No Mither & Vigil Exaustion Change

Luigifan64
Luigifan64 Member Posts: 1,123
edited July 2018 in Feedback and Suggestions
So this post got deleted while I was trying to edit a spelling error, so here it is again. 

This is is a pretty basic change for both perks, and it’s simply to have both perks make you able to regain exhaustion while running; however Vigil will still be the only one to have the reduction percentage. Why I’d want this is because both of these perks are negatively affected by the exhaustion change when they really don’t need to be. It also makes their usefulness semi-mute.

For No Mither with the upcoming exhaustion nerf, you should be able to use Dead Hard multiple times in a chase because you can only take 1 hit. When you can only take 1 hit before being downed, it’s vital that you have the proper things to last as long as possible because of how vulnerable you are. I realize that not everyone uses DH with NM but it’s a synergy, and being able to use an exhaustion perk more than once in a NM chase is a challenge so I think it’s not that drastic of a thing to do.

With Vigil, it either needs to be buffed value wise or have the before meantioned ability to regain it while running. I don’t think giving Vigil this ability would be an issue because it’d make you have a choice between using it and taking up a perk slot just to have the ability to run and regain exhaustion, or not take it but have a free slot to take another perk you’d want more. Also if you’re within 8 meters of a running survivor without Vigil, they’ll regain exhaustion too.

Those are my thoughts and I’m interested on what you think.
Post edited by Luigifan64 on

Comments

• Bravo0413
    Bravo0413 Member Posts: 3,647
    Both of these ideas counteract what the devs are trying to do which is nerf the exhaustion perks so that they won't activate 2x in one chase.. No mither is what I call the hardcore mode for this game atm because it has a stupid icon that says to the killer "pick me up" everyone knows that no mither needs to start in the health state and when injured the person is unable to be healed and if slugged then when they get up a notification is given to everyone similar to when the killer hits someone and they have noed... giving multiple deadhard to one player is OP AF and should never happen simply because when you master DH its soo freaking good... vigil needs to stay how it is and should not effect while running because then everyone will be running that perk...
  • Luigifan64
    Bravo0413 said:
    Both of these ideas counteract what the devs are trying to do which is nerf the exhaustion perks so that they won't activate 2x in one chase.. No mither is what I call the hardcore mode for this game atm because it has a stupid icon that says to the killer "pick me up" everyone knows that no mither needs to start in the health state and when injured the person is unable to be healed and if slugged then when they get up a notification is given to everyone similar to when the killer hits someone and they have noed... giving multiple deadhard to one player is OP AF and should never happen simply because when you master DH its soo freaking good... vigil needs to stay how it is and should not effect while running because then everyone will be running that perk...
    But it’s with NM, I’m not suggesting to make NM better I’m saying that it shouldn’t be made worse. With the case of Vigil, not everyone would run it because you’re taking up a perk slot just for that one ability when people would rather run other things. If Vigil stays how it is it will be useless, which would be a shame because it was the only semi-decent perk out of its DLC
  • Bravo0413
    Bravo0413 Member Posts: 3,647
    No mither players shouldnt have 2 DH just because their running no mither it would be abused to hell... vigil everyone would use it because it would make exhaustion work the same way.. which if people are able to loop enough to get their sprint burst back a 2nd time right now wouldnt they want that ability again? 
  • Luigifan64
    Bravo0413 said:
    No mither players shouldnt have 2 DH just because their running no mither it would be abused to hell... vigil everyone would use it because it would make exhaustion work the same way.. which if people are able to loop enough to get their sprint burst back a 2nd time right now wouldnt they want that ability again? 
    NM people can only take 1 hit, and even before the exhaustion change it wasn’t an issue if they used it multiple times in a chase because of their setbacks. If Vigil would be an issue, then have exhaustion be disabled in a chase.
  • Wolf74
    Wolf74 Member Posts: 2,959

Please stop asking for No Mither buffs.
    If you don't like the perk, don't run it.
    It is not meant to be a "good perk", it's meant to be a niche perk.
    There are certain people with dedicated builds that do well with it, but it is not meant to be a survivors go to perk.
    Most people forget that the whole perk denies any one shot powers.
    What's the point of taking MYC if the survivor gets downed in one shot anyway?

• Luigifan64
    Wolf74 said:

There are certain people with dedicated builds that do well with it, but it is not meant to be a survivors go to perk.

It’s not a buff, it’s keeping it the same as it has been for a while because it makes sense to try and stay alive with it. I didn’t mention a buff at all, it makes it seem like you didn’t read the post.
  • Wolf74

@Luigifan64 said:
    Wolf74 said:

It’s not a buff, it’s keeping it the same as it has been for a while because it makes sense to try and stay alive with it. I didn’t mention a buff at all, it makes it seem like you didn’t read the post.

