Live Q&A: 3.5.0 PTB/Update

Options

Comments

• adsads123123123123
    adsads123123123123 Member Posts: 896
    edited January 2020
    Options

Now that Hex Ruin is more in line with other Hex perks in the sense that its impact is not immediate/it is a late game perk, will you do anything to make Hex totems harder to find? Most Hex perks are weak due to the high risk they get cleansed before they have impact.

Post edited by adsads123123123123 on
  • EnderloganYT
    EnderloganYT Member Posts: 621
    Options

do you have any plans to alter gen speed?

• bortolinho
    bortolinho Member Posts: 1
    Options

Was wondering if there was any plan to change the delay of attacking after using shock therapy. Just my thoughts, but I think its kind of awkward in its current state. If you want to keep it though, what if the more madness levels the survivors are afflicted with, the cool down to attack decreases (if more survivors are affected with madness, the shorter the cool down). This would reward the killer for using their power effectively.

• Civ_SpiderMan
    Civ_SpiderMan Member Posts: 2
    Options

If Ruin is in need of a tweak or change, would you consider making it like NOED? (ie. Activating after a condition is met) Or make it's power related to the number of totems left on the map. (ie. 5 totems up = 350% regression. 4=300%, 3=250%, 2=200%, 1=150%).

Sorry I know this is long.

• Pibbmeister
    Pibbmeister Member Posts: 1
    Options

What was the decision behind leaving the Doctor's Calm Affliction unchanged? In my experience, the most common reason anyone brought the Calm add-ons was for the increased TR, and not this effect. Even somewhat experienced players can tell if it's fake either through not seeing the Doctor visually or via the heartbeat not changing in intensity.

Glad the Scrapped Tape is gone, Iridescent Queen is way better than the donut ring! :)

• Zoldyar
    Zoldyar Member Posts: 438
    edited January 2020
    Options

Due to gen speed being quick in red ranks, are you planning on adjusting the timer? If so, from the statistics shown by killers performing better than survivors in red ranks with the current gen speed, do you have any ideas of how to balance it out for killer’s and survivors?

• FeryGEN
    FeryGEN Member Posts: 627
    Options

Hello. Why didn’t they strengthen the “Overwhelming presence” and change the "Maple Knight" addon? Will they be changed in the future?

• SupaSlay3r20
    SupaSlay3r20 Member Posts: 139
    Options

Some of the people in the community are creating their own chase music for some killers. Is their any chance that you might use some of these in the game.

• ProfoundEnding
    ProfoundEnding Member Posts: 2,334
    Options

Why were The Spirit, Doctor, Jane, and David chosen for the next Rift? What was the motivation behind those 4?

• themirrortwin
    themirrortwin Member Posts: 280
    edited January 2020
    Options

Considering the recent designer notes about ruin, "The passive nature of the gameplay pressure it provides means that there is a huge amount of potential with very little effort or risk on behalf of ..," when will keys be nerfed?

• RickyRick
    RickyRick Member Posts: 5
    Options

Will the archives ever have lore/cinematics for the realms and maps, Like something about how Lery's became the place it was before project awakening?

• Arqueus
    Arqueus Member Posts: 44
    edited January 2020
    Options

Greetings, my question is the following:

Seeing that from the outside of the Lery's Memorial Institute there is clearly a second floor, why wasn't the map redesigned to include a whole second floor? I indeed know about the second floor on the treatment area of the map but I mean a second floor apart from that.

Respectully

Arqueus

• drock5856
    drock5856 Member Posts: 5
    Options

With the Ruin changes causing gen speeds to increase do you have any plans to change keys due to how uncounterable they are in game? even if you dominate the survivors almost always two survivors can escape with little to no effort. For example even if you use franklins or just kill the person with the key it will always stay present in the game.

• kurgan8282
    kurgan8282 Member Posts: 264
    edited January 2020
    Options

I'd love to receive an answer about this, after the new ruin will pop in the game, it Will be matter of days (if not hours) to realize how unbalanced will turn the game.

So if this will be the case, in how long time you would eventually plan a patch to re-balance it? because i am 99% sure that there will be an urge to fix this.

Post edited by kurgan8282 on
  • Tzeentchpriest
    Tzeentchpriest Member Posts: 1
    Options

Why change the doctor at all? He is a character you wont even find in red ranks. As I can see the changes to ruin itself might be geared for endgame was the design of its reform made to apply more pressure to the survivors because with most killers I notice they always keep a tight loop to that totem and that makes me wonder how haunted ground will be effected since it seemed very much to go hand in hand with ruin as a clever Russian roulette. Survivors break the totem ruin usually when another player gets hooked to put pressure and potential hook guarding off of the one on the hook so I as well as a few others that can see both sides of this coin are I'm sure curious as to how this will effect overall gameplay and not make killers feel as though most of their Perks are becoming useless.

• Hailoh
    Hailoh Member Posts: 83
    Options

Are we ever going to see the killer & survivor hinted at in Tome I of the Archives?

• underlord99
    underlord99 Member Posts: 1,030
    Options

Now that you've tweaked one of the most common perks used by killers will you be tweaking any super common perks used by survivors?

• AGM
    AGM Member Posts: 806
    Options

Could we get a mid-chapter patch that focuses on tweaking some weaker perks?

Some examples:

Buckle Up; It doesn't help you heal downed players any faster so that you can even take advantage its aura reading often enough to make it worthwhile.

Camaraderie; It seems like it would make more sense if it paused second stage entity progression for up to 34s if the killer is with 16m of the hook, as opposed to another survivor (because currently the killer can see the progression timer paused and knows to look for another survivor near the hook).

Monstrous Shrine; Why does this perk still exist?

Overwhelming Presence; Franklin's Demise is much better at denying item use, so could we get this perk reworked as well?

Thank you to everyone at BHVR for this amazing game!

• xodeusism
    xodeusism Member Posts: 13
    Options

Will killer updates include updates to their respective maps just like Doctor with Lery's?

• Reaper_xx
    Reaper_xx Member Posts: 173
    Options

Have you ever consider using fan made music for the killers' chase music?

• StardustSpeedway
    StardustSpeedway Member Posts: 882
    Options

With the addition of custom music to killers, what's going to happen to the current themes? One of the most exciting things for me as a survivor is the mystery of who the killer actually is, but with custom themes, part of that mystery goes away for me. Don't get me wrong - I love the custom killer chase themes and support them 100%, but I hope the current themes don't go away.

• Spirit12B4
    Spirit12B4 Member Posts: 5
    Options

Do you plan on buffing the louder killers like Oni and Demogorgon whose constant loud sounds and noisy cues tell so much information to the other survivors? Because their problems seem to come from the amount of noise they make with even their footsteps making it hard to mind game loops and the fact that Demogorgon has add-ons that don't really help him out too mich besides 1 extra portal and increased shred movement speed.

• snowflake102
    snowflake102 Member Posts: 2,188
    edited January 2020
    Options

Are you going to add more killer chase music?

• EJmurdermain
    EJmurdermain Member Posts: 109
    Options

Is the Gatekeeper changes working out and will there be changes to other emblems?

• Kernelzilla
    Kernelzilla Member Posts: 67
    Options

Why Snap Out Of It has priority over mend yourself? this gonna change in the live version or this keep as it is now? 

(this happens in the old and the improved doctor's power)

• FairP1ayer
    FairP1ayer Member Posts: 500
    Options

With all Killers getting their own chase music soon, what will happen to the all the chase music that randomly plays for Killers and Survivors?

• RepMetal
    RepMetal Member Posts: 7
    edited January 2020
    Options

What are you guys going to do to help Set-up Killers like The Trapper and Hag now that Hex: Ruin is changing. What about Power-up Killers like Myers and Oni that have less time to build charge in the game?

Post edited by Mandy on
  • Cabbage
    Cabbage Member Posts: 349
    Options

Are other maps going to be getting changes like the Lery's rework or will they be like the Badham rework?

• JawsIsTheNextKiller
    JawsIsTheNextKiller Member Posts: 3,354
    Options

How will you assess the impact of the changes made to Ruin?

• hazthetrapper
    hazthetrapper Member Posts: 1
    Options

The new Ruin, since playing with it, seems to benefit high pressure killers (Hillbilly, Nurse, etc.). Previously Ruin was used to compensate for low pressure killers.

Would you consider again changing Ruin, taking away its annoyance factor and simply making it increase generator completion time, adding more seconds to generators per perk tier?

• aGoodOldRub
    aGoodOldRub Member Posts: 267
    edited January 2020
    Options

Will there be changes to items like ruin ?

• Timmylaw
    Timmylaw Member Posts: 225
    Options

It's a pretty simple fix, make totems slow down gets. At start of match gens move at half speed and each cleansed totem makes them go 10% faster. Once all totems are cleansed gens move at 100% speed. Simple, gives a secondary objective but doesn't change the core mechanics

• cipherbay_
    cipherbay_ Member Posts: 379
    Options

Will other maps be getting TLC like Doctor map in the future?

• nyan_painbow
    nyan_painbow Member Posts: 53
    Options

Why is doctor's chasing music so awfully annoying?

• Calciphir
    Calciphir Member Posts: 1
    Options

Ruin was changed to decrease how much its used. Are there any plans to rework some of the other perks that players rarely use to increase how much they're actually used? IE: monstrous shrine, no mither, etc.

• SpicyTopRamen
    SpicyTopRamen Member Posts: 68
    Options

Will there be other gen slow down perks in the future?

• AChaoticKiller
    AChaoticKiller Member Posts: 3,104
    Options

Do you think it is a good idea to include a natural mechanic in this game that would slow down gens now that Hex: Ruin won't slow them down anymore? Such a mechanic could be to give survivors a repair debuff at the start of the match or blocking all gens for a few seconds every time a gen is completed.

• manzari
    manzari Member Posts: 50
    edited January 2020
    Options

Are the queue times going to be fixed in 3.5.0? As survivor it takes too long to find games but as killer it's almost instant. Both red ranks btw.

• C0ffeebuzz
    C0ffeebuzz Member Posts: 1
    Options

Will you update some perks like hex: ruin to be more effective in the game, for example for it to regress every survivor action that's not fully completed such as healing, exit gates, searching, and more?

Also have any plans for hooks in the level since of they're spawning locations?

Continue doing good work ya'll <3

• Gravewalker200
    Gravewalker200 Member Posts: 451
    Options

How do you feel about people screaming about ruin

• OMagic_ManO
    OMagic_ManO Member Posts: 3,278
    Options

Now that you have the Doctor reworked and gave him music, will music be given to every Killer periodically and in what conditions will they have to prioritize which Killer will receive chase music (etc) for them? Will the music come with changes to the Killer, or could be given without changing the Killer due to balance needs?

The addition to Doctor was great, have you seen Mr. Envy's work for fan made chase music?

• FoggyDownpour
    FoggyDownpour Member Posts: 288
    Options

Now that the rift has closed, do you have any data about how people did that you're willing to share? For example, the least completed challenge or the average percentage of the rift that players completed by the end, both killer and survivor side. Were people that bought the rift pass more likely to complete more of the challenges?

• Yucchi
    Yucchi Member Posts: 250
    Options

We know that generator times are too fast for killers and too boring for survivor to bring the time up. Are you testing any secondary objectives/ necessary additions to give more time for killers?

• USELESS
    USELESS Member Posts: 1,151
    Options

Could you create a new add-on for the doctor for charge faster his blast?

• tony42545
    tony42545 Member Posts: 86
    Options

so in the response of the ruin changes are you going to make killers stronger in chase so they can keep up with the speed of gens?

• sneakymeghead
    sneakymeghead Member Posts: 32
    Options

Do you plan to reduce the size of largest maps ? This would definitely help after the hex: ruin rework.

• BEHIND_YOU
    BEHIND_YOU Member Posts: 1
    Options

Are you folks aware that the nurses ability dose not work with most structures in the new map?

• LivUndead
    LivUndead Member Posts: 69
    Options

How do you plan on following up on the Ruin nerf?

This discussion has been closed.