Object of obsesion is broken...

Options
MalEducado
MalEducado Member Posts: 139
edited October 2019 in General Discussions

Now the killer can see you but you can't see the killer when the killer is in invisible mode ... I understand that we can't see between us when he is on invisible mode .

Post edited by MalEducado on

Comments

• MalEducado
    Options

You don't understand anything, when wraith play as a invisibility mode, he can see me but I can't see it... This is unfair ,obsesion objects have to disable when I can't see him, I know that object of obsesion we can see both at the same time , killer can see me and try to hook me, he have a BBQ & chilli all the match, in me ... Why anybody not use ob-of-ob?cause the killer can see you ...

• MalEducado
    Options

If it is a bad perk,why anybody don't play with it ? Why everybody play with ds ?

• Rezblaze
    Rezblaze Member Posts: 843
    edited October 2019
    Options

Have you considered not running Object of Obsession? How is this situation any different from Rancor?

• Sherry
    Sherry Member Posts: 227
    Options

That's a bummer. I haven't even gotten to try object of obsession yet.

• Mochan
    Mochan Member Posts: 2,886
    Options

Just stop using the perk. It's a bad perk anyway.

• Mochan
    Options

This should really be how it works IMO. If the killer has Undetectable, the perk should turn off. This still gives some control to the killer, because in most cases the killer can control when Undetectable activates. So Stealth Killer still have an edge when facing OOO.

The current state is too lop-sided in stealth killer's favor.

• Mochan
    Options

It's still a risk.

And if you are good enough to loop a killer the entire game while he can see exactly where you are, then more power to you. You earned it.

• MalEducado
    Options

Turn off the perk when the killer is in undetectable mode, it's so easy, I play with object of obsesion because I want to be chase by the killer, I don't like to repair, this perk give me info when the killer facecamp the survival ... And if the killer is a good killer, he/she knows my position, the only thing he/she has to do is try to catch me... That's the only reason I play with this perk... I bet that only 0.0001% of suvirval play with it.

• MalEducado
    Options

But the killer can see me when he is on undetectable mode, no sense ... I hate genrush, this is a perk for ppl that like to be chase by the killer ... I'm main killer, and trust me, I want 4 object of obsesion when I play as a killer ...

• MalEducado
    edited October 2019
    Options

Is broken cause killer can see me when I can't see the killer, I understand that when the killer is on invisibility mode , object of obsesion has to turn off ... But now, ob-of-ob say my position to the killer ,but I don't know the killer position ... I'm not a genrusher , not like the majority of surv that only think in genrush ... It's easy, the killer is in invisibility mode, turn off the perk ... I need that perk cause I'm a solo player , need to now if the killer is facecamping , I want chase ... Not repair, repair is boring

And if I play with a peek that the killer know my position every second of the match, what do you think about the risk ?

• Saitamfed
    Saitamfed Member Posts: 1,620
    Options

Stop being so biased here. The risk is "I can see you but you can see me". And yes, it's a real strong perk (unfair with SWF teams) that should be reworked somehow, wich can mess with a lot of killers if played wisely and some can bully a killer with it (a lot of player do that). But you must know a simple and important fact. NOT EVERY PLAYER/SURVIVOR IS A BULLY.

• MalEducado
    Options

Ok, I don't like to genrush , but I'm guilty of show my position to the killer,. I wonder why nobody play with it .

• Johnny_XMan
    Johnny_XMan Member Posts: 6,424
    Options

There is no longer a “trade off” which is the very essence of the perk so they need to disable the ability for a killer to see a survivor if the survivor can’t see them. Period.

• Johnny_XMan
    Options

@Saitamfed Thank you for posting this.

Glad to see some people get it

• Tzeentchling9
    Tzeentchling9 Member Posts: 1,796
    Options

Because trading perfect information between two players isn't what OoO is actually used for. It's abused by SWF to get perfect information for the whole Survivor team in exchange for information on only one Survivor for the Killer.

• Johnny_XMan
    edited October 2019
    Options

@DudeDelicious You don’t get it.

Why on earth would someone need to run an additional perk just to get the benefit that another is suppose to offer? That seems pointless.

OoO should bypass undetectable or just disable itself. This isn’t meant to turn into a killer perk just because they decided they wanted to crouch.

• Johnny_XMan
    Options

@DudeDelicious Nice summary, however, all I see is a change that in order to not “cripple” a killer means you have a useless perk that against killers with undetectable becomes expendable.

Do I think it crippled Stealth killers? Short answer is no.

Having exact location of a survivor is a killer’s wet dream. Hence why BBQ is so meta.

Do I think that they could have adjusted it to make it fair for stealth killers, sure, but not at the expense of giving away MY location and have no idea whether the killer can see me or not (if I happen to be looking in their direction).

How exactly can you call something a perk that isn’t benefiting the player carrying it?

I don’t even use OoO but even I can see how this change was so biased, considering people only started to have a problem with it after GF came out. No one said a word before.

Besides if they really weren’t being so biased with the change they would have made it so it works the same on all killers. Huntresses for example aren’t exactly benefiting from this.

• AngryFluffy
    AngryFluffy Member Posts: 443
    Options

This isn't even something new.

It already was like that with the pre-rework Freddy, if I'm not mistaken. You couldn't see him when not in the dream world, but he could see you.

I think it is good as it is now. The perk is so strong, especially in a full swf, it should have a downside and a risk with it.

• dont_ask_me_again
    dont_ask_me_again Member Posts: 490
    edited October 2019
    Options

It should deactivate when the killer is in stealth mode... devs made it so it no longer works in lockers so - same idea of removing freebee information but this time on the killer.