Are you kidding me?
    There is a global nerf to avoid survivor from using exhaustion perks twice during a single chase and you ask for NM to to be able to use DH TWICE and dare telling me you are NOT asking for a buff???

• Acromio
    Acromio Member Posts: 1,737

No mither is designed to screw you, it's there purely as a "hard mode". Stop trying to get it changed.

• Kale
    Kale Member Posts: 61

No Mither it's a challenge perk, its supposed to be difficult.

Vigil it's okay as it is, maybe adding a bit meter range, but the perk is good by itself.

• Luigifan64
    Are you kidding me?
    There is a global nerf to avoid survivor from using exhaustion perks twice during a single chase and you ask for NM to to be able to use DH TWICE and dare telling me you are NOT asking for a buff???
    Because the exhaustion nerf makes using NM worse when it doesn’t need to be, most killers can get a NM guy down pretty easily, so keeping a long chase with NM shouldn’t be punished. I see how this is seen as a buff to you, I personally see it as just not making the perk worse. I’m sorry I accused you of not doing something you clearly did do, and I apologize that I got overly defensive and tried to write off you’re opinion because I misenterpreted it.
  • Wolf74

@Luigifan64 said:
    Are you kidding me?

Because the exhaustion nerf makes using NM worse when it doesn’t need to be, most killers can get a NM guy down pretty easily, so keeping a long chase with NM shouldn’t be punished. I see how this is seen as a buff to you, I personally see it as just not making the perk worse. I’m sorry I accused you of not doing something you clearly did do, and I apologize that I got overly defensive and tried to write off you’re opinion because I misenterpreted it.

"Long chases" are the main problem for killer!
    Chases in general take way to long.
    That's the big thing about "gen rush"; chases take to long, gens are done to fast. Put both together and the result is "gen rush".

• Luigifan64

"Long chases" are the main problem for killer!
    Chases in general take way to long.
    That's the big thing about "gen rush"; chases take to long, gens are done to fast. Put both together and the result is "gen rush".

Right, which is why they need to have more ways to actually get away from killers because how the game is right now, there aren’t many ways to get away from a good killer; and instead it extends the chase. I’m not saying good killer plays should be punished, but they need to rework chases so that they won’t take up a whole game, it just needs to be fair for both sides and each needs equal opportunity to succeed in what they need to do.
  • Luigifan64
    Kale said:

No Mither it's a challenge perk, its supposed to be difficult.

Vigil it's okay as it is, maybe adding a bit meter range, but the perk is good by itself.

I know it’s supposed to be difficult, and it was difficult, I just didn’t want it to be made more difficult is all.
  • chadnati0n
    chadnati0n Member Posts: 30
    This whole thing is crazy still believe that if you’re going to tunnel somebody for that long why should surv lose out for it. Main focus is gens and if you’re focused on one survivor for that long it’s your own fault man. I’m killer main and believe the exhaustion nerf is crap. Good killers don’t need that nerf they can catch em away from loops and what not it’s not that hard 

Bravo0413 said:

• Yucchi
    Yucchi Member Posts: 250
    People seem to forget that Vigil is a perk to recover from afflictions quicker, but everyone places "Begone Exhaustion" tag on it
  • Luigifan64
    Yucchi said:
    People seem to forget that Vigil is a perk to recover from afflictions quicker, but everyone places "Begone Exhaustion" tag on it
    I didn’t forget about that, it’s just that no one used or uses it for that because it was most helpful with exhaustion.
  • Luigifan64
    edited July 2018
    Yucchi said:
    I didn’t forget about that, it’s just that no one used or uses it for that because it was most helpful with exhaustion.
    Plus its rare that a killer will use another affliction addon, the most common ones I see are the “mangled” addons and even then that’s like 1 out of 50 games if I’m lucky. Blindness is worthless and even if a killer uses it, the timer is already really small that you don’t need Vigil to get rid of it. Now if Vigil completely negated afflictions (not exhaustion for obvious reasons) and maybe made the timer for MYC go down faster, maybe it’d be more used.

Before you say anything, I don’t think the above idea I stated should happen, but it is something that would make the perk actually used for afflictions and not just for exhaustion. However I do still want my original suggestion for Vigil to happen, possibly with 1 revision; that being that it would have a value buff (between 25% and 40%) and allow you to regain exhaustion while running, HOWEVER you still can’t regain it in a chase. I’d be fine with either what I suggested originally or the revision if they actually go with this Vigil idea.