They’re also not very practical.

Perks cannot use parts of Killer’s powers, which is what Moon Stalker does. The reason why is because other Killers shouldn’t be using each other’s powers. Even so, the perk is way too weak. It grants the ability to track injured Survivors when the LAST generator is done. We have scratch marks that do exactly that at all times, even more so when the Survivor is injured. This perk just won’t work.

Ambush is a lackluster perk. It’s really simply and could be useful, but I can’t imagine running it very often. Stealth perks are always welcome, but this isn’t the way to do it. That’s why perks like Bitter Murmur aren’t used much, because you want to STOP generators from being done, not vice versa. It could work on something like hooking a Survivor grants Undetectable for the set amount of time, but not upon generator completion.

The Blood Lust could use a name change since Bloodlust is already a thing. Otherwise, I like it. It pairs well with Thanatophobia as an information perk and encourages patient play. The only problem I see is that Discordance is such a better alternative since it gives you more of an incentive to go to the said generator.

• Carlosylu
    Options
    YES PLEASE!

I like your comment, hope this actually gets read

• DeathEscape
    DeathEscape Member Posts: 313
    edited October 2019
    Options

I would make a discussion about this later and i will credit you but id rather change some because this is looking like a legion replacement

@Carlosylu

• SteveInABunnyHat
    SteveInABunnyHat Member Posts: 5
    Options

I don't see it as a legion replacement because, iirc, legion can't stay in his speed boost forever unless he gets a hit? And also legion CAN hit when he's running. This is more of a passive ability that let's you get from here to there and that's it.

For the second ability I'd say make it more like a radius than just always active. Maybe after getting hooked once the killer approaches the hook and "smells" it and then within 16,20,24 (or something) you can just straight up see the person until they get healed

(To prevent death hook tunneling)

For the second ability make it after getting a HIT you can activate Scent to see the survivor within 16,x,x but you slow down until you release it. Maybe it charges over time? And the more survivors you hit the bigger the radius gets

• DeathEscape
    DeathEscape Member Posts: 313
    Options

Vaulting pallets is legion's thing

• Krilkal
    Krilkal Member Posts: 68
    Options

Sounds like Warwick from League of Legends.

• Carlosylu
    Options
    YES PLEASE!

I have not played that game, I'll look it up

• SteveInABunnyHat
    Options

Fine no pallet hop to avoid instadowns

• ChiTenshi
    ChiTenshi Member Posts: 877
    Options
    No, I'd preffer another killer

The First Power sounds interesting and fuels an adrenaline filled chase.

The Second Power I am not so keen on. I feel this will encourage tunnelling, and makes it near impossible to escape when injured (depending on how the 'scent trails' work).