• Nameless
    Nameless Member Posts: 864
    Options

You don’t necessarily need to pair it to get profit out of it. Whenever a survivor gets hit or is being chased, you know exactly where these stealth killers will be. You’ll just have to be more careful running the perk against stealth killers which is perfectly fine imo, especially because at the start of each match you will know in advance whether or not you will be facing one of these killers.

• Johnny_XMan
    Options

@Nameless I understand the part about still having some benefits.

The part I don’t agree with is the killer being able to see my aura when I can’t see theirs. I feel that the perk should just deactivate when they are in stealth mode.

• KuromiStarwind
    KuromiStarwind Member Posts: 325
    edited October 2019
    Options

It's not a high risk perk when most people use it in SWF, and generally a really good survivor is the one using it. At that point, barring a Spirit or something, it's simply a reward perk with 0 counter to it, which gives full information for a squad that's communicating.

Sorry if you're not bright enough to see the power in that. Obviously it has very little power for one random survivor using it by themselves.

If a killers whole idea is invisibility, and you're whining that you can't see a killer who is undectable because you rolled the dice and the killer happened to be a rare killer who is invisible and counters your perk, then grow a pair, you whining babies, as a power trumps a perk.

• MalEducado
    Options
  • MalEducado
    Options

Players play with object because we want chase ... And know if the killer is camping , it's simple

• twistedmonkey
    twistedmonkey Member Posts: 4,291
    Options

When its a stealth killer with undetectable the perk still lights up. While you can't see their aura you can still see what direction they are.

It was made this way as it removed a stealth killers power completely. Also if one user in an SWF had it they could all know where the killer was so sneaking up became non viable.

• Sherry
    Sherry Member Posts: 227
    Options

What about all the players that are not in swf. I'm not. I agree that the perk should deactivate if we can't see the killer. That would be nice.

• MalEducado
    Options
  • MalEducado
    Options

No problem , I will play with decisive , no problem behaviour , and genrush , when behaviour repair the perk, I will be play again with the killer , now it's time for rush ... Genrush

• Xerge
    Xerge Member Posts: 928
    Options

I agree it's broken, specially when it's used by swf teams. SWF aren't stupid, they know that the most skilled player is meant to equip it. Also; I've gone against SWF teams with more than one OoO while playing stealth killers like Wraith and Ghostface.

As far as I understand they will fix the perk soon. Also, I think that perk should be removed if you are on swf.

• darktrix
    darktrix Member Posts: 1,790
    Options

A perk at worst should be rendered useless - not become a liability. It is not a perk then.

• Viracocha72
    Viracocha72 Member Posts: 207
    Options

No no no, it's one of the best perks there is and all survivors should start running it. As a GF main I totally approve.

• malloymk
    malloymk Member Posts: 1,542
    Options

With the amount of pallets and loops and with how fast gens get done, is it really high risk?

• thrawn3054
    thrawn3054 Member Posts: 5,897
    Options

Since you have no idea what the killers skill level will I'd say yes.

• Stornt
    Stornt Member Posts: 145
    Options

did we all forget No Mither was a perk. It's a major liability if you don't know how to run it or avoid the killer. Perks should be meant to either provide a slight benefit, a change to how you play, or a risk/reward system. OoO is in the best spot it's been in as far as I'm concerned.

• FriendlyGuy
    FriendlyGuy Member Posts: 2,768
    Options

If you don't wanna risk it, don't use OoO, easy like that It was meta long enough.

• TAG
    TAG Member Posts: 12,871
    edited October 2019
    Options

I'm okay with the OoO user's aura only being displayed when they can see the Killer's aura, but that's just me.

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,613
    Options

Guess it's a huge risk/huge reward now.

• MysticAdvisor
    MysticAdvisor Member Posts: 453
    Options

The whole reason undetectable was conceived was because it didn’t make sense for survivors to be able to detect you if you were “a stealth killer”.

Allowing OoO to break through unbreakable would be game breaking.

Plus the perk really is a gamble now if it wasn’t already.

• Johnny_XMan
    Options

@Boss

Huge risk with little to no reward.

The killer can see more than the survivor. They should have made it a killer perk.

• Kabu
    Kabu Member Posts: 926
    Options

No, it's still highly rewarding. It will benefit the killer more IF that killer has a stealth ability AND when they use said ability. Otherwise it works as it used too. There are far fewer killers that use stealth than those that don't.

• Johnny_XMan
    Options

@Kabu Well yeah if we are going to generalize yeah the perk is still useful.

Again, I’m not complaining about any of the stealth killers gaining undetectable. My complaint is simply that nothing changes on the killer’s end because they can still see an aura.

This seems weird considering it is a survivor perk not a killer perk. How is it fair that a perk that is very risky favors the opposing side? That doesn’t make any sense to me.

• yeet
    yeet Member Posts: 1,832
    Options

OoO is unfair at it's core, when applied to survivors who know how to use it and what they are doing, hence why some mediocre survivor mains claim its weak

• Milo
    Milo Member Posts: 7,383
    Options

I don't understand your logic at all.

You use OoO to get chases correct? OoO still reveals your aura to the killer so he comes and brings the chase to you. I seriously don't see an issue. (atleast in that situation)

• Bloodartist
    Bloodartist Member Posts: 123
    edited November 2019
    Options

All aura perks are unfair to begin with. In both directions. But I daresay they always benefit survivors better, since survivors can be in SWF voice chat.

• Lordtobirama666
    Lordtobirama666 Member Posts: 14
    Options

This is why I don't use this perk any more was using it for over a year mostly because I always solo cue but now to me the perk is dead and will never use it